Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have you read the provided background information?

Yes
A little
No
The what?

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 137

Author Topic: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: Updated!  (Read 167868 times)

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: Screw Writer's Block!
« Reply #1260 on: November 02, 2013, 11:29:04 pm »

((Fractions are faster to understand than trying to interpret me writing them out, which is also faster. What would you reccomend? Also, Gold's AU. Maybe they don't advertise like that in that. Should i stop the emotions thing then if its causing such a fuss.))

They all show the potential of a great artist, with half looking absolutely stunning. The drop in quality was probably due to lack of sleep.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: November 02, 2013, 11:29:45 pm »

I've assessed my own emotions in the past, and in fact, most every week and I've discovered I have absolutely no idea what the hell I'm feeling at any given moment.

I'm completely emotion blind within myself. I can typically identify them post mortem, by which I mean that if I start yelling I realize that I'm probably angry or mildly irritated about a second later.

I don't know if it comes from the aspergers or not but I've learned that if I blame anything on it I get chewed out, so I'll just say that I'm an idiot when it comes to emotions and be done with it.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: November 02, 2013, 11:30:07 pm »

(( Selina is a weak character in the mind.  Having a weak crybaby character is fine as long as she overcomes the weakness, otherwise it gets annoying after a while. I'm hoping it happens sooner rather than later. She has to have a drive other than just plain survival. A destiny she chooses for herself. A reason to be strong. It helps if it's an epic one. Please don't make the reason a love interest. That's kinda lame. As far as an emotional scale goes we are talking about something that really isn't something that can be measured quantitatively unless you compare it to something else as a reference. An example would be. The murderer in the attic would be scarier than a bat but a bat might be scarier than a potato. So maybe Selina might feel the fear equivalent to .26 murderers in the attic for bats and .003 MITA's for a potato. or something. ))
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 11:48:02 pm by Scood »
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: November 02, 2013, 11:47:45 pm »

((It's your choice with regards to how you write your posts Cado.  Derm I'm sorry, I wasn't aware of your condition.  Scood I'm trying to push Selina's to be strong on her own.))

Elena sets the folder aside and checks Selina again.
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: November 02, 2013, 11:54:26 pm »

(( I know.... Which is why I have hope for Selina as a character (kevin couldn't give two shits, and might even end up preffering not!selina to regular selina). Keep doing what you're doing. since you're pretty much the only one that can. ))
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 11:58:45 pm by Scood »
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: November 02, 2013, 11:59:17 pm »

((I'm not going for the love interest anchor plot, but i'm not against Selina and Elena being together, though theres no denying love is part of it.))

Selina seems to be having a happy dream, a small smile on her sleeping face. An improvement perhaps?
[/quote]

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: November 03, 2013, 12:03:46 am »

((It's nigh inevitable on Selina's end. I know her psychology kinda, and I can predict with reasonable accuracy how she'll act. At the moment she's grasping onto Delphinium, out of attachment issues and such. It's not genuine.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: November 03, 2013, 12:06:59 am »

Elena decides to maintain her vigilance.  Where was that medic?  The waiting was making her head hurt.

((G'nite))

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: November 03, 2013, 08:22:31 am »

Selina started to whimper in her sleep after about half an hour maybe? She was also crying and talking as well.

"Mommy... Daddy... i-i-it hurts... its too br-bright... Mommy...? No... wheres Mommy... wheres...
AHHH!" Selina bolts upright, clutching the sheet in fear and breathing heavily. She slowly calmed down on her own though, but was sweating a little.

Emotions: Fear 2/5 Calm 3/5
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: November 03, 2013, 09:07:10 am »

Half the people in this RP logically should not be part of this RP if we're playing a set of PRT heroes, is what I'm getting at. you can't advertise a girl who curls up in the corner. Or a on the fly psychopath. (Reminder: PRT uses heroes like mascots and sells toys and stuff of them.)
I'm sure that Assault and Gully sold a lot of action figures.

Anyways, I have much-delayed homework stuff to do today, so...the much-awaited end of the meeting won't be happening for a while. Hopefully this afternoon; maybe tomorrow.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: Homework Stuff
« Reply #1270 on: November 03, 2013, 09:43:15 am »

Well, yeah. Assault renamed himself and started, you know, being heroish and Gully probably has 'Hulk' like appeal.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: Homework Stuff
« Reply #1271 on: November 03, 2013, 05:28:32 pm »

I'm expecting family to stop by any minute, so I don't have time to type up the turn thingy, but I have time for a little. I didn't even have time to finish this.

Well, yeah. Assault renamed himself and started, you know, being heroish and Gully probably has 'Hulk' like appeal.
1. Assault acted more heroically, but he still came off as more than a bit selfish. We don't see enough of him to see how well-concealed this was to the general public or to the PRT.
2. Gully was pretty well pushed to the side. Which brings me to my next point...
3. Are you seriously claiming that each and every Ward and Protectorate member was cashed in on as a major source of income? Heck, Marvel and DC have tons of characters that almost no one except major geeks have heard of, and those characters have no purpose other than selling comics and stuff! This comparison to RL comic book characters brings me to another point...
4. Who are some of the best-known Marvel characters at the moment? Deadpool (an amoral, insane mercenary), Wolverine before that (among the darkest of X-Men), the Hood is gaining in popularity and he's a full-on supervillain. Who is the second-most-known superhero on the planet? Batman, and I suspect that if Superman wasn't the earliest well-known superhero Batman would be #1. Batman is also pretty much the darkest major hero in the DCU. People like antiheroes, especially tragic ones. Once Selina gets a little fame, I'm betting she'll get fans. A shy mysterious girl who can't control her inner rage...actually, she sounds a bit like Wolverine from that angle.

I need to catch up, but my paper has been done for a while so the turn should be up tonight. Screw that, the turn will be up tonight, I promise.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
Re: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: Homework Stuff Complete!
« Reply #1272 on: November 03, 2013, 06:08:41 pm »

((Looking at #4, think about
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Could you imagine how popular he would be?))

Elena stands at Selina's scream.  The dream had happened much too quickly for her to have been able to intervene, but fresh dreams could provide informative material.  She knelt beside the girl's couch, "I'm sorry, the dream was too fast.  I hate to do this, but do you mind if I ask what you saw? What she showed you?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: Homework Stuff Complete!
« Reply #1273 on: November 03, 2013, 06:11:45 pm »

((True, true. Although people would probably be eagerly awaiting the fight he lost, just like people liked the arc where Superman died.
He got better.))
Sig

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: November 03, 2013, 06:12:57 pm »

((An unfortunate aspect of being supposedly unbeatable.))
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 137