Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should Dragonlord The Ancient Bloody Age of Artifice Break the Siege or Remain Sealed?

REMAIN SEALED!
- 0 (0%)
BREAK THE SEIGE!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 04, 2013, 07:40:59 pm

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 32

Author Topic: Bloody Age of Artifice: A Fortress Defense Fort Abandoned by the Mountainhomes  (Read 41018 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

20th of Timber, 136: The Decision and The Preparation
Splint and myself sharpened our blades as the others began to prepare for the coming storm. The ideas of glory and battle came over us, and we all voted for us to open the gates and unleash hell. Everyone is preparing traps in the main hallway before the gates. Sarrak and Splint grin eagerly, desiring nothing more then to wet their blades after so long. Once the traps are laid, everyone will huddle down into the "mingling" rooms and hide away. No one will get our except for one person. All our wolves and war dogs are placed close by where we will make our stand. They will enter our halls, only to be hurt by our traps we have laid. We will let them come, one at a time through our airlock and watch as we butcher them and their animals with our steel. Sarrak gave me a count with a devilish grin; over eighty enemies have been sighted. I knew this was going to be a strange battle indeed now. Even with tactics and planning, this would be a very swayed battle. Sarrak and SPlint look eager for certain. I'm only ready to die if I can die fending them off. My sons will avenge me one day if I die here. But never will I falter, not once, for my family. The last of the traps are placed; now we await for the woodcutter to pull the last lever...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

5th of Moonstone, 136: This Day We Fight!
We stood there in silence. Silence filled the room as we watched the gate in silence. Whatever horrors awaited us out there, today we battled it. Today we fight. Heartbeats raised, either excitedly or nervously. We were greatly outnumbered; twenty of them to one of us, and still more. But we're the greatest soldiers the dwarves have ever seen. On this day, let it be known the last of the dwarves fought their first major battle on the fields of war. We would wait for them to come to us, and then we strike. Today may be the first of our last days, but we will never turn back; never surrender. We shall defeat the enemy. A clunk in the next room and the sound of a door locking. Years old machinery began to move, making much noise. I saw the sky; it was grey as iron, and snow fell down hard. Blood would stain our halls and our fields once more... The gate lowers fully and sounds of the enemy marching is heard...

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

LATER:
... The enemy charged straight for us, and bolts began firing. Wolves and dogs ran ahead as we waited. Then, they got inside like our plan held. They were caught, but many took their place. We charged and kept them at bay. We clashed our weapons and collided. Blood and limbs flew everywhere as insides and brains splattered the halls. We kept a close to one another, never keeping too far from the other. Splint eagerly screamed as the enemy were slain, going into a trance of nothing but bloodlust. The animals died quickly, and then I saw nothing but red. I slashed both my blades as I trained myself. I was a whirling tornado of death. Enemies fell, bears collapsed as did the giant grasshoppers. Insides became our coats and blood was our dye. Nothing but the sound of steel meeting steel was heard, and enemies fell before us. I let out a warcry and more enemies arrived, as if to answer me when I shouted: "FOR THE SONS AND DAUGHTERS OF DRAGONLORD!"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I watched as more came from the other end of the bridges. More blood to be spilled was all I could think. Splint and the others began to clean up what was left here on the rear gate. We ran out into the storm now, charging and screaming for our lives and for glory; we shall not be routed!

Sarrak then ran ahead first, as always. She began to take many shots at her, but all were blocked or parried or dodged with her deadly grace. Her axe cleaved many. The rest of us joined in the slaughter. I watched as we butchered them with our weapons. Then, after many more were killed, they began to retreat. Sarrak chased them down, and Chucker went back to grab his lead pot. Splint and I chased down more and we killed many. Sarrak killed many all around the area, hunting them down in a bloody rage. Very few got away, and only two or three got away unwounded. We ran up the slopes, slaughtering anything that came near us. Many were dismounted and killed anything that moved. Blood covered the lightly snowed fields as far as you could see. Most of it was either spraying from those fleeing or coming off of our armor as we maneuvered over the fields. Another hundred corpses covered the fields and our gates. We stood there as snow fell hard down on us. I held both my blades in hand, Splint gave a smirk as she wiped the blood off of her blade before anything else. Sarrak gazed for more enemies, her axe eager in hand. Chucker leaned on his spear with the banged up lead pot at his feet. We took our time in the fresh breeze and did nothing but stand there. The sun would not shine today, but the air and the snow was welcome. Four heroes returned to their gates, leaving the world behind again. We tasted victory and the blood god, Armok, was pleased for the sun shone as the gate closed behind us when we returned. Someday, we would return to the surface. Someday, we would reclaim it. Our friends and family greeted us as the locked doors were opened again, cleaning us off and hugging us. Chucker and I received a kiss from our wives, and my sons and my daughter ran up to me and hugged me. My family I fought for, my family I would die for... but today, I lived to fight another day for them. Karkov congratulated me with Cmega as well. They congratulated Chucker as well. After all, we're the only men left and even though KArkov has children and Cmega has a lover, Chucker and I had families we were risking. And we came through it unscathed. I smiled heartily as we all went to the well to get cleaned up...

« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 10:49:51 pm by highmax28 »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Karkov, write this down in our histories; Sarrak now has a kill count of 68 kills. Also, apparently nightwings exploded when they died, leaving small pools of liquid rock or something. I'm shocked no one was hurt by it. The war was bloody and brutal, but we won; all four of us. Soldiers, give yourselves a pat on the back, you earned it for picking that dwarf to become. Especially Sarrak who has become a legend amongst dwarves. I can only hope the children get a kill count like that as they grow up. Splint also went into three maybe four martial trances, proving her eagerness for blood. Chucker actually ran back and used a barrel (because pots and barrels are the same) and beat a grasshopper with it. The wild wolves and their pups will dine well tonight. I think many of our enemies gear and corpses on the front gate will be atom smashed or encased in ice until destroyed. Nothing too good there really, unless you really wanted to melt down ALL their gear.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

I'm... Actually shocked none of us got injured. Hell yes for us! I now have even more faith in our troops than before.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm... Actually shocked none of us got injured. Hell yes for us! I now have even more faith in our troops than before.

And I'm shocked people doubt us. And did I kid when I said you were a bloodthirsty berserker when it comes to battle? Four martial trances in one battle for you Splint; be proud! Thirty four kills for you, thirty six for me. I forgot Chucker, but he killed most of the night wings with you and me as Sarrak destroyed the mounts (which were all named and counted as significant except for a few
Grasshoppers)

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile

Karkov, write this down in our histories; Sarrak now has a kill count of 68 kills. Also, apparently nightwings exploded when they died, leaving small pools of liquid rock or something. I'm shocked no one was hurt by it. The war was bloody and brutal, but we won; all four of us. Soldiers, give yourselves a pat on the back, you earned it for picking that dwarf to become. Especially Sarrak who has become a legend amongst dwarves. I can only hope the children get a kill count like that as they grow up. Splint also went into three maybe four martial trances, proving her eagerness for blood. Chucker actually ran back and used a barrel (because pots and barrels are the same) and beat a grasshopper with it. The wild wolves and their pups will dine well tonight. I think many of our enemies gear and corpses on the front gate will be atom smashed or encased in ice until destroyed. Nothing too good there really, unless you really wanted to melt down ALL their gear.

Hey, if Sarrak passes 78 he'll earn the high-score for kills.  Or it's 73, I can't remember. 

Good job on breaking the siege with no harm or loss, that's a ridiculous accomplishment.  A great day in history to be recorded forever!  Huzzah!

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile

Really, breaking the siege without taking a sweet?  :o

Actually... I'm coming closer to the best of my adventurers with each battle. It is great, but totally unexpected. Training, man. It always pays off... Hope that I will beat the highscore before something will have a chance to chew on me.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Really, breaking the siege without taking a sweet?  :o

Actually... I'm coming closer to the best of my adventurers with each battle. It is great, but totally unexpected. Training, man. It always pays off... Hope that I will beat the highscore before something will have a chance to chew on me.

I think only Jotunn have a chance to hurt us

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

22nd of Opal, 136: The Aftermath
We fought this last battle gloriously, but the cleanup was messy. Limbs and corpses of our enemies were laid before our gates and miasma floods the main hall. The soldiers and I are fine with this thanks to the butcher shop being so close to our new barracks. "Endurance" training it was called, but I see it as "how long can you put up with bullshit". We had to throw our refuse deeper into the fortress in the abandoned mines. I knew there were many but enough limbs littered the hall that many did not show me how much we fought. There were enough limbs for thirty of them. Most of those captured were mounts. If we can tame the bears enough to breed them, then we may be able to have war grizzlies ourselves. However, I do not believe we will see the last of those beings. We must prepare for yet another large scale siege for next time.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Timeless Bob runs up to his patriarch, eyes shining with intensity, utterly serious and excited:
"Father! I got 'n idea!"
"Yes, son?"
"I was throwin' bolts at some flies, to see if I could hit them from far away.  I tried and tried and tried, when suddenly I DID IT!"
"..."
"No, no! The fly WENT AWAY because the bolt was SO BIG!"
"OK?"
"Is there a way to make really big bolts for really big crossbows that can be shot at other flying things like those ones you killed?  I'm only askin' because I really want a wolf for a pet an' they all got mostly killed by those nitwings."

(I wonder how even Jotun fare when shot with a ballista?)
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Timeless Bob runs up to his patriarch, eyes shining with intensity, utterly serious and excited:
"Father! I got 'n idea!"
"Yes, son?"
"I was throwin' bolts at some flies, to see if I could hit them from far away.  I tried and tried and tried, when suddenly I DID IT!"
"..."
"No, no! The fly WENT AWAY because the bolt was SO BIG!"
"OK?"
"Is there a way to make really big bolts for really big crossbows that can be shot at other flying things like those ones you killed?  I'm only askin' because I really want a wolf for a pet an' they all got mostly killed by those nitwings."

(I wonder how even Jotun fare when shot with a ballista?)

Probably stunned at the least, just as my sig says

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

And of course maybe a metal arrowhead will let it break bones.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And of course maybe a metal arrowhead will let it break bones.
If we use steel, we may even actually pierce into its skin

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

12th of Obsidian, 136: Can't Catch a Break

Is there no rest for us!? Sarrak told me of yet another siege. I shook my head and she laughed as she told me these seemed nothing compared to those jackal headed monsters. These were beaked animals that looked like they could hardly harm anyone, let alone us. I told her I wouldn't take any chances. We can't open the gate again this time... Especially not while we're cleaning up the last siege. And these monsters looked exactly as Sarrak described; a wingless bird with strong legs. I knew that we could leave them alone, so we left them be. No glory or death in this; especially not for a small raiding party as this looked like

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 32