Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should Dragonlord The Ancient Bloody Age of Artifice Break the Siege or Remain Sealed?

REMAIN SEALED!
- 0 (0%)
BREAK THE SEIGE!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 04, 2013, 07:40:59 pm

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 32

Author Topic: Bloody Age of Artifice: A Fortress Defense Fort Abandoned by the Mountainhomes  (Read 40991 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

Properly harnessed, you'll have a garbage pit incinerator for all the other forts to oooh and aaaw at.

You want to deal with a fire breathing flea, be my guest. I'm not loosing more dwarves over fancy contraptions.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile

Properly harnessed, you'll have a garbage pit incinerator for all the other forts to oooh and aaaw at.

Normally I'd be with you on this one, but we're in a fort that doesn't have a mountain home anymore with no chances of caravans or migrants.  Perhaps we should be a little on the safe side this time, yeah?

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I agree with Karkov. Every dwarf here is precious. More precious then platinum, more precious then the adamantine deposits, and more precious then that last tiny bit of hematite in an iron deprived fortress. Dwarves are the lifeblood of every fortress, and this fortress has spilled enough of it already. Three deaths, one from stupidity, one from the enemy and another from pride, and I won't loose another until they die of old age. I won't be updating for a few hours, I got work and I've been busy with chores. I'm expecting by before the next thawing that we can seal ourselves off. i'm trying my best to hoard wood for barrels and other contraptions we might need. If I had clay, I wouldn't have barrel problems though, cause I'd use pots (and Chucker would actually use pots instead of barrels that are grey tinted like pots).

Also, once the sealing is done, I'm expecting an overdrive of "mingling" sessions, and I think Karkov is gonna get the next wife, but the only issue is hes VERY anti-social. He has only one friend he made there and it was Cmega, whereas Cmega was friends with EVERYONE in the session (but I found out he can't marry anyone there since hes the second oldest in the fortress, being a whopping 83, only topped by the expedition leader whos 91). And as for thoughts tabs, heres the named ones:

Highmax:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Karkov:

Cmega3:

Splint:

Pot Chunke- I mean, Pot Chucker:

And Last but not least, Lord Lemonpie:

We have 15 dwarves total, and 6 named, meaning we have 9 leftover for dorfing. I hope that no sieges come by before we lock ourselves away...

I probably just jinxed myself there, didn't I?

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile

I quite enjoyed the thread so far, great work!

Can I have a dwarf? With military experience, if possible. I think there was one left unoccupied...  ::)
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Pot chucker needs a family now...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I quite enjoyed the thread so far, great work!

Can I have a dwarf? With military experience, if possible. I think there was one left unoccupied...  ::)

The axe lord who has the biggest kill count in the whole fortress and her skills only rivaled by Pot Chucker. Shes all your my friend. And Pot Chucker must've been raised by rabbits, cause he sill thinks hes a happy little bunny (hence why when he talks, its rabbit noises)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Rabbits make noises? I have never noticed.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

I'm the odd one out on happiness. Lovely. Oh well though, guess I just need to kill more things to make up for that.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm the odd one out on happiness. Lovely. Oh well though, guess I just need to kill more things to make up for that.

I also think Pot Chucker is the only one who doesn't care about anything anymore, and that's quite suitable.

Also they make little nibbling noises. And I'm terrified of my friend's rabbit who has teeth half the size of my pinky (roughly 1-1/2" STICKING OUT of its mouth). And he made that noises while he was on my lap and I went:

"What the hell is in his mouth?"

Idiot friend: "That's his teeth dumbass!"

Me: *screams, drops rabbit, wanting to throw it* "DEMON RABBIT!"

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wonder... What would happen if you locked up checker and lady splint in a room together for a year?

DUE TO EDIT:

Really? My siblings where never like that. They just consumed live power cables.
Highly Opinionated Fool

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloody Age of Artifice: A Fortress Defense Fort Abandoned by the Mountainhomes
« Reply #100 on: September 28, 2013, 09:01:16 pm »

I wonder... What would happen if you locked up checker and lady splint in a room together for a year?

DUE TO EDIT:

Really? My siblings where never like that. They just consumed live power cables.

Would never happen. The wiki says 10 year difference or it won't work. I was actually gonna shove you and your sparring partner in the same room cause they're only a couple years apart if I recall. I'll post updates soon, so be ready

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloody Age of Artifice: A Fortress Defense Fort Abandoned by the Mountainhomes
« Reply #101 on: September 28, 2013, 09:03:03 pm »

Two years. Only two years...
Highly Opinionated Fool

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 28, 2013, 09:09:32 pm »

Two years. Only two years...

Make that 12 years... And besides, you might be "mingling" next session with other canadates (I really did it randomly this time excluding Karkov and Cmega, I wanted military on full time while the roof is built)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 28, 2013, 09:17:17 pm »

Two years off of 10.
Highly Opinionated Fool

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 28, 2013, 09:49:47 pm »

Two years off of 10.

I see what you did now

13th of Timber, 131: Ambushes and Prisoners of War
Goblin ambushes came in from the north. I grabbed my sword and readied to attack. The Axe lord, who I found out was named Sarrak all along, and Chucker, were "voluntarily" placed in the "mingling" program. I scoffed at this, but it would give me and Splint our time to shine. And just as I said that, two ambushes came from the same side... Right into our traps. We charged as two great swordsmasters and the enemy already fled as Splint took joy in tearing apart a goblin with her sword. One fled as the crossbowmen came out to greet us. We charged as they got caught in more traps and bolts flew past us. I stabbed my blade deep into one of them as Splint killed off another two single handedly. Seven were captured and four were killed, with one getting away to flee. I let loose a wicked smile as the goblins swore at us in their native tongues. One reached out to grab me and I stabbed my longsword into his hand. I didn't kill him though, but his hand is stuck to the cage with my sword pinning it down. A good days work for us here. Splint took a bit of time to mock them for killing her friend years ago.

On another note, the damn gemcutter announced she has ANOTHER cat! I swear, I'm gonna soak her head for this...

LATER:
Another ambush, Splint and I charged again for glory. They chased a cat up the hill AWAY from us. As we ran towards it, we found goblins at our gates. We killed the ones closest first, and then made our way north. A kitten got wounded, and guess who owns it... No seriously, I want you to guess. The goblins ran off before we could make it to them though, so none are left to be seen on the fields of battle yet. We're stationed outside right now near the gate to watch out and for quick dispatch.  Just before we get to our posts, ANOTHER ambush arrives. They flee quickly at the sight of us and run right into more traps. Those things are proving to be VERY effective.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 32