Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have you read the provided background information?

Yes
A little
No
The what?

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 137

Author Topic: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: Updated!  (Read 167908 times)

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
Re: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: Screw Writer's Block!
« Reply #1125 on: November 01, 2013, 05:31:12 pm »

((that's what it looks like, unless derm wants to tinker instead of going to a boring meeting on a local gang))
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: November 01, 2013, 05:45:30 pm »

I have been tinkering. I think. I put in a bold action.

It's just that as a tinker, there's quite a lot less RP.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Scood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: November 01, 2013, 06:43:48 pm »

((GWG is there a cape with the same power as contessa in this universe?))
...............___@@@__                  

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: November 01, 2013, 08:45:13 pm »

"Good to hear. It wears off after a week or two if it's not reapplied. Earlier if you give it an extremely good scrubbing."
((I find this statement amusing.))

((GWG is there a cape with the same power as contessa in this universe?))
((Yes. That reminds me, I never finished the Inner Circle, did I?))

Tabitha finishes her morning's work before heading to the conference room.
[1]
It had been horrible. She gave what she had a quick test right before heading out, and something was screwed up somewhere because it broke. No major wounds, but Hannah was in the infirmary for some cuts. What was really torturing Tabitha was, did she screw up the design or the build to make this happen?

2012, July 15, 11:00
The main conference room at the PRT HQ is packed with employees. All the Protectorate and Wards in Toronto are in the front row or two, with PRT officers filling the next several rows. Independent heroes, miscellaneous PRT employees, and special guests from city hall, the police department, and so forth finish off the crowd. Argonaut is standing at the front, with a large white screen behind him. Argonaut clears his throat, his voice echoed by speakers around the room picking up sound from some unseen microphone.
"Good morning, heroes, officers of the law, PRT employees, and everyone else attending this meeting. As you know, we are here to discuss one of the major groups of supervillains in Toronto today: The Bones. Lead by Skull, they have always been a minor concern. Skull is a Master, and his subordinates include a tinker and a combination Master-Stranger-Trump, not to mention a number of mundane humans and artificial minions. Thankfully, these have been minor for the most part; Spine is an average tinker at best, his Vertebrae are fairly weak; Skull's Master powers are limited to limited--albeit sometimes horrifying, as at least a few of us in here can attest--physical control of vertebrates and use of skeletal minions more pathetic than the Vertebrae, and Humerus's duplicates are easily detected by simple Master or Stranger protocols, or by use of one of our Wards. However, they have recently been recruiting. The number of unpowered Bones is believed to have risen from less than a dozen to perhaps fourty or fifty. Vertebrae have been increasing in number and quality, and several of the unpowered Bones have been using powered armor and other high-investment tinker gear. Yesterday, three new members were confirmed, with rumors of two others showing up since. This is a volatile and swiftly-changing situation; hence, before I continue, I would like to make it clear that the audience should feel free to speak up and share new information or even correct me if they have newer intelligence, ideally during a pause." Argonaut demonstrates with a pause.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: November 01, 2013, 08:51:27 pm »

Selina gulps. She had encountered a couple of the new bones members 4 days ago. They had nearly gotten her, and accounted for several healed bruises on her back. She didn't speak up, she hadn't seen their faces, but she was quite worried about them attacking her again... if she ever worked up the nerve to leave the Wards building that is...
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Scood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: November 01, 2013, 09:01:26 pm »

Thalsian shifted his weight in his seat impatiently.
...............___@@@__                  

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: November 01, 2013, 09:05:18 pm »

Delphinium had nothing to note yet.  The fact that the Bones were increasing in number was a problem, but her focus was mostly on Argonaut's alternate emotional center as he spoke.
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: November 01, 2013, 09:29:41 pm »

The alternate emotional center was pretty quiet...

"Excellent. First, I'm going to give an overview of the presentation and the subject, which I am most of the way through doing. Next, I will go over the known and unknown members of the Bones, and their powers, strengths, and weaknesses as they are known. After that, I will explain other reasons to be concerned about the Bones. Finally, I will bring up some plans of action to deal with this threat."

Argonaut shifts his arm. On the screen comes a picture of a thin man in a black body suit that has a skeleton pattern on it. It almost looks like a cheap Halloween costume.
"This is Skull, the leader of the Bones. Don't judge by his cover--he possesses a power suited to a horror movie. Skull controls skeletons. His application of this power are controlling the movement of people and corpses, and animating a number of skeletons with simple hinges or springs added to the joints as cheap soldiers. These skeletons are incredibly weak, but difficult to permanently damage them. You must disconnect the joints, firmly enough to prevent the bones from coming back together--or break the bones, which may have once been easier. I will get to this in a moment. As to the control, again until recently only crude physical control was possible. Skull has been recorded as forcing people to strip flesh from their bones, leap off of tall buildings, or even shoot themselves in the head, but keep three things in mind. One: He only controls bones. This makes his movements of you crude at best, and incapable of using many distinctive patterns. Skull cannot control speech, nor can he move your eyes, ears, or other fleshy body parts, nor can he use any powers not constantly active one may possess, except for a few simpler ones such as a few super-strong or -fast individuals, notably Felis Nocht. Onto his psychological profile. Skull is believed to be a megalomaniac to some degree, and is known to have a long view that may well help him achieve his goals. Moreover, he constantly strives to gain more power...and more powers. By hook or crook, or way or pass, he has been getting every parahuman not already associated with some team and several who are to join the Bones. Recently, he has been successful often as not, with a sudden influx of new capes. One has to wonder why...but this is for later."

A pause. (Mostly to help break up what would otherwise be a ginormous Wall of Text, but it also gives PCs a chance to comment on each section.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: November 01, 2013, 09:35:41 pm »

Selina grabs Delphinium's hand tightly, striving to remain calm. This was not what she wanted to listen to, put she had said she'd listen at the meeting...

Emotions: Fear 4/8 Nervousness 3/8 Terror 1/8
[/quote]

Scood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: November 01, 2013, 09:40:05 pm »

The light of the windows didn't quite reach Thalsians eyes and he was clenching his fists unconciously.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 09:44:17 pm by Scood »
...............___@@@__                  

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: November 01, 2013, 09:42:07 pm »

Crude, inelegant and brutal.  To each Master their own, Delphinium supposed, but he was too far out of bounds.  Turning to Selina she whispered, "Do you want to leave, this is likely only going to get worse."  Delphinium wondered for a moment if the girl was even aware how strong her grip was.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: November 01, 2013, 09:44:15 pm »

"I... I w-w-want to b-b-be strong... a... a little longer... please..." Selina seemed to be saying please more to herself than Delphinium.
[/quote]

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: November 01, 2013, 09:47:39 pm »

Tabitha sat a little out of sight near the back, fiddling madly with a small portable tablet.

'Was it the fuselage? No, I made the voltage low for that exact reason. The biomass was cooled to thirty degrees celsius, it couldn't have formed the gas neccesary for such a blast. Oh, Hannah is going to have my head for this.'

She paused, listening to Argonaut give his rundown. 'More and more parahumans, huh? I need to step it up, this could be my big chance.' She frowned and inspected her design closely, then half groaned.

'The samophlange! Of course! Without it, the unregulated levels of nitrogen would condense into a supergaseous state within the pre-compression bio-chamber and ignite when exposed to room temperature air. So stupid.'

Grinning madly to herself, she rapidly altered the design, jotted a few notes down in the sidebar and logged out, paying full attention to the heroes briefing.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: November 01, 2013, 09:51:37 pm »

"Alright your choice, just let me know if anything is wrong."  Good, another point for Selina.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: November 01, 2013, 09:52:20 pm »

Selina nodded, loosening her grip slightly.
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 137