Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have you read the provided background information?

Yes
A little
No
The what?

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 137

Author Topic: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: Updated!  (Read 168037 times)

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Indeterminate Worm-Inspired Superhero(?) Game): Signups ending!
« Reply #120 on: September 26, 2013, 12:11:47 pm »

((3.01. I count the first number as the chapter, i don't read that slow :P ))
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 26, 2013, 12:14:56 pm »

(I assume you mean third arc?)

Ninja.

Alright, so quickly glancing over a table of average number of high school students per school per state, Elena attempted to influence about 700 people, failing miserably lets say she hit about 10% of them, 70 people with half of those being people she had already interacted with that day.  Being that she was stressed at the time, her normal effect would have shorter range and be unable to influence as many people at once or as quickly.  So I'm thinking, on a normal day, 12 or 13 people can have their emotional state completely rewired over about a 30 minute period at a range of 50ft within line of sight.  This still feels OP, but then again mind (or body, as Regent calls his) control is always OP.  Any other limits you want to place will be perfectly fine.
I'd put her limit at maybe half a dozen at once under normal situations, tops, with the exact speed varying on the level of change. And, of course, more precision means you can't hit as many people.

With regards to location, just give the city some meaningful monument that can be destroyed.
Heh heh.

((ANOTHER ninja?!?))
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 12:28:44 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 26, 2013, 12:26:13 pm »

((You may want to correct that spoiler tag so that it works...))
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 12:30:29 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 26, 2013, 12:28:48 pm »

I'd put her limit at maybe half a dozen at once under normal situations, tops, with the exact speed varying on the level of change. And, of course, more precision means you can't hit as many people.
Done.  I could've set the maths so that it equaled 20 people, and I bet you would have only dropped it to 10, but that would be grossly manipulative and what I have is still more than fair.

What do you mean by
((ANOTHER ninja?!?))
Did I ninja you twice somehow?
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 26, 2013, 02:04:18 pm »

Ninja 2:
((3.01. I count the first number as the chapter, i don't read that slow :P ))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 26, 2013, 03:03:47 pm »

[deleted]
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 03:09:54 pm by Scood »
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

Scood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 26, 2013, 03:09:16 pm »

What did Selina do about the fact that she had multiple counts each of murder and murder with a parahuman ability, plus a count of assault with a parahuman ability, especially with a witness able to identify her? That's the kind of thing that gets you sent to jail if you're lucky.
Selina was hiding out in the slums of [insert city] in total seclusion. She was terrified, broken, and wanted to die. She had no where to go, no one who would believe her... she was just another person every hero was out to get now... she wished she had the courage to kill herself, but she couldn't, wouldn't. She resigned herself to staying in a run down/destroyed building, cold, alone, and without any comfort. She would die out here... but no one would care, no one would mourn, another statistic on a wall of the lost.
Two things.
1. On the bright side, the heroes will have much bigger priorities than the orphan who killed some kids a while back. Like currently-active supervillains.
2. I'm tempted to start with an Endbringer attack, just to collect everyone (and partly to get Selina out of her mood).

Anyways, I've reached a conclusion.
Empiricist, I'm sorry, but I can't come up with a good power right now. And like I said earlier, there were a lot of good applications. So, Scood, good news: You're in! Writing up a description...

((0.0 sweet! I didn't even catch this at first. I'm a little worried about Kevin's interaction with Elena. He will hate her guts at least initially.))
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 03:34:02 pm by Scood »
...............___@@@__                  

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 26, 2013, 04:57:25 pm »

*glances at CSs*
The whole Master thing?
Sig

Scood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 26, 2013, 05:58:23 pm »

((ya... I'm referring to the berserk button. I can see some simple solutions though. The first is common enemy. Coercion into cooperation. ignorance about her power... changing it into Tranquil Fury instead of a berserk button.))
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 07:27:10 pm by Scood »
...............___@@@__                  

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 26, 2013, 07:09:16 pm »

I wonder what rank steven would get...
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 26, 2013, 08:05:20 pm »

Empiricist, I'm sorry, but I can't come up with a good power right now. And like I said earlier, there were a lot of good applications. So, Scood, good news: You're in! Writing up a description...
((That's fine, I probably based some of his stuff a bit too much on his ability anyway. Actually I made up his ability first, so this isn't entirely unexpected.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 26, 2013, 08:06:32 pm »

I wonder what rank steven would get...
He's definitely a Mover and/or Breaker, and a Brute. Probably about the same Brute rating as Weld and the same Mover rating as Annex's rating.

((That's fine, I probably based some of his stuff a bit too much on his ability anyway. Actually I made up his ability first, so this isn't entirely unexpected.))
Which ability?
Sig

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 26, 2013, 08:07:10 pm »

((The suggested power thing.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Indeterminate Worm-Inspired Superhero(?) Game): Characters nearly done!
« Reply #133 on: September 26, 2013, 09:41:01 pm »

((The suggested power thing.))
Ah. Yeah, it's hard to design a trigger event for that. As it happens, replace "advice and information" with "powers" and you have the power of one of the more infamous villains of the Wormverse.

Spoiler: Scrood (click to show/hide)
Alright. I've finally finished these things! Tomorrow I intend to flesh out the world, and Saturday perhaps we can start.

Would someone mind trying to find any consensus on when and where to set the game? I don't remember any forming, and I should get to bed almost two hours ago, given my cold and how frikkin' late I stayed up last night.
Sig

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 26, 2013, 09:56:51 pm »

((bwahaha! yes, me and the other waitlisters will be silently judging these parahumans from the safety of our computer screens. I wouldn't give Selina such a hard time. After all she just killed the last people who did. So whatever weak personality traits you think she has, may be mistaken.
))
I have RPed with Cado before. He always uses the same general character. I am basing my assessment on previous experience. And that experience includes stammering. So very, very much stammering.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 137