Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have you read the provided background information?

Yes
A little
No
The what?

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 137

Author Topic: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: Updated!  (Read 168268 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP : Starting!
« Reply #450 on: October 14, 2013, 08:34:52 am »

((True that. It just seems that the inevitability of the Undersiders winning is kinda like the teams of heroes on cartoons - you can count on them to pull through because they're the protagonists. This ... I dunno, it clashes with the setting of Worm, which is clearly shown to be grimdark as all hell and morally ambiguous up the wazoo.
It just feels iffy.))
((Are Pyrrhic victories really successes?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 14, 2013, 08:40:30 am »

((True that. It just seems that the inevitability of the Undersiders winning is kinda like the teams of heroes on cartoons - you can count on them to pull through because they're the protagonists. This ... I dunno, it clashes with the setting of Worm, which is clearly shown to be grimdark as all hell and morally ambiguous up the wazoo.
It just feels iffy.))
((Are Pyrrhic victories really successes?))
((In the emotional impact on the reader, yes. As far as I've read (18.1 so far) we haven't ever really seen Taylor beaten in a conflict. Admittedly she is very badass, but too much of her winning over and over again kinda turns the question of when she's in a fight from 'is she going to win' to 'how's she going to win'. It kinda takes the suspense away, even when
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
because I know that no matter how bad the situation gets, no matter how injured she gets in the process, she will win, the antagonist will get killed/defeated/driven off. I don't like that sense of certainty.
But I'm clogging up the thread with derp here, so I'll stop.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 14, 2013, 01:09:57 pm »

((Let me ask you: Did anyone not know how the Star Wars original trilogy was going to end?
Was this certainty what anyone complained about?))

((Okay, bad example, but seriously, there are hundreds if not thousands of examples of stories where you know the outcome from the start, or serials where you quickly learn how things will pan out. Look at The A-Team; it was formulaic, yet people still think fondly of it. Heck, look at Romeo and Juliet--Shakespeare tells you right from the beginning how it's going to end, yet it's considered one of the great plays in all history.))

((My point is, just knowing the protagonist is going to "win" in some sense or another doesn't have to kill your excitement.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 14, 2013, 01:35:28 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((also is the speedster track outside the building like an open air field or inside the building?))
((You didn't answer this GWG, and yes, Canada uses Metric for almost everything except explaining how imperial works. Also, only ever remembered 1 thing about imperial, n inch equals 2.54 centimeters.))
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 14, 2013, 02:56:21 pm »

((To be fair, he edited his post, so I never saw that.
Um...I had imagined the demonstration room she was in being indoors, since it would need to be used for a wide variety of things.

And thanks for the data, Cado. I'll go fix that.))
Sig

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 14, 2013, 03:01:58 pm »

((Makes sense. Well, lets start this part of the arc then :) ))

On the way to the PRT HQ, Selina looked to be in less and less pain, while getting more and more agitated. Her hands clenched and unclenched the longer they were in the truck, and Selina was almost looking... hostile towards Kevin. When they arrived, Selina didn't seem to be in any pain anymore, but rather looked incredibly mad, and getting madder. Glaring at Kevin.

"Took you long enough." She muttered angrily, her earlier fear seeming to be gone...
[/quote]

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 14, 2013, 03:31:29 pm »

Tabitha looks pleased at this. "Which brings me to my request, director. I'd like to request to join the Protectorate in a more... public light, so to speak. Mask and all."
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #457 on: October 14, 2013, 04:31:05 pm »

[12]
[18+2v14]
The companion is taken down in one blow.
[5-2v16]
Gardener grows a simple, if somewhat sharp, sapling out of a wall, but Steven is too fast.
[18+3v6]
He drops Gardener with a single blow as well.
((So , what does take down mean, exactly? Where did he hit them and how hard? Did he simply knock them on their backs? Did he knock them unconscious? Did he cut off their legs? Did he hit them so hard or wounded them so badly that he stunned them? Did he brutally murder them? How did he managed to bypass that friend effect that guy generates without meeting any resistance?))
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 04:33:41 pm by Parisbre56 »

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 14, 2013, 04:34:48 pm »

He didn't know enough about the girl to know if this was how she usually acted.

"Don't get pissy with me, missy. Direct it somewhere else, or tell me what your on about so it won't impact us later." The sudden change of Sarah's speech mannerisms were a bit jarring. It didn't help that she was boaring wholes into him with her eyes. His left arm was resting on the steering wheel lazily and his body was turned toward her. The runes were slithering across his exposed skin.

The drunk was in the back sleeping.

Kevin shut off the car and the engine made clicks as the metal cooled.
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 14, 2013, 04:39:06 pm »

Selina just glared at him, looking quite mad and tense, this was very unlike what she had been earlier. She began slamming her fist on the entrance door, looking quite agitated.

((For GWG who is probably scratching his head right now, one more post))
[/quote]

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 14, 2013, 04:47:22 pm »

Kevin just received more death glares from the girl and was starting to get a bit irritated when she slammed her fist into the entrance door. if it was the poison effecting her mind, It just made it that much more important to get to a healer. He couldn't help but pattern match the scenario. He got a little bit angrier.
((im kind of scratching my head too hehe))

Editted: because I hated the unedited post.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 05:07:01 pm by Scood »
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 14, 2013, 07:09:10 pm »

[12]
[18+2v14]
The companion is taken down in one blow.
[5-2v16]
Gardener grows a simple, if somewhat sharp, sapling out of a wall, but Steven is too fast.
[18+3v6]
He drops Gardener with a single blow as well.
((So , what does take down mean, exactly? Where did he hit them and how hard? Did he simply knock them on their backs? Did he knock them unconscious? Did he cut off their legs? Did he hit them so hard or wounded them so badly that he stunned them? Did he brutally murder them? How did he managed to bypass that friend effect that guy generates without meeting any resistance?))
((I turned my right firearm into a shortsword and impaled them on it, im gonna say they were brutally murdered.
And i was fighting gardener and her friend, not gardener and friend.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 14, 2013, 08:02:21 pm »

((...So whos going to control whoever answers the random slamming on the Protecterate offices?))
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 14, 2013, 08:29:57 pm »

Tabitha looks pleased at this. "Which brings me to my request, director. I'd like to request to join the Protectorate in a more... public light, so to speak. Mask and all."
"Hm...interesting. Well, especially given that this would involve putting you and all the supplies you offer to the Protectorate at large at risk, I can't okay that on my own...but I think we can make an arrangement. Do I have any appointments later today?"
"Yes. One-thirty to two-thirty, three o'clock to--"
"Let me rephrase the question. Do I have any free time left in the work day that I could spend working this out?"
"Afraid not, especially given that you'd need to contact other--"
"Alright, I get it...Tabitha, I'll tell you what. I'll have my assistant give you some paperwork you'd need to fill out, and I'll see if I can get this sorted out by the

A uniformed PRT officer opens the door.
"Yes? The door is open, you know."
((Visiting hours are still open. I'm almost certain that that is a horribly mangled sentence.))

((They're either unconscious or faking it. As to the latter...dang, there probably should have been a penalty to that roll or something. Ah well. I need figure out the exact mechanics of these kinds of powers...))
((I turned my right firearm into a shortsword and impaled them on it, im gonna say they were brutally murdered.
And i was fighting gardener and her friend, not gardener and friend.))
((Forearm, and I think I should explain how I've reconciled your image of your power with mine.
Basically, you can sort of shift your body into the ground. You leave much of the actual matter behind afterwards, picking up the material you're phasing through. You mostly retain your shape; however, by (say) sticking your arm partway out, then retracting it partway and leaving the arm*, then taking the whole thing with you, you can basically get growths.
*Oh yeah, he can stick a limb or head or something out of the ground, then retract it. In principle, if he was sitting down he could probably leave a whole "statue" behind him.
So, basically, you have a roughly sword-shaped growth of stone on your arm. It's not terrible sharp, but it's not a club...it's about as sharp as you can expect a crude stone sword to be, at least.))
((And it was actually Friend.))

((...So whos going to control whoever answers the random slamming on the Protecterate offices?))
((Sorry. Sometimes, RL takes me away from B12. Work and an exam can extend that pretty long.))
Sig

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 14, 2013, 08:32:24 pm »

((No problem))

"Shot and possibly poisoned by parahuman so can we get healed?"
Selina looks very annoyed. Theres a small trail of blood coming off of her shoe now.
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 137