Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have you read the provided background information?

Yes
A little
No
The what?

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 137

Author Topic: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: Updated!  (Read 168218 times)

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile

((Did she just hear that or did she just come to a similar conclusion?  I'm currently talking into their earpieces from behind a wall.))
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Came to the conclusion. When Selina has hope of something good happening, the other side gets mad and gives her a lot of bad dreams, and/or the suicidal thoughts I've posted previously.))
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile

Tell you what, if you start respecting my basic legal rights ill answer all your questions without trying to make you angry, ypu can start with my chair.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP : Starting!
« Reply #648 on: October 19, 2013, 06:34:14 pm »

Selina nods, trying to calm down a little. Could she really be helped? Saved?
[i[]color=gray]"Good. Now, then, let's begin. I heard that your...plight began when you were tortured. Are you willing to talk about when you were tortured?"

Unless I'm interrupted, get back to the lab and take a gander at those forms the director gave me.
No interruptions.
The forms seemed pretty dull. About two-thirds of the papers were actually pamphlets informing you of the duties, responsibilities, and so forth of being a member of the Protectorate, as well as assorted relevant laws; about a third of the remainder were making sure you had actually read the pamphlets. The last quarter of the papers were assorted liability forms, waivers, and more mundane forms to fill out. Tabitha flipped through the first pamphlet, learning essentially nothing.

"Not really, sorry for wasting your time officer"
"It wasn't a waste. Besides, you helped us learn a bit about one of the perps."

Tell you what, if you start respecting my basic legal rights ill answer all your questions without trying to make you angry, ypu can start with my chair.
"You could just phase through the chair and the floor. We're required to make sure you can't escape. If you want to claim that a chair is more than a minor right, take it up in court. Until then, you're being contained. Still, if you give me a bit, I'll see what I can do about getting you a chair."
He gets up and places a metallic plate over Steven, then places a chair on the plate, and finally sets five poles into the plate. He presses a button, and a force field leaps around the five poles and under them. Piasa dismisses the force fields, causing Steven to fall into the chair.
"There we go. Now then, last chance to say something before you're moved to your cell."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Welp, best at least skim through all of them. It's gotta be done.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Selina gives a brief overview about how she had been adopted, the car crash, the kidnapping... and then the week or so of torture... She starts to cry again, thinking of the many scars on her arms, and the new one no doubt joining the rest from her other side.
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Welp, best at least skim through all of them. It's gotta be done.
Tabitha reads the pamphlets. She even learns a few new things. The quizzes (not what they're called, but they're basically that) are pretty easily finished.

Selina gives a brief overview about how she had been adopted, the car crash, the kidnapping... and then the week or so of torture... She starts to cry again, thinking of the many scars on her arms, and the new one no doubt joining the rest from her other side.
[8v10][19-4] [3v20][15-1] [9v11][12]
Selina, emotionally and mentally exhausted from the day, briefly lost control three times; however, Delphinium quickly returned control to Selina.
"...That is absolutely horrible. I'm almost surprised that you didn't trigger two or three times. Well...I suppose I've come up with a solution, but first...is there anything else you want to say? Get something off your chest?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"D-d-don't let her out... pl-please don't..." Selina looks incredibly tired, her clothes stained with blood, and she hadn't had a decent wash in almost 2 months...
[/quote]

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile

"If you wanted to stop me leaving all you had to do was run a forcefield across the floor, you didnt need to remove tge furniture."

"What do you wish to know?"
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"D-d-don't let her out... pl-please don't..." Selina looks incredibly tired, her clothes stained with blood, and she hadn't had a decent wash in almost 2 months...
"It's alright, I don't want her to get out any more than you do! I have a couple of measures that could prevent that, in fact. One you might have noticed; the other is right here."
He shrugs a sleeve back and places his right hand on Selina's shoulder. She can see several outlines of snakes tattooed on his arm. One little one wrapped around a few of his fingers stretched off of there, becoming a lavender snake with scattered blue scales, very slender but perhaps a dozen centimeters long. It wrapped itself around Selina's neck.
"If you lose control for very long, this little guy will detect it and bite. It won't feel like more than a couple simultaneous mosquito bites, if that, and the venom will knock you unconscious. To prevent it from getting to that, we have a young heroine who can help bolster your mind and weaken the other. Finally, I would suggest keeping a hero capable of subduing you nearby at all times--perhaps Bullhit or String, although I believe I could also manage. And, of course, this is assuming the approval of the higher-ups."
"And what is the end goal here?"
"Ideally, a probationary period on the Wards. Selina--"
"--killed two PRT officers."
"That was not Selina. And capes have been allowed a probationary period for worse. Perhaps we should bring in Phantasm, ask her what her final tally was?"
"Like we could have imprisoned her. Besides, her power is far more versatile. Selina's is only useful for killing."
"Don't be absurd. In any case, Selina needs support. Can you really live with yourself if you let this poor girl go insane in some hole? I know I can't. And I promise that if this does fail, I will take full responsibility."
"...Fine. I'll contact the Director, see if he agrees. And get Delphinium in here, make sure she's fine with it, too. If this goes through, she's going to be with Selina 24/7. And while you're at it, get another of those little snakes on Selina. Maybe a wrist."
"Thank you, sir." Slither stands, removes a smaller, pink-and-yellow snake from his left hand, and walks around to place the snake on Selina's arm. "I'll get Delphinium, you get the Director."
Argonaut nods. He leaves, followed by Slither, who goes and gets Delphinium.

"If you wanted to stop me leaving all you had to do was run a forcefield across the floor, you didnt need to remove tge furniture."

"What do you wish to know?"

"This is for your benefit, not ours. Anything we need to know, we can get from a formal interrogation or during the trial."
Steven is moved to a smallish cell, much like a normal one except lined with force fields covering the floors, walls, and little disks that seem to be generating the force fields. There is a bed in the cell, and a thick PVC pipe sticks out of one corner, with pipes leading to a sink and a toilet sticking out of it.
Sig

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Selina flinches slightly when the first snake comes out, but looks relieved and hopeful as the two depart. She was going to get help... she wasn't going to die! And she might even be able to save people to! ...But what if she lost control and couldn't be stopped in time? What if... no... stop... your not ruining this TOO! Selina shakes against the chains angrily for a second before calming down. She was safe, and had help... this could work... it would work... it had to...
[/quote]

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

"Can you let me know if I can do anything else? Or what finally hapens to the girl?,"

If yes Matthew gives the officer his number
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Papahwahk
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile

If Kevins eyes could bore holes in the ceiling, they would.
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Can you let me know if I can do anything else? Or what finally hapens to the girl?,"

If yes Matthew gives the officer his number
"...I suppose so, yes."
He gives his phone number.
"Have a good day, sir."

Papahwahk
The paperwork is complete. Now you need to wait for the Director to have time to contact his superiors and stuff like that.

If Kevins eyes could bore holes in the ceiling, they would.
Kevin works on developing  secondary power. He fails.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 137