Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should Dragonlord The Ancient Bloody Age of Artifice Break the Siege or Remain Sealed?

REMAIN SEALED!
- 0 (0%)
BREAK THE SEIGE!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 04, 2013, 07:40:59 pm

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 32

Author Topic: Bloody Age of Artifice: A Fortress Defense Fort Abandoned by the Mountainhomes  (Read 40297 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

I'd prefer a warrior of some sort (or a warrior in the making.) or (when the time comes) one of the ballista builders.

Do any dwarfs fit the requisites? (also it doesn't matter to much whether I become melee or ranged)
Only children since there are no migrants that are being shoved into the military. I'll post up an updated list of the current dwarves living in Bloody Age of Artifice.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile

How many years in are we again?  Four-ish?  It's been too long with too many "stories" in between for me to remember. :P

Think we can get an updated save of the fort at some point?  I wanna poke around in the coliseum and stuffs, see if I can't floor magma everywhere.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Heres the list of the current survivors of the outpost. We're surprisingly known as a Hamlet now, although we don't even have the population to be one... Our animals consist of a crap ton of Wolves, puppies (somehow some dogs went MIA) and Cats... LOTS of cats... And a huge list of untamed animals thaty got stuck in the traps outside. Oh, and one war grizzly.

I also forgot to mention we still have 250 gold bars... Which is VERY impressive since we have no use for them.

How many years in are we again?  Four-ish?  It's been too long with too many "stories" in between for me to remember. :P

Think we can get an updated save of the fort at some point?  I wanna poke around in the coliseum and stuffs, see if I can't floor magma everywhere.

Try 12 years... Its 138 and we began in 126.

Heres a copy of the save, you just reminded me to put it up:

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heres the list of the current survivors of the outpost. We're surprisingly known as a Hamlet now, although we don't even have the population to be one... Our animals consist of a crap ton of Wolves, puppies (somehow some dogs went MIA) and Cats... LOTS of cats... And a huge list of untamed animals thaty got stuck in the traps outside. Oh, and one war grizzly.

I also forgot to mention we still have 250 gold bars... Which is VERY impressive since we have no use for them.

Try 12 years... Its 138 and we began in 126.

Heres a copy of the save, you just reminded me to put it up:

Losin' track of the time.  We have to do something megaprojecty with all those bars.  They're just asking to be used.  I'll start messing around in the save once I get back home, I need to see what's goin' on with everything.

How old is your oldest son now?  Should be 8-10 if my guess is right.  Soon he'll reach adult status, and another helping hand will be around the fort.

gammaflux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I shall be Avuz Umalath. (If that's fine)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I shall be Avuz Umalath. (If that's fine)
Done and done

28th of Hemetite, 138: The Animal War
The gates lowered again this time, but I was all alone. Splint was sleeping, and Sarrak and Chucker were sparring and unaware of this. Today I would fight alone for my family and my honor. I watched as the Ocelots and the Beak Wolves and their mounts came barreling down the bridge. I readied my blades, and they sung a tune for me, in the language of blood and war. I went into another trance and began to cut them done, one by one. Deepest in my mind, I thought of my family, my friends and their children. I was a living whirlwind of death, with my mind cleared of everything except those I protected. Gammaflux, my youngest, could barely walk. How could she protect herself if I died? I felt warm blood splatter my face as I cut down many by myself. If a death shall come to me in battle, then let it be a heroes death... But I will not die today. Giant Mantises began to fly in and knock me down, but I got up and cut them down. Splint arrived as more arrived and we routed them, all fleeing before us. I chased down the last remaining squads as they scattered, and Splint and I were bombarded by the mantises and Dingoes. It was looking grim despite us being unharmed, but then Chucker's pot slammed into the side of one of their heads, splattering it across the field. I got up and ran to Splint's side, koilling the mantis as a team. We returned to the fortress as the rest began to rout, but chucker decided to take a nap on the bridge. He woke up and when the gates rose again, his wife came up to him with his secondborn; a son.

My eldest son, Timeless Bob, is getting bigger, being seven years old now. In five years, he will undergo work as a dwarf and then, after his brothers and their friends grow older, he will learn how to become a true warrior. He will study the ways of using a crossbow with his brother Fishybang first, and if he's lucky, he may join us in the fields of battle before he's fifteen. Some say you're not a true man or woman until you've tasted the fields of battle, but I disagree. You become a man or woman once you understand your duties in life. Timeless Bob will become the leader in the war to reclaim the surface from the Jotunn and become the King of the Dwarves when the Jotun are wiped out. It will take years of training, but he will learn well. Hopefully, I will still be able to carry a sword by the time he has an army to wipe out the Jotunn, and I will be at his side, perhaps not as a whirlwind of death as I once was, but perhaps an old veteran warrior, waiting for a glorious death... Karkov's child, Lidku, has been telling and reciting stories to my sons and daughters, speaking in such a way that you can almost feel as if you're actually there IN the story. Karkov should be proud...

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Augh, I meant to get on and look at stuff last night and got distracted by Grandia II.

It's kind of amazing how the fortress keeps getting away with these massive fights unscathed.  Have we ever even had wounded?  And you said we have over 20 dorfs now, right?  That should mean that soon we're gonna start getting artifacts.  Hope we have all the necessary stuff.

BlackMuffin

• Bay Watcher
  • One notable kill: Himself
    • View Profile

Oh hey, it says in Rovod's preferences that he likes gold.

I think you're pretty well set for this one.
Mod mod mod the raws!
Mod mod mod the raws!
SAY YES TO SLAVERY
A better fort for you and me!

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well make a child day care...

Out of gold...

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

GOLDEN ROOMS FOR ALL.
WITH GOLDEN OFFICES.
AND GOLD-ENCRUSTED BEDS.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

GOLDEN ROOMS FOR ALL.
WITH GOLDEN OFFICES.
AND GOLD-ENCRUSTED BEDS.
We're already getting large, smoothed rooms with a cabinet and a coffer. Sorry about the lack of updates, but:

a) Was trying to finish reading my book
b) Distractions
c) Other threads
d) Distractions
e) Tests and Essays
f) Distractions
g) Real life

Did I mention I get distracted VERY easily?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Club to join.

Has everyone a office, a dining room AND a bed room?
Highly Opinionated Fool

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Club to join.

Has everyone a office, a dining room AND a bed room?
I could engrave the rooms and make them all 3, then we'd have modest everything.

We'd live like [NOBLE]s!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What? Nobles have solid gold sets of rooms?
Highly Opinionated Fool

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What? Nobles have solid gold sets of rooms?
Nobles so far have big rooms fully engraved with an office and dining hall inside of it and a cabinet

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 32