Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have you read the provided background information?

Yes
A little
No
The what?

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 137

Author Topic: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: Updated!  (Read 167777 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: RtD over, Title Unchanged
« Reply #1560 on: November 29, 2013, 11:39:42 am »

"TH-th-th-that w-w-was mean..." Selina tries to calm down, looking quite hurt from that.
"Ha, oh, um...yeah, sorry."
Precedent suggests that this apology is less than fully sincere.

Elena uses her laptop to check previous induction ceremonies since hers had been a quiet affair.  Her staus as a probationary ward, and the fact that she was the only person joining, had caused the PRT to limit coverage. It had gotten a small article in the newspaper and a 15 second clip on the local news.  She wondered what bigger ones were like.
There have been fairly few mass induction ceremonies. Unsurprisingly, many came right after Terrors killed off most of a city's heroes. They were typically public affairs, as much to reassure the people that everything would be handled as anything. Most or all of the local Protectorate and the major members of the Wards attended; anyone not attending, typically plus some out-of-towners, patrol during it to keep the criminals quiet. The details varied a bit, but at the core it was basically like Elena's ceremony.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
Re: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: RtD over, Title Unchanged
« Reply #1561 on: November 29, 2013, 11:50:03 am »

Elena checks the additional links for anything interesting.
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: November 29, 2013, 12:20:26 pm »

Selina slowly calms down, but was clearly shaken.

"H-h-h-how long h-h-h-have you b-b-been in h-h-h-here...?" Selina is pretty upset looking.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: November 29, 2013, 03:36:26 pm »

Elena checks the additional links for anything interesting.
((Which links? What are you looking for?))

Selina slowly calms down, but was clearly shaken.

"H-h-h-how long h-h-h-have you b-b-been in h-h-h-here...?" Selina is pretty upset looking.
"Not long. So. 'Sup?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: November 29, 2013, 04:01:21 pm »

((Well I'm assuming that this is either Parahumans online or a Youtube analog, which may or may not have links to something along the lines of "Villains Snap and Crackle interrupt a PRT fundraiser," I'm looking for an IC reason for her to suspect that the villains are going to attack the ceremony to make us all look bad.))

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: November 29, 2013, 04:10:26 pm »

"..." Selina doesn't say anything, just trying to calm down enough to not go into the fetal position and cry.
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: November 29, 2013, 04:37:53 pm »

((Well I'm assuming that this is either Parahumans online or a Youtube analog, which may or may not have links to something along the lines of "Villains Snap and Crackle interrupt a PRT fundraiser," I'm looking for an IC reason for her to suspect that the villains are going to attack the ceremony to make us all look bad.))
((You mean, aside from a hybrid of common sense, paranoia, and apparently the ability to read the GM's mind?))

"..." Selina doesn't say anything, just trying to calm down enough to not go into the fetal position and cry.
She frowns.
"I heard you made a great portrait of Argonaut."
Sig

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: November 29, 2013, 04:40:54 pm »

((We all knew it was gonna happen Gold :P ))

"Um... y-y-y-y-yes... Sl-sl-slither h-h-has it n-now... um... h-h-h-h-he w-w-wanted t-t-to add it... t-t-t-to the m-memorial..." Selina has calmed down sufficiently to not go into the fetal position and cry! And even talk now!
[/quote]

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: November 29, 2013, 04:56:05 pm »

((Ignore two posts back then.  Also, Murphy's law, "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong" and associated corollaries.))

Elena frowns.  This upcoming induction took too many of the cities heroes away from their jobs.  The villains had been extremely quiet ever since Naga, the only things that she had needed to deal with were looters, if they were planning something the induction would be the perfect time to attack.  With that set in her head, the question was, would they be going for terror or resources?  She rapidly shot a text to Sliver and Slither detailing her thoughts.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: November 29, 2013, 04:58:07 pm »

((Dammit. I need to work on my subtlety.))

"Um... y-y-y-y-yes... Sl-sl-slither h-h-has it n-now... um... h-h-h-h-he w-w-wanted t-t-to add it... t-t-t-to the m-memorial..." Selina has calmed down sufficiently to not go into the fetal position and cry! And even talk now!
"Sweet! Consider doing one of me?"

Elena frowns.  This upcoming induction took too many of the cities heroes away from their jobs.  The villains had been extremely quiet ever since Naga, the only things that she had needed to deal with were looters, if they were planning something the induction would be the perfect time to attack.  With that set in her head, the question was, would they be going for terror or resources?  She rapidly shot a text to Sliver and Slither detailing her thoughts.
Quote from: Slither
We're bringing in some out-of-town heroes. If you're really worried, you and Kinetics can sit this out and patrol instead. I'd prefer you come, though.
Sig

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: November 29, 2013, 05:01:32 pm »

"I um... uh... I g-g-g-guess er... w-w-with o-or without your... um... m-m-mask...?" Selina seems surprised by this, and also is now thinking of how many days it will take to do all the deceased portraits if she had to do this too...
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: November 29, 2013, 05:09:55 pm »

"How 'bout a nude?" She smiles.
Sig

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: November 29, 2013, 05:16:15 pm »

Selina blushes brightly, stammering out a long response.

"Well I... I um... I... I um... er... w-w-w-w-well um... I er... uh... i-i-i-i-i-if y-y-y-you r-r-r-r-really w-w-w-w-wanted... um... uh... er... I... I um..." Selina is really shocked by this request. (3000)
[/quote]

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: November 29, 2013, 05:21:03 pm »

I'll ask her,  if she doesn't want to come, i might just stick around in plainclothes.

((Edited so as to actually take an action))

Elena ensures that she is fully dressed and heads to Selina's door, upon which she knocks. "Selina are you in there?"
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 07:04:42 pm by MrVoid »

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: November 29, 2013, 07:06:22 pm »

"Uh... um... j-j-j-j-just a m-m-m-minute...!" Selina calls. Elena can sense extreme embarrassment, nervousness, ...and arousal?
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 137