Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have you read the provided background information?

Yes
A little
No
The what?

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 137

Author Topic: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: Updated!  (Read 167995 times)

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
Re: (Indeterminate Worm-Inspired Superhero(?) Game):Characters nearly done!
« Reply #165 on: September 27, 2013, 09:56:26 am »

Huzzah!!!

Now to Wikipedia Toronto, as I know nothing about it.
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 27, 2013, 10:01:09 am »

Which is definitely not something I'm doing.

Hopefully, by tonight I will have a rough outline of the big heroes of the PRT and the Guild, plus some of the big figures around Toronto, plus the Endbringer stand-ins.

I'm figuring that, considering that Toronto is about 6-7 times bigger than Brockton Bay, but the Bay is clearly noted as a hotspot of parahumans, I'll just set half a dozen to a dozen assorted heroic teams, a bit over a dozen independent heroes, and a couple dozen villainous organizations (with an unstated number of solo villains).
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 27, 2013, 10:01:39 am »

Neither do I, and I'm Canadian! Only thing I do know is the apartments are crazy expensive.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 27, 2013, 10:02:28 am »

A trait it shares with most large North American cities.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 27, 2013, 10:11:47 am »

Unfortunately so.
[/quote]

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 27, 2013, 11:06:46 am »

Looking at the Toronto Wikipedia page in terms of things to destroy yields an excess of colleges, hospitals and very tall buildings.  City hall and the CN tower are just begging to have something happen to them.

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 27, 2013, 12:20:49 pm »

((I still need to answer the other 3 questions. I just wanted to put this up as soon as possible.))

Kevin shook his head as he looked up from the intricate designs on his skin. He was torn between helping his sister and going after the villain. His hands were shaking as he struggled to grasp what had just happened. He looked back at his sister. On her knees with her torso facing the ceiling and slightly to the left while her head was lying on the blood soaked carpet. An unwanted thought crossed his head. His eyes widened.

“no”  he said and rushed to her side and attempted to get her legs out into a less awkward position. It was surreal, his brain didn’t accept the sensory information from his eyes.

no, she’s still alive. she has to be.

He placed his hand and applied pressure on her open wounds and stopped the bleeding. Her cellphone was 5 feet away. Her gun shaped gift thrown across the room. He wondered which one she grabbed for first.

“Talk to me, sis” he paused “Sarah, I’m... going to call for help, try not to move.”

He lifted his hands from the largest wounds and reached for the cellphone. His knees caused blood to bubble up from the floor creating a soup where it met bits of torn flesh.He was surprised when an emergency number was already dialed. No one was speaking on the other end.

“Please” his voice was wavering “ At this rate she’ll die.”  after a few tense moments the other end responded.

“PRT and Heroes are already enroute.”

lies! they should have been here by now. he didn’t say anything.

He looked at Sarah’s body with her phone pressed against his ear. The blood had clot where he placed his hands to stop the bleeding. There was nothing else he could do with the phone. he walked to her collapsed on his knees and dropped the phone. Tried to close more wounds. Tried to call on his power to heal her. Nothing happened.

“Hey... sis, I was gonna wait to tell you this later but I’ve been saving up money. Doing odd jobs in my spare time.”

He wiped a tear from his eye. His mind was still struggling to understand the situation.What was happening to him. Why was it happening to him. 

“It took a while but I wanted to get you something special. For being there for me during the hard times.”

His father disappeared, His mother went insane, his best friend moved away. now this
His mind filled in the gaps even if it didn’t make much sense.

they had to be connected. There was no way all this happened just by coincidence. he made up a story in his head. How maybe dad got involved with the wrong people made deals that he couldn’t follow through on, and then left the rest of us to reap the consequences. It was all Dad’s fault.

“and…”he sobbed ”and…”

He couldn’t bring himself to continue. It was all futile. He knelt over her body in mourning.

sirens began sounding shortly before he heard the door swing off it’s hinges in the other room.

There was the clicks and sounds of readying weapons and activating powers. Kevin tensed but didn't look away from Sarah.

“fuck” It wasn't Kevin's voice.

A costumed hand rested on his shoulder in distanced sympathy.

EDIT: okay question 2: A pattern that grows an alternating length red energy blade with a max of 3 feet. Basically can control the length of the blade and can have more than one it's location depends on where the pattern is placed. Another pattern that allows the body to never get worn out or tired. Can sprint indefinitely. The evil that doesn't sleep kind of deal.

Question 3. Kevin didn't prepare for becoming a cape in particular. He did learn some skills like first-aid just because it's a usefull skill to have in general fat load of good that did.

question 4. I run by the philosophy that no one wants to be a super-villain. So maybe he wants to be a rogue or superhero but it may not work out since he's a pr nightmare. It's going to be tough for him. He may need the resources of the protectorate to help with his own goals. He also has reason to suspect their at fault for his sisters death so it depends on which groups give him a better hope for closure. I'm going to say the protectorate stay in contact with him but he's more or less on his own and under the radar because the trail is cold.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 06:39:37 pm by Scood »
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 27, 2013, 08:20:42 pm »

question 4. I run by the philosophy that no one wants to be a super-villain.
Ahahahahahaha.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 27, 2013, 08:25:58 pm »

question 4. I run by the philosophy that no one wants to be a super-villain.
Ahahahahahaha.

Harbinger is correct.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Scood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 27, 2013, 08:45:18 pm »

A want to be rich and a want to be a super-villain are not the same.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 08:51:04 pm by Scood »
...............___@@@__                  

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 27, 2013, 09:20:57 pm »

They are when your chosen way of getting rich is robbing banks.

Scood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 27, 2013, 09:53:21 pm »

Actions can be super-villainy, but in the minds of the robbers it is for the side of good. Even skitter had to justify her actions to herself (to use fictional evidence).

Why do politicians never seem to change their minds when criticized about their policies. In fact many argue more vehemently for their policies than before.

Criticism forces an unprepared receiver to justify that their actions are good. This is so deeply en-grained in human psychology that I'm betting you've done something similar.

How can criminals live with themselves? The thieves, rapists, and murderers?
some court cases will shed light on those.

The rapists say they were seduced. The murderers say that actually they were the victims not the person they killed. The thieves? They'll tell you that the store was charging too high or that they had no choice because of how destitute they were. were coerced into doing it by the rest of the robers.

Do these justify their actions to everyone? heck no.
Do these justify their actions to themselves? most definitely yes. If it didn't do so they would reject it as a bad argument and try again until they found one that worked.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 09:55:08 pm by Scood »
...............___@@@__                  

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 27, 2013, 09:55:03 pm »

Actions can be super-villainy, but in the minds of the robbers it is for the side of good. Even skitter had to justify her actions to herself (to use fictional evidence).

Why do politicians never seem to change their minds when criticized about their policies. In fact many argue more vehemently for their policies than before.

Criticism forces an unprepared receiver to justify that their actions are good. This is so deeply en-grained in human psychology that I'm betting you've done something similar.

The rapists say they were seduced. The murderers say that actually they were the victims not the person they killed. The thieves? They'll tell you that the store was charging too high or that they had no choice because of how destitute they were.

Do these justify their actions to themselves? most definitely yes. If it didn't do so they would reject it as a bad argument and try again until they found one that worked.
And if everyone thinks that supervillains must be evil, then you might have a point.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 27, 2013, 09:56:10 pm »

From what i've read of the wormverse (First 4 arcs now) The villains aren't all evil. I could be dead wrong here though as theres still a lot to go now, but just throwing my lot in here.
[/quote]

Scood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 27, 2013, 10:01:55 pm »

From what i've read of the wormverse (First 4 arcs now) The villains aren't all evil. I could be dead wrong here though as theres still a lot to go now, but just throwing my lot in here.

Ya it's one of the main themes of the wormverse. "Doing the wrong thing for the right reasons" and everything.

The rapists say they were seduced. The murderers say that actually they were the victims not the person they killed. The thieves? They'll tell you that the store was charging too high or that they had no choice because of how destitute they were.

And if everyone thinks that supervillains must be evil, then you might have a point.

This is semantics. I will not argue semantics. Replace "super-villain" with "evil person" if you like.
...............___@@@__                  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 137