Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have you read the provided background information?

Yes
A little
No
The what?

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 137

Author Topic: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: Updated!  (Read 167797 times)

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: RtD over, Title Unchanged
« Reply #1515 on: November 27, 2013, 01:25:22 pm »

"Wh-wh-what...!?" Selina's eyes go wide! She was taking advantage of someone? WHAT!?!? She was now thoroughly confused, and slightly afraid.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
Re: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: RtD over, Title Unchanged
« Reply #1516 on: November 27, 2013, 01:39:15 pm »

"Nonono. I was saying that it wasn't in your nature to take advantage of Sliver if she decides to say anything personal."
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: November 27, 2013, 01:41:33 pm »

"I... oh... oh er... s-s-sorry..." Selina looks down in embarrassment for jumping to conclusions.
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: November 27, 2013, 03:17:30 pm »

Sliver looks around, checking that no one else was there.
"Alright, well, it's...Gus. He's dead."
She suddenly decides to clam up.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: November 27, 2013, 03:35:08 pm »

((Gonna need a little more than that Gold, I'm an emotional manipulator, not a meta-mind reader.  From a story standpoint, there are a number of reasons for her to suddenly quiet down, especially if she blames Not-Selina for his death in some capacity.))

Elena takes a good hard look at the girl's emotional state.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: November 27, 2013, 03:48:12 pm »

((Sorry. That isn't a thing I deal with every game.))

She's feeling embarrassed, mostly. Sad, unsurprisingly. A bit of anger, but that could well be directed more at herself or the situation than you or Selina.
[14]
This seems to be stemming from love, mixed with a bit of regret.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: November 27, 2013, 04:37:25 pm »

((Not a problem.))

Oh that made sense.  "There's nothing to be embarrassed about, you two were practically brother and sister.  I and I suspect Blaster, just because she seems to be naturally intuitive about these sorts of things, already suspected how you two felt about each other.  The real tragedy here is that neither of you were vocal about it." 

Elena sat and pondered for a moment, "His death, and all of the caped deaths caused by the Terrors are an unfortunate aspect of our jobs.  It's the same with anyone who goes into harms way for others, the police, the military, the PRT guys, we all will eventually lose someone we care about if they stand on those monsters firing ranges.  I've seen it in the longer lived heroes, the serious loss that accompanies the death of a true friend.  I've been here about a year, and when the Terrors appear, there's always a brief moment of nostalgic remorse, much like you're feeling now.  Gus was a good guy, and, at the end of the day, he just got the short end of the stick.  Much like we all will eventually.  Are you okay with that possibility?  I know that I am, but I've got no one to miss me, and no one to miss right now."  Her old mood was coming back, and she was on the verge of tears, "I... I'm sorry, I shouldn't have looked."

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: November 27, 2013, 05:03:48 pm »

Selina looks pretty surprised, not sure how to help now... She wanted to help, try and stop the sadness but... what could she do? She was useless here... always useless...
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: November 27, 2013, 05:07:34 pm »

((Not a problem.))

Oh that made sense.  "There's nothing to be embarrassed about, you two were practically brother and sister.  I and I suspect Blaster, just because she seems to be naturally intuitive about these sorts of things, already suspected how you two felt about each other.  The real tragedy here is that neither of you were vocal about it."
Embarrassment, irritation.

Elena sat and pondered for a moment, "His death, and all of the caped deaths caused by the Terrors are an unfortunate aspect of our jobs.  It's the same with anyone who goes into harms way for others, the police, the military, the PRT guys, we all will eventually lose someone we care about if they stand on those monsters firing ranges.  I've seen it in the longer lived heroes, the serious loss that accompanies the death of a true friend.  I've been here about a year, and when the Terrors appear, there's always a brief moment of nostalgic remorse, much like you're feeling now.  Gus was a good guy, and, at the end of the day, he just got the short end of the stick.  Much like we all will eventually.  Are you okay with that possibility?  I know that I am, but I've got no one to miss me, and no one to miss right now."  Her old mood was coming back, and she was on the verge of tears, "I... I'm sorry, I shouldn't have looked."
Sliver nods. She seems to be feeling better. Or at least less sad and irritated.
Sig

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: November 27, 2013, 06:04:44 pm »

(So, I copied my sheet over, how exactly does the wait list work?)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: November 27, 2013, 08:03:35 pm »

Weren't you one of those with a character from Naga's attack or am I remembering wrong?
Sig

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: November 27, 2013, 08:23:19 pm »

Selina tentitively pats Sliver's back, not sure what else she could do.
[/quote]

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: November 27, 2013, 08:37:52 pm »

Elena sits in silence for a while waiting for Selina, and Ines to finish their meal.  Using the time to think, she realizes that the things she was doing today would set the board for future action.  Abruptly Elena stood up, "I'm sorry to leave you hanging, Selina, but I would like to speak with Slither before you show him the picture.  It's kind of a sensitive matter."  If Zion and Selina's alternate personality were connected, then there was no reason for her to tip off the most powerful cape in the world that she was on to him.  With that she left in search of Slither.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 08:43:39 pm by MrVoid »

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: November 27, 2013, 08:42:37 pm »

Selina looks slightly worried, but nods, taking the picture with her and walking away to get some water.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 09:02:57 pm by RangerCado »
[/quote]

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: November 27, 2013, 09:00:00 pm »

((Edited previous post.  Sorry for switching venues, but the scene appeared to be over, and the ward's private room wasn't a very logical place for others players to intervene.))
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 137