Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have you read the provided background information?

Yes
A little
No
The what?

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 137

Author Topic: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: Updated!  (Read 167967 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (Indeterminate Worm-Inspired Superhero(?) Game):Characters nearly done!
« Reply #990 on: October 31, 2013, 08:10:40 am »

I'm going to say the protectorate stay in contact with him but he's more or less on his own and under the radar because the trail is cold.
((This is what confused me w/ regards to his associations.))
((...I've had a lot on my mind lately.))

Kevin considers. There's a meeting at the PRT HQ about the Bones; maybe he should go?

((Which reminds me of another category...independent heroes. Better get to work...))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: Screw Writer's Block!
« Reply #991 on: October 31, 2013, 08:12:15 am »

"Um... wh-wh-what d-do we do now...?" Selina wasn't quite sure... then looked at a strand of hair in her face.

"Er... um... i-i-is th-there a... um... sh-sh-shower I can u-use...?"
Selina realizes she never actually did shower, and hadn't for 50 days.

Emotions: Embarrassed 2/8 Nervousness 3/8 Affection 2/8 Happy 1/8
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: October 31, 2013, 08:19:05 am »

"Hrm. Soon, soon! Hannah, hand me the decombobulator!"

Changing the world one tool at a time!"
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: October 31, 2013, 08:36:17 am »

Immensely bored with his surroundings steven takes stock of his environment once more in an effort to find some weakness in his prison or at least a way to obscure the cameras field of vision that didnt involve standing perfectly still with his hand over the lens.

((I think i have a way to get out but i need a highly detailed description of my cell.
For example, where the camera is located, what is covered by forcefields and what isnt, what objects intersect the forcefield and how large they are, how thick is my bed, how big is the pipe in the wall, does turning the shower on have any noticeable effect on the forcefield etc.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: October 31, 2013, 10:15:02 am »

((when did Kevin hear about this? yesterday before he did his laundry, after he went home from the hospital, or during his hospital visit?))
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: October 31, 2013, 10:15:38 am »

Immensely bored with his surroundings steven takes stock of his environment once more in an effort to find some weakness in his prison or at least a way to obscure the cameras field of vision that didnt involve standing perfectly still with his hand over the lens.

((I think i have a way to get out but i need a highly detailed description of my cell.
For example, where the camera is located, what is covered by forcefields and what isnt, what objects intersect the forcefield and how large they are, how thick is my bed, how big is the pipe in the wall, does turning the shower on have any noticeable effect on the forcefield etc.))
((One detailed description coming up.))
Steven doesn't actually see any cameras. Maybe they're there and well-concealed, maybe they're absent.
The cell looks at its heart like it was once as normal a cell as the PRT got. However, later, it was stripped of all furniture and such and had a bunch of probably-Tinker-made disks installed. Let's see...the cell is a bit over two meters square, and maybe 2.5 high. There is a disk in each corner of the cell, propped at a diagonal, with three more along each horizontal edge and four more along each vertical edge. There are...nine more on the floor in a neat grid pattern, and um...a dozen on each wall. Steven stares at the force fields a while, and notices something: Right above the force field generators, the force field is a bit more transparent. Investigating this matter further, Steven guesstimates that each force field generator is...generating a force field out to about 75 centimeters, sometimes varying from 70 to 80. Once in a while, a little hole appears right in the hole between four, but this does not happen much. What an interesting...thing.
Focusing on the furnishings, Steven determines that the bed is surprisingly normal. Pretty much just...a bed. Not a very good bed, but a bed. Metal frame, cheap mattress, pillow, blanket. As for the pipe complex...the PVC pipe itself is about twenty or thirty centimeters across, enough that Steven could probably stick a limb down there if he wanted to screw up his plumbing. Maybe if he contorted himself enough, he could squeeze all of himself through...
No shower exists, but a sink and toilet does. Maybe they shower outside the cell or something? Makes sense, they don't have towels in here. Pouring water on the force field makes a pool of water.

Steven considers his escape options. The wall with a window in it has wider spacing around the window; maybe he could break through in a lucky moment? The pipe would be a more likely option...likelier still is that that hero coming down the hallway will help you out.
"Hey. Steven, that's your name? Is everything alright?"

((when did Kevin hear about this? yesterday before he did his laundry, after he went home from the hospital, or during his hospital visit?))
((Um...probably after getting home and checking his e-mail or voice mail or something.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: October 31, 2013, 10:22:23 am »

Selina realizes she never actually did shower, and hadn't for 50 days.

((I had been sort of wondering about that, I would've thought that showering would have been one of the first things that the PRT did to her, after incapacitating her and removing the poisonous bullet from her arm.))

"Oh, of course." Elena couldn't believe that she had forgotten about that, "It's right down the hall, Sliver and Scatterstep tend to leave their stuff in there, and I don't think that they'll mind too much if you borrow some." 
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

Scood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: October 31, 2013, 11:05:36 am »

Kevin goes home and takes a shower, organizes his clothes, and then goes out to check his e-mail specifically meant for parahuman matters at an internet cafe. He was invited to go to a meeting concerning the bones gang by the prt.

He went back home to split open a prepared bag of blood so he didn't have to slit himself anywhere and put on his costume. He made a mental note to get an actual mask instead of using his blades as mask. The thing was that anything that he could think of that effectively covered his identity made him look like a criminal. He put the thought aside for later and decided to head toward the meeting.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 11:09:12 am by Scood »
...............___@@@__                  

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: October 31, 2013, 11:19:17 am »

Kevin arrives at the PRT headquarters the better part of an hour early.

((Does he have a codename? You know, a name he calls himself when in costume?))
Sig

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: October 31, 2013, 11:24:09 am »

Selina wonders if they have enough time to see the psychologist, but isn't sure how to ask without seeming more unhinged than she already seemed...
[/quote]

Scood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: October 31, 2013, 11:32:32 am »

((He's just called whatever people call him, he doesn't really care. Probably something related to blood magic..... Thalsian seems cool.))
...............___@@@__                  

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: October 31, 2013, 11:34:49 am »

((Works.))
Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: October 31, 2013, 11:36:20 am »

"You mean aside from the fact that im a dangerous freak without a sense of touch that cannot be allowed to interact anything not encased in a tiny bunch of forcefields right?" says steven sarcastically before taking a seat in the centre of the room and watching for an opportunity to stick his arm through one of the intermittent gaps in the forcefield.

"I take it there is a reason you have come to visit me, would you be so kind as to enlighten me while i attempt to steal a shiny little fish through one of the holes in your net?"
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: October 31, 2013, 11:41:35 am »

((The holes aren't that big. They're only a few centimeters (~1-2 inches) across at most, and don't last that long. Steven's reflexes and/or nerves haven't been good enough to test what happens when the holes closes, should something be in it. Sorry for making that unclear.))

"Hm?" He stares at the walls. "Ah, those. Don't fret, no one's escaped through those yet. Partly because we have another cell for those who possess both enhanced speed and reflexes and the ability to squeeze through small holes. Not here, but we have a place." He leans against the wall, trying to look casual. "Any unmet needs or something? We've been a bit busy, something might have been overlooked."
Sig

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: October 31, 2013, 11:51:40 am »

Selina follows Delphinium to the showers, hoping they were private...
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 11:56:14 am by RangerCado »
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 137