Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have you read the provided background information?

Yes
A little
No
The what?

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 137

Author Topic: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: Updated!  (Read 167731 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: \Attention Waitlisters!
« Reply #1815 on: December 06, 2013, 09:36:32 pm »

"They are metaphysical abilities that are granted to us under immense physical or mental trauma, as for where they come from isnt it obvious?

They dont obey any of our niverses laws of physics so they must logically be coming from another."
The oracle considers this.
"Maybe. All I know about it is what I see in my visions, and they tell me that the powers came from the Holy City and the Five Horsemen, and we are their Chosen. But where do they get their powers from? Could it be from elsewhere? ...The visions do not suggest such."
He shrugs.
"What were we talking about again?"

((In case the poll doesn't tell you Gold, I've no idea how they work, I have read the extra content.  Also, due to mostly lurking during my time on various forums, I am uncertain when it is considered polite to bump the thread.  Please advise.))
((Nice timing. I was partway through the above bit, then got distracted, then you posted, then I returned.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: Attention Waitlisters!
« Reply #1816 on: December 06, 2013, 09:56:35 pm »

"The information i should know."
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: December 06, 2013, 10:21:28 pm »

"Oh, right! Um. Let's see."
"Oh for the love of--Should I just tell him that one prophecy? The famous one that got on international news for, like, a whole weekend?"
"Ah! You remember that one?"
"I remember everything. Ahem:

"They came from a world unknown
And, yet, a world much like our own!
They came, a single one by one
And rose, one like the rising sun,
Another with the growing--um.
Boring, where's all the good stuff?
The Hero fought the Five Horsemen
(Why isn't that line rhymun'?)
And they give boons to the Chosen,
For purposes in time frozen.
The Six watch to further their goals
And others wait to fill the holes.
The Hero will shorten this wait
With his battles born of--wait.
When does this interest again?
You are a stupid vision...hen?
The Flame and Branch have now allied
(This is boring, my int'rest died.)
But the Serpent alone stares
At the world, and living in it
Breathes the planet and is fit
To win this game, this game of words
Which kill nations as dead as swords."

At times, the Oracle, looks a bit embarrassed.
"Not my best prophecy. Now I can't remember a word of what's missing."
[ocr b]"It got like three-point-four million views on YouTube, and only about twelve thousand dislikes. To four dozen likes."[/ocr b]
"Do you want to be in the Four?"
[ocr b]"Like you'd kick me out. I'm the only one here with any cred."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: December 06, 2013, 10:55:15 pm »

((Judging by given background information,
They means the terrors, the Hero is an unknown quantity,
the chosen are parahumans, as stated previously,
the six are either the Protectorate's inner circle or the terrors and the hero, the others are backups in case someone dies from either of the aforementioned groups,
uncertain of flame and branch, allied can also mean connected, so if we're going a Yggdrasil route, then the world is already doomed,
serpent in the past has been known to mean dragon, or a wyrm (can we officially name this thread now?), since his phrasing implies that it is almost guaranteed to win, I would assume that he means Zion.
Some or most could be wrong based on how Gold wants to run this.))
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: Trope Page
« Reply #1819 on: December 06, 2013, 10:59:27 pm »

It's as official a name as this will ever get. It's even on the--wait, I never mentioned the TV Tropes page, did I?

There's a TV Tropes page.
Sig

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: December 06, 2013, 11:05:45 pm »

((I honestly had no idea that that was a thing that people did on Bay12, interesting.))
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: December 06, 2013, 11:33:31 pm »

Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: December 06, 2013, 11:43:06 pm »

"You call that information? If you dont start making sense im gonna reconsider listening."
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: December 06, 2013, 11:48:14 pm »

"What, that wasn't clear?"
"No."
"...Alright, I'll try to explain some. The Hero...first, the first of...something. These Six give powers to people, and some do better than others. Why is this? Why is Leviathan a member of the Inner Circle, when all he does is turn into a giant snake?"
Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: December 06, 2013, 11:59:22 pm »

"Cant he control water too? Isnt he like some sort of proto-naga?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: December 07, 2013, 12:06:49 am »

"Eh, a little. That's ignoring the point. There's plenty of stronger heroes, more versatile, less destructive. Why him? It's the Six's choice. The heroes--"
"The great wolves come in packs of six/Which can't disguise the Old Ones' tricks."
"I'd be flattered if I didn't suspect you were mocking me."
Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: December 07, 2013, 12:14:07 am »

"So you are saying someone gave him both his powers and his position?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: December 07, 2013, 09:41:45 am »

"Pretty much. And it's not just them. Everywhere you look, there are groups of six if you know where to look. One from each. These are the First-Chosen, special among the Chosen. And here, in Toronto, we have six First-Chosen who are...different, somehow. And something's wrong, there are only five now."
Sig

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: December 07, 2013, 01:16:39 pm »

((can I get a location of where my character is right now? Last I had him practicing his martial arts...Did the induction ceramony happen yet?))
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: December 07, 2013, 01:31:04 pm »

((No, not yet. Um...I've forgotten, where was he practicing martial arts again?))
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 137