Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should Dragonlord The Ancient Bloody Age of Artifice Break the Siege or Remain Sealed?

REMAIN SEALED!
- 0 (0%)
BREAK THE SEIGE!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 04, 2013, 07:40:59 pm

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 32

Author Topic: Bloody Age of Artifice: A Fortress Defense Fort Abandoned by the Mountainhomes  (Read 40945 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Bloody Age of Artifice: A Fortress Defense Fort With No Releif
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2013, 06:23:39 pm »

27th of Timber, 129: Silence Before the Storm?
We've been practicing more with full body armor, and I swear, its so much better knowing we're well protected. Pot Chucker has taken it upon himself to name his spear:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It means "Prisonhide the Fericious Tornado". A suiting name for someone who move so gracefully and powerful. I've been training with two blades for awhile, and I'm grown attatched to the blade in my left hand, the short sword. We're all kind of getting attached to our gear now. The wrestler is now an axe lord (and I will be calling her such now). We're all legendary in at least two skills, mostly fighter and our weapon skills. There have also been fears that our population dwindles, and the gem cutter has the brilliant idea of shoving some of us into a room and... "mingling" with hopes of repopulating our fortress. I may take a wife, but I wouldn't know who. It will be strange being off duty honestly. He said the mingling will happen during the spring in the meeting halls. Its gonna be odd for sure. Snow is falling, and we're also butchering most of our animals. We don't need 20 skunks and 40 kiwis. Hopefully the leather will be nice for us to make clothing. We also got some gold after we hit caverns, but nothing really is down there except some ores... I don't trust that one bit...We also took some wolf pups and are going to start breeding them. The parents are still together and the mechanic that I don't remember the name of, is training with them. I was thinking of taking one of the wolves as my own companion. IT would be a companion worthy of a king, and he would be my ally in the fields of war. I feel that the snowstormsbring more then just cold... I pray we make it through another year in silence...
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 09:24:29 pm by highmax28 »
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2013, 06:26:17 pm »

Fortress defense mod has seiges from lesser races at 20 population... ANd thats installed atm

Armok be with you.

Armok be with us all...

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2013, 06:35:13 pm »

Unless you fiddled with something the most that should be coming at you is the stranglers and beak wolves (if they managed to survive worldgen; they often don't make it past around year 50) and forgmen/naga/blendecs. The rest tend to not show up until, if memory serves, around 50ish dwarves and you sure as hell don't have that many. Goblin ambushes will come whenever the hell they feel like once the first month of the first winter rolls around, as you've seen.

If you went with all of them then you messed up big time and eventually, more eventually than usual save for just buttoning up with gates, you'll get overwhelmed by lots of trapavoid creatures. not really sure how things bigger than a dwarf can avoid traps designed to kil things goblin and larger but still...

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2013, 07:00:54 pm »

Unless you fiddled with something the most that should be coming at you is the stranglers and beak wolves (if they managed to survive worldgen; they often don't make it past around year 50) and forgmen/naga/blendecs. The rest tend to not show up until, if memory serves, around 50ish dwarves and you sure as hell don't have that many. Goblin ambushes will come whenever the hell they feel like once the first month of the first winter rolls around, as you've seen.

If you went with all of them then you messed up big time and eventually, more eventually than usual save for just buttoning up with gates, you'll get overwhelmed by lots of trapavoid creatures. not really sure how things bigger than a dwarf can avoid traps designed to kil things goblin and larger but still...

I added all but the bonus creatures. I mostly wanted the Jotun 8) Yay Nordic references! And I think this fortress will last the longest for me because of the small amount and dwarven babies having the option of GROWING UP TO ADULTHOOD. Also, our friend Pot Chucker has given a name to his iron shield, but I can't post photos because my uploader is being stupid cause I D/C from schools wifi ::)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2013, 07:02:14 pm »

Well have fun with trapavoid blendecs and nagas then. They may be able to attack you.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2013, 07:06:10 pm »

Well have fun with trapavoid blendecs and nagas then. They may be able to attack you.

Might, but I got 3 bridges and a moat to defend my base. Also, four legendary dwarves in the army in case they make it. They wont come in unless I let them

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

3rd of Obsidian, 129: Slaughtering Animals, Moats Completed, And Bookkeepers
We finished off with the moat today. The miner channeled out the edges of the river since the ice is still thick. We'll have to wait for the summer for it to thaw and then we'll have a full moat.

We've also almost slaughtered most of our animals and we now have a great abundance of meat products. Problem is, we're out of stockpile room, so we're expanding the stockpile to make up for this. Speaking of expanding, our fortress just finished the room/study that will house our new bookkeeper. The gemcutter was voted in for the position for now, until we can get someone who can appraise objects (which may never come to pass if we're that unlucky as before). Its late winter and nothing happened this year. This scares me. I fear that the goblins are biding their time. Soon though, the winter will end and we will have our "mingling" sessions. Cmega, Karkov, Chucker, and myself are apparently all the males in the fortress... I guess the one I know of are all the males we know, Splint being the only female I know by name. Well, heres to another year in the frozen wastelands. I drink this wine to our health, our bravery, and our future. And I drink to honor the great halls of stone we came from. Even though they abandoned us, I swear we will perservere against all odds. May my blade destroy all that try and stop us...

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

14th of Obsidian, 129: Silence Breaks
A farmer just shouted while leading a puppy to be butchered, that a bunch of goblin hammermen showed up being led by a bowman. Its only a matter of time before someone gets hurt, so I ready the troops and we charge. I hope our armor training was well worth it...

LATER:
We killed all but one, who got away. I was a little late showing up, but all I saw was a spinning deathflurry of the axe lords axe destroying everything in her way. I never seen someone move so quickly. Then Chucker came in and used Tornado to kill goblins with ease. Splint and I were last to join the fray and ended up missing most of the battle. We chased down the survivors and mortally wounded the bowman while the hammerman ran away before we could kill him. I went up to the bowman, arm missing and guts spilled and grabbed his throat.

"Where are you from? Who are you?"

The goblin spat on me. I gave him a quick punch to the face. He coughed up blood.

"Don't make me ask twice!"

"Em! Em of the excavated lie!"

"Why are you attacking us?"

He smiled with whatever teeth he had left.

"You're the last of the dwarves. Your precious mountainhome? We sacked the place YEARS ago. We saw maps and other information saying that you were here, so we readied for a time to destroy you."

I dropped my sword and grabbed his throat.

"You're lying..."

HE laughed.

"See the equipment we bear? Its all dwarven make. All gear we stole from your homelands. Look at the emblem on my ally's chestplate. Its the three turkeys that represent your homes. We killed everyone there. Your family, your loved ones... Even the king that we butchered like a pig."

I rammed my hand into the gaping hole in his chest and ripped out his heart. He stopped talking and choked on blood. He died almost instantly.

I stood over his body, blood covering my armor, and the other three stood by me. "So we're all that's left?" Splint asked. Chucker made a snipping noise like a rabbit in agreement. "I guess so..." I wiped the blood from my sword and sheathed the blade. "Lets make our ancestors proud... We'll become the last of the dwarves and survive all that come at us... Our outpost will endure all of time until we're the only race left alive..." Snow fell hard that day, and nobody said anything till we got to the gemcutter's office, filled with his cats. We told him the news, and he told everyone else. I stood outside in the cold for a few hours and sighed. We're all alone in the world now...
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 09:29:10 pm by highmax28 »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I actually just found out that the real reason why theres no migrants or caravans: all the dwarves are dead. The elves and the humans might be too far or at war with me, but the dwarves are, more then likely, dead. It would explain why nowhere showed up when I highlighted the only dwarven settlement on the map. Only issue is now that there will never be a baron or anything like that from now on, but we can live without extra nobles, right?

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile

No nobles?  Frozen wasteland?  No need to mess with a broker?  Sounds like a good time to me.  Only thing is, if we don't have flux we'll never have steel.

Great story.  I can only hope we actually get far enough in this fort for the kids to start helping, it's gonna be a fun ride.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

16th of Obsidian, 129: Reinforcements Arrive... But not for us
Two days passed when we heard the grave news, and then more sounds of panic were heard; more goblins had arrived! Luckily, we made our rounds and found them before anyone got in their way. We charge again now, hopefully to protect our lands from evils once again...

LATER:
I didn't see what happened because Chucker and the axe lord killed one of the goblins before the rest ran away in fear. They killed two apparently as the rest ran away in fear. Thankfully, no one was harmed. We're stationed outside, and it appears the LOVE to attack us during the snowstorms. Let them come I say, it would be better to wash away their blood in the snow anyway.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No nobles?  Frozen wasteland?  No need to mess with a broker?  Sounds like a good time to me.  Only thing is, if we don't have flux we'll never have steel.

Great story.  I can only hope we actually get far enough in this fort for the kids to start helping, it's gonna be a fun ride.

We got marble and plenty of goblinite. We should last awhile. I may end up using the idea of "peasant militia" and make it a real thing :P

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

24th of Obsidian, 129: Thieves and Splint's delight
We heard the metalcrafter yell thief and me and splint ran to chase the thief away and kill it. Splint ran quickly; she haden't spilled any blood yet this year, but she will get the chance now. The koblad looked back and saw the warmaiden cut his teeth out with great precision, followed by a second cut removing more teeth. Then she cut his arm off, sending blood pouring across the field. She then stabbed and twisted the blade into the kobalds lower body, killing the poor creature before it even stood a chance. Splint's ferocity in battle amazes me, and I'm glad I'm fighting with her and not AGAINST her.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

5th of Granite, 130: "Mingling Sessions"
Almost as soon as we though that it was over with the goblin ambushes, I was thrown into an assignment much worse then anything I have ever done: the expedition leader's "mingling" program. We were all randomly picked, two men, two women, and we were to do nothing but "mingle" whatever that means. Splint was volunteered also, and so was Cmega. The ewxpidition leader kinda herded us into the food stockpile and said there may be more joining us. Its been quite awkward so far, but we're all getting to know eachother. Its rather uncomfortable really, if this is the expedition leader's version of "speed dating".

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

21st of Slate, 130: Is It Working Yet?
We've been doing this thing for over a month now, and I don't think its working too well. Yeah, we're getting to know each other better but all we've really been doing is partying.. And I have no idea what happens at those parties cause I get too drunk to remember... Splint and I talk quite a bit, Cmega is kind of isolating himself, and the presser keep passing out. Fun...

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 32