Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should Dragonlord The Ancient Bloody Age of Artifice Break the Siege or Remain Sealed?

REMAIN SEALED!
- 0 (0%)
BREAK THE SEIGE!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 04, 2013, 07:40:59 pm

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 32

Author Topic: Bloody Age of Artifice: A Fortress Defense Fort Abandoned by the Mountainhomes  (Read 41006 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

Simple. Dig a tunnel, hook a bunch of bridges up to a single lever, punch a hole in the surface away from tha attackers, and once the Miner is in, start having a lever operator hammer them as they come in.
Or just open both bridges as everyone else is safe locked away somehow with the four as bait at the trade depot. Then as they tunnel In, one brave dwarf pulls the lever on repeat until they're pulped. Any survivors *chuckle* gets cut up by the four warriors
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

THe death tunnel won't require any bait, just access to the fortress proper. THe idiots will pather to where they can't escape and suffer debilitating injuries or be smashed. Of course survivors may be lucky and get through/hang around topside.

I'm wondering why they have bows though, much less how they use them if they have no arms.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

THe death tunnel won't require any bait, just access to the fortress proper. THe idiots will pather to where they can't escape and suffer debilitating injuries or be smashed. Of course survivors may be lucky and get through/hang around topside.

I'm wondering why they have bows though, much less how they use them if they have no arms.
They're grotesque humanoids im guessing with jackal heads and wings. The actual enemy are nightwings

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This good enough?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The top two bridges are connected to top lever, lower with lower
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 06:42:52 pm by highmax28 »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I doubt that'll be enough but do what you feel is right I guess.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As I said, its a fortress wide vote. my vote will only be for tiebreakers. So whats your vote Splint?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If it weren't for the bows I'd say we can easily lay the bastards out. I'd say careful engagement but otherwise staying sealed up.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If it weren't for the bows I'd say we can easily lay the bastards out. I'd say careful engagement but otherwise staying sealed up.
Says the one who dodged a barrage of arrows by themselves!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm terrified of enemy archers because armor seems to be virtually worthless against them. And those were goblins! These things clearly have a love for flinging pointy death from afar. And can fly.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm terrified of enemy archers because armor seems to be virtually worthless against them. And those were goblins! These things clearly have a love for flinging pointy death from afar. And can fly.
They're not going anywhere now, they're all mounted, meaning they can't fly away until they're dismounted or dead... Whichever comes first. I'll post a description if that will help give an image of what they look like.

BTW: 0 votes thus far recorded since poll is down. Just post your vote as Remain Sealed or Break the Siege

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The voting thingy is broken. We can't vote.
I don't know hwo to reset it either :-[

Heres the standard nightwing hammerlord:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well you know my choice. If you think we can win we take them. And those things sound very ugly. Very VERY ugly.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well you know my choice. If you think we can win we take them. And those things sound very ugly. Very VERY ugly.
So... Break siege? Alright, that's 1 vote. Any others? We got 1 hour 20 min before final decision is reached

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hall of death, or hall of cage traps. Actually, the latter would be better. We can train our soldiers that way.

So option 3; make a fuck ton of cage traps in our halls THEN break the siege. Got it

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, with a 2-0 vote, we break the siege! ...With proper preparation of course!

EDIT:
Just counted 41 nightwings and 42 war-animals. That means we got more enemies then traps we can possibly have....

Sarrak, Splint, Chucker, ready your weapons... I smell a glorious and climatic battle before us... They outnumber us by eight to one. We may die, but we will destroy many on them before they wound us!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 09:27:40 pm by highmax28 »

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 32