Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should Dragonlord The Ancient Bloody Age of Artifice Break the Siege or Remain Sealed?

REMAIN SEALED!
- 0 (0%)
BREAK THE SEIGE!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 04, 2013, 07:40:59 pm

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32

Author Topic: Bloody Age of Artifice: A Fortress Defense Fort Abandoned by the Mountainhomes  (Read 40920 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

I see this was referenced in Bridgestreams. Good. Good.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile

Seeing as how Bridgedstreams is basically the same as we are, just with humans, it'd be kinda hard to keep references away. 

Good to see that Highmax is trudging through the forts though, he's furthering the cause of dwarf fort players all over!

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

I also noticed a lot of fortresses doing similar things now. Volcanic musical chairs has a dead mountain home as well as bridgestreams
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

BlackMuffin

• Bay Watcher
  • One notable kill: Himself
    • View Profile

I also noticed a lot of fortresses doing similar things now. Volcanic musical chairs has a dead mountain home as well as bridgestreams
...thing is we weren't told the Home was dead so we all built Trade Depots. xD

Still, this thread is slightly more original in how it's run simply because of the narrative aspect you give it.
Mod mod mod the raws!
Mod mod mod the raws!
SAY YES TO SLAVERY
A better fort for you and me!

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...thing is we weren't told the Home was dead so we all built Trade Depots. xD

Still, this thread is slightly more original in how it's run simply because of the narrative aspect you give it.

Yay!

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Truthfully we didn't even know our Mountain Home was gone when Highmax made the fort.  Had to figure that one.  One way or another it makes for an interesting fort, seeing as how if a forum dwarf dies, it might be a while before he gets another.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Truthfully we didn't even know our Mountain Home was gone when Highmax made the fort.  Had to figure that one.  One way or another it makes for an interesting fort, seeing as how if a forum dwarf dies, it might be a while before he gets another.
Unless they want babies as themselves like Timeless Bob, Lidku and Fishybang. I'm also going to put the blame on you for being away for so long in narrative, saying you've been telling me stories that I had no interest in (One of a bunch of fortresses in a frozen waste with lots of volcanoes and a representative of each one going between each, a horror story about a bunch of grotesque humanoids fighting countless waves of the undead while amidst a war of the gods, and a story of the last humans in existence, having a colony right overtop a river, which reminds me that I got work to do HERE as the last of the dwarves)

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unless they want babies as themselves like Timeless Bob, Lidku and Fishybang. I'm also going to put the blame on you for being away for so long in narrative, saying you've been telling me stories that I had no interest in (One of a bunch of fortresses in a frozen waste with lots of volcanoes and a representative of each one going between each, a horror story about a bunch of grotesque humanoids fighting countless waves of the undead while amidst a war of the gods, and a story of the last humans in existence, having a colony right overtop a river, which reminds me that I got work to do HERE as the last of the dwarves)

Highmax cancels Manage Fort:  Interrupted by Karkov's bullshit stories.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Highmax cancels Manage Fort:  Interrupted by Karkov's bullshit stories.

Yep. I should find a way to photoshop that so it actually works. I'd use bullshit though instead of stories because its funny to begin with, why not make it better? :P

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Expect updates tomorrow! And links to Karkov's bullshit "stories".

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

28th of Felsite, 138: Karkov's Bullshit and the Situation
Highmax: Karkov, you're a good historian and storyteller, but why on EARTH are you telling me all these stories?

Karkov: You looked stressed, so I thought I could help by telling stories

Highmax: You horrified me with that one story with those humanoids called "Fourmites" fighting endless waves of the dead while everything was on fire. And the gods kind of screwed them over

Karkov: But I made up with that with the story of the humans living like we were!

Highmax: And what about that story about several fortresses in a frozen wasteland with lots of volcanos and a representative of each going to differnet places? And most of them with problems similar to that "Fourmite" story!

Karkov: It was interesting at some points!

Highmax: It was horrifying! I almost ran away in fear! And besides, I got to go help with my duties!

Highmax Cancels Listen to Karkov: Helping the fortress

Anyway, I took another look at how we're doing since Karkov distracted me and I forgot what was going on. I swear, it felt like a week with that damned storytime...

So we got a mine being built, we got our smelters working tetrahedryte, and we're still training... Oh and from what Sarrak told me we're... Wait, we're under siege? When was this!? We're under attack by a zoo pretty much, with ocelots, snowy owls, and beak wolves... Who forgot to tell me this? Karkov, I blame you for this

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Oh oh! Beak wolves! We can tear them apart easy!

gammaflux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If it isn't to much trouble could you possibly "dorf" me? I started reading the thread out of curiosity and now would like to join.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If it isn't to much trouble could you possibly "dorf" me? I started reading the thread out of curiosity and now would like to join.
Gladly! Any preferences? I still gotta dorf another person as well, so I'll do both at once

gammaflux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd prefer a warrior of some sort (or a warrior in the making.) or (when the time comes) one of the ballista builders.

Do any dwarfs fit the requisites? (also it doesn't matter to much whether I become melee or ranged)
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32