Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should Dragonlord The Ancient Bloody Age of Artifice Break the Siege or Remain Sealed?

REMAIN SEALED!
- 0 (0%)
BREAK THE SEIGE!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 04, 2013, 07:40:59 pm

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 32

Author Topic: Bloody Age of Artifice: A Fortress Defense Fort Abandoned by the Mountainhomes  (Read 41074 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

3rd of Timber, 135: The first Daughter
Today, my wife told me she had another child. She smiled as she handed me the child and whispered "Its a daughter".

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I held her and smiled. The first daughter of the last of the dwarves. She would have three brothers to look after her. Her destiny will be decided as she sees fit. I don't want to have all my children become hardened warriors; because even the hardest and adamant of warriors have someone to protect their home. I may teacher her archery like her brother, Fishybang. I handed her back to my wife as I went back upstairs for my shift. Sarrak told me what she saw outside and said they were eating some sort of meat. I gave a pale stare.

Highmax: "You know what we have out there, right? Wolves in cages. And they've been in there since the sealing. If the wolves aren't dead, they're breeding. As far as we know, they could be eating wolf pups."

Sarrak made a sickening noise and ran off. I didn't know she was fond of that; especially since wolf pup meat is what we eat on our list of meats (and a good majority of it too).
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile

I take off a day from dorf fort and this is what happens.  A siege, an FB, and TimelessBob recounting stories of a time when kids could be kids and toys still maimed 80% of them.

You've only been forging for a little bit, rest was hauling duty with the bars. As for meat, they're probably eating the wolf pups that get born outside of the caged wolves that are outside

Nooo!  Not the massive amount of wolf pups!  We need those for leather and food!

"I shall be the greatest marksdwarf that ever lived!  Better even then my older brother!  I hope to see the lok on his face when he realizes that i could best him from across the room!"

(Btw, would you mind posting my thoughts, and if you have already just point me toward the page that it is on?)
I don't think I did, or BOmbur's or KArkov's child

You linked mine earlier, I think that's why we decided he'd never be a great warrior, but instead a historian to take after like his dad.  And maybe a marksdwarf in his spare time.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just found out we have a ridiculously large sum of lead... And a large need for bins... And a deficit of wood.... Lead bins anyone? :P

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

15th of Timber, 135: The Siege Ends
Chucker came to me all excited and making nibbling and snipping noises. I told him to clam down and he beckoned me to go with him. I followed him and he pointed at the mall hole in the wall. I looked in it and saw nothing but snow and open field.

Wait a minute... That can't be right.

We're under siege right?

I looked around a bit longer but when I asked chucker if they left he kept nodding his head and happily making nibbling sounds. I grabbed him and told him that we should go tell the expedition leader. And when we did just that, a celebration happened. We survived our first siege. Sarrak and Splint seemed to grumble a little because they didn't kill anything, but they eventually came in on the celebration after. After all, who can resist a good barrel of longland beer and dwarven wine?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

I can talk. I just dont like to.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can talk. I just dont like to.

When you said you were a happy little bunny, I thought you were dead serious, as I thought when I thought you said "Pot Chunker"

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile

Sarrak made a sickening noise and ran off. I didn't know she was fond of that; especially since wolf pup meat is what we eat on our list of meats (and a good majority of it too).
Fertile imagination man, fertile imagination... We, at very least, butcher pups before cooking and eating them. Or... Am I wrong?
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fertile imagination man, fertile imagination... We, at very least, butcher pups before cooking and eating them. Or... Am I wrong?
No, we butcher them. We're not elves who eat the corpses of dwarves and humans without cooking it or anything

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Damned tree-huggers going around and eating everything.  If we had any visiting us I'd say steal all of their wood stuffs for a couple of years in a row until they declared war.  Then we could watch the things that are sieging us currently have a rather fun war with all of the elves that would spawn.  It'd be an interesting war for certain, and we could just clean-up the spoils afterwards.

However this is all a pipe dream because we live in a tundra and elves are nowhere to be found.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Damned tree-huggers going around and eating everything.  If we had any visiting us I'd say steal all of their wood stuffs for a couple of years in a row until they declared war.  Then we could watch the things that are sieging us currently have a rather fun war with all of the elves that would spawn.  It'd be an interesting war for certain, and we could just clean-up the spoils afterwards.

However this is all a pipe dream because we live in a tundra and elves are nowhere to be found.

I'd gladly seize all their gear. In any sort of mythos or lore, I HATE elves. In LOTR they betrayed the dwarves and genocided them, killing their people (over a jewel that was placed on a dwarven artifact that was stolen by an elf and found by dwarves). In here, they're tree Nazis. In Skyrim, the high elves are poncey and snobby bastards intent on destroying humanity, the wood elves are the same as our elves in DF, the dark elves want to kill everything (morrowind if what my ex told me properly) and don't even get me started on the falmer. In Norse, they're like a mix of DF and LOTR elves; they're tree fondling hippies but they're not cannibals and they're rather civil until a dwarf or someone who cuts one of their trees down comes by. Then they rage. In fact, the dwarf-elf war started like cain and abel: the elves brought wood crafts to the Aesir and the dwarves brought jewels and weapons, and they liked the dwarves offering more. Elf got mad and killed the dwarf. Thus began the dwarf-elf wars

But enough of the rant, heres a small update:

3rd of Obsidian, 135: Status reports and Splint's Shield
Splint named her shield today. Something like "The Leopard of Sculptures". Odd name. I also talked with the expedition leader, since she was the bookkeeper, about our metal stores. She told me we have ~30 bars of steel, about ~45 bars of iron, and a crap ton of gold. How much did she mean by that? I asked her and she kinda stumbled on her numbers. Then she said meekly "150 bars approximately. Not including those being made at this moment".

I stood there dumbfounded. How much gold DID the miner find in that vein!? She told me there was still plenty of gold left over for smelting and estimated about 200 by the time we run out of the ones the miner didn't dig out (mostly because she was busy "mingling" at this time). I asked her what are we going to do with 150 bars of gold. She shrugged her shoulders and said she had no idea.

((OOC: I accidentally left the smelters on when I made the statue garden, so we now have a buttload of gold bars. Suggestions to what to do with them? Coins to make a hoard fit for a dragon? Treasures? Furniture? Please specify, as there will NOT be a poll for this))

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

... the dark elves want to kill everything (morrowind if what my ex told me properly) and don't even get me started on the falmer.
"You N'wah!"

I'd have to replay Morrowind again (I planned on it anyway), but all I really remember is that Dark Elves basically owned the continent, loved the Nerevarine for his wonderful prophecy nonsense, and worshipped the crap outta Azura.  That and there was a random plantation that had daedric crap in it.

((OOC: I accidentally left the smelters on when I made the statue garden, so we now have a buttload of gold bars. Suggestions to what to do with them? Coins to make a hoard fit for a dragon? Treasures? Furniture? Please specify, as there will NOT be a poll for this))
You could totally make a grand statue of someone/thing that spanned multiple Z-levels, you could even make it inside the coliseum if you wanted to.  I'm sure the gladiators would think it'd be pretty baller to chase a kobold around the feet of a towering dwarf that looked menacingly at all the opponents.  If you're not up for megaprojects you could always replace every piece of furniture with a duplicate in gold.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

... the dark elves want to kill everything (morrowind if what my ex told me properly) and don't even get me started on the falmer.
"You N'wah!"

I'd have to replay Morrowind again (I planned on it anyway), but all I really remember is that Dark Elves basically owned the continent, loved the Nerevarine for his wonderful prophecy nonsense, and worshipped the crap outta Azura.  That and there was a random plantation that had daedric crap in it.

You could totally make a grand statue of someone/thing that spanned multiple Z-levels, you could even make it inside the coliseum if you wanted to.  I'm sure the gladiators would think it'd be pretty baller to chase a kobold around the feet of a towering dwarf that looked menacingly at all the opponents.  If you're not up for megaprojects you could always replace every piece of furniture with a duplicate in gold.

I think a statue of that size would be bigger then the coliseum. Its pretty small...

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

My vote goes to coins, because why the hell not. Coins, bars, and a general golden hoard....

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile

Well, Karkov is right. Build a statue! Maybe not that tall. And maybe not in coliseum itself, but at its front gates. Also, as we don't (I assume) have traditional sandy terrain in coliseum, lets pave it with gold and wash with blood sometimes.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

A golden meeting room. And by that I man a two level high golden walled golden floored golden seating room of gold, etc.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 32