Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have you read the provided background information?

Yes
A little
No
The what?

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 137

Author Topic: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: Updated!  (Read 168242 times)

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
Re: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP : Starting!
« Reply #600 on: October 18, 2013, 04:39:44 pm »

Elena notes in her report that the girl appeared to posess two minds within her body, one of which was significantly more aggressive than the other. She also states that she failed to check the girl's emotions initially and that she was unable to keep the girl under control. She admits to calming the rock guy down, but she also admits that it is something she should have done sooner. After thinking about it, she also adds that his motivations seemed to be led by the protection of the girl.

((I should probably know my teammates actual names.))
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: October 18, 2013, 06:55:04 pm »

Turning his head to stare directly into his interrogators eyes and speaks one sentence as if it explained everything.
"you were all assaulting her, it made me angry."
With their question answered he turns away and pokes at the forcefield to see if he could feel it.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: October 18, 2013, 10:14:23 pm »

((bump and those chains on Selina are not helping her mental state right now...))
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: October 18, 2013, 10:15:27 pm »

"Not... r-r-r-r-real... j-j-j-just a voice at first... th-th-th-then sh-she took over... sh-sh-she k-k-k-killed the bullies... b-b-b-b-but I j-just wanted to run... I... I d-d-d-didn't want to...!" Selina cries out and starts to cry.
"...This is unusual."
"Not sure you could have said anything more obvious."
Argonaut removes his phone and begins typing on it.
"...So, um, have you seen any good movies recently?"
Selina gets the vague feeling that Argonaut is rolling his eyes within his helmet.
[16v19]
Not-Selina takes over.

"Well, the thing is, a lot of people die before they even get to a hospital. I've done what I can as far as 'healing for everyone' goes. Two out of three is as above one as one is to zero. I know I can't save everyone. But I have to try, or whats the point of doing anything at all?"

She smirked. "And as far as 'not dying' goes, you'll find that I'm one of the best there is." With that she stood up and walked out the door.

To the infirmary and such!
"That's the spirit!"
Tabitha heads to the infirmary. It is surprisingly empty, all things considered. Just three on-duty nurses, two PRT officers, and one ward. That Tinker kid, Blastie or something. He looks for civilians; at the moment, there is only one. Tabitha heads to him, noticing that he has dried blood on his arms.

Matthew finishes up his lunch, and when he hears about the fight on the news, his sister describes the participants.   if he had been holding a glass it would be broken on the ground.

"That's the girl I met at the park ... I have to go for another walk"

Matthew heads off to the site of the battle, looking for Selina
When he gets to the PRT headquarters, he sees a number of people in various uniforms walking about. Several of them are PRT officers, but some normal police officers, a number of construction workers, and even three people in civilian clothes with some complex-looking equipment. Two of the PRT officers approach.
"What do you want? Visiting hours have been canceled until further notice."

Kevin smirked
"Indeed"
He looked at the waiver
"How should I sign this?"

((also GWG you forgot the blades in the power list of kevins CS))
"Here, have a pen." The nurse hands you a pen.
You notice a tall, red-headed woman heading towards you.
((Noted.))

Elena notes in her report that the girl appeared to posess two minds within her body, one of which was significantly more aggressive than the other. She also states that she failed to check the girl's emotions initially and that she was unable to keep the girl under control. She admits to calming the rock guy down, but she also admits that it is something she should have done sooner. After thinking about it, she also adds that his motivations seemed to be led by the protection of the girl.
((I should probably know my teammates actual names.))
((I was thinking about that earlier today. It's something I'll add in tonight's series of minor edits.))
Slither's phone beeps. He glances at it, and asks to see your report.
"I've found that I can typically trust your judgement on these kinds of matters."

Turning his head to stare directly into his interrogators eyes and speaks one sentence as if it explained everything.
"you were all assaulting her, it made me angry."
With their question answered he turns away and pokes at the forcefield to see if he could feel it.
"...I see. And did you fail to notice that she started it?"

((bump and those chains on Selina are not helping her mental state right now...))
((You ninja'd me. And a chance to play games with RL friends popped up. I was 1/3 in Uno and won Ticket to Ride.
No offense, guys, but I could have finished this post any time.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: October 18, 2013, 10:19:09 pm »

((Sorry :( ))

Not!Selina smirks and looks at the chains, trying to find any sharp points along the chains on the inside.

"You fools really think you can control me? Its pathetic. Poor little Selina all alone for me to torment her, and you stuck her in chains that quite frankly, at just adding to my ability to take over and slowly destroy her little mind."
She grins wickedly at them.
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: October 18, 2013, 10:32:59 pm »

"...Damn. I wish I had some of that lie-detection software that the folks down on the East Coast developed, but I'm pretty sure--"
"Hey, I heard some interesting stuff about Selina from Delphinium. She has--"
"--two personalities. Yes, I know."
"More like two minds, from what I heard, but yes. Seems like quite a task, but I'm willing to do my best."

Slither approaches Selina, in the robe he wears as a costume*. Hello, Selina. I am Slither. I'd say I'm a trained psychiatrist, but it's bad form to start with a lie. The truth, however, is that I have been acting as the de facto psychiatrist for the Protectorate when a trained one wasn't available, as well as taking the edge off of major problems. Whatever issues you've been going through, I've seen worse and stranger. So tell me: Is there anything I could do to make you feel better? Aside from removing your bindings, of course. Perhaps a beverage?"

*I usually assume that you glance at the character's description in the OP when I mention them, but then I remembered that derm's biggest complaint was a lack of detail. I'll try to do that more.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: October 18, 2013, 10:36:39 pm »

"Your not talking to Selina buddy, and yes, I would love to have these bindings removed so I could tear you apart and add another scar to my arms from that lovely lady who broke that poor 11 year old so badly." She laughs sickeningly.
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: October 18, 2013, 10:56:31 pm »

Slither blinks.
"Hm, should have known. Well, as noted, I can't remove the bindings. Anyways, I don't suppose I could talk to the other Selina?"
[3v11]
Not likely.

((And gotta sleep.))
Sig

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: October 18, 2013, 10:58:25 pm »

"And why should I let her out? Shes weak, stupid, and the only thing shes done right so far has been lasting 49 **** days without dying!" She spits at Slither in disgust.
[/quote]

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: October 18, 2013, 11:08:56 pm »

Kevin took the pen. Was just about to sign when he heard footsteps.

He paused and took the time to notice a new face walking towards him.

"Who am I about to meet?" He half asks the nurse
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 12:17:00 am by Scood »
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: October 18, 2013, 11:51:14 pm »

"I was not there for the start of the fight..."

Free of the calming effect from Delphiniums power Steven is suddenly overcome with irritation.

"...are you seriously using "she started it" to justify grown men assaulting a child?
Get out of my sight and make sure your next interrogator is more mature than a F***ing preschooler."

With his piece spoken Steven turns his back on the tinker in disgust and begins experimenting with his power seeing if he can phase the tip of his finger into the palm of his hand.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: October 19, 2013, 08:47:57 am »

"And why should I let her out? Shes weak, stupid, and the only thing shes done right so far has been lasting 49 **** days without dying!" She spits at Slither in disgust.
[glow=green2,300]"Tell me, what would Selina have to do to--"
"Are you seriously trying to discuss this with Selina?"
"It's not Selina."
"Alright. Are you seriously trying to discuss this with Not-Selina?"
[colot=gray]"She can't be harder to reason with than Puca."
"Are you counting that as a success?"
"Would you mind being quiet? I need to focus."
[20v18]
Selina gets ahold of herself once more.

"I was not there for the start of the fight..."

Free of the calming effect from Delphiniums power Steven is suddenly overcome with irritation.

"...are you seriously using "she started it" to justify grown men assaulting a child?
Get out of my sight and make sure your next interrogator is more mature than a F***ing preschooler."

With his piece spoken Steven turns his back on the tinker in disgust and begins experimenting with his power seeing if he can phase the tip of his finger into the palm of his hand.
No, he cannot.
"When murder is involved, 'she started it' is an excellent justification. Did you know that this 'child' killed two PRT officers and grievously wounded a bystander? Who happened to be the man who brought her here?"
Sig

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: October 19, 2013, 09:47:28 am »

Kevin took the pen. Was just about to sign when he heard footsteps.

He paused and took the time to notice a new face walking towards him.

"Who am I about to meet?" He half asks the nurse

((You could try to proofread, you know.))

"Hello." Tabitha said as she walked up to the bed. "I am Dr. Kataiser. What are the extent of your injuries?" she said as she looked the man over.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 09:58:38 am by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: October 19, 2013, 09:56:39 am »

(Who are you talking to?)

"I am is Dr. Kataiser..."
Sig

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: October 19, 2013, 09:59:24 am »

((But I am totally is Dr. Kataiser.

Also, really? I quoted the damn guy. You told me I was heading for him. Remember things dammit.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 10:21:21 am by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 137