Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have you read the provided background information?

Yes
A little
No
The what?

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 137

Author Topic: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: Updated!  (Read 167920 times)

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
Re: Name Pending: A Toronto-set Worm-based Parahuman RP: Screw Writer's Block!
« Reply #1110 on: November 01, 2013, 01:17:21 pm »

Delphinium sits and hugs Selina from behind, applying as much physical, comforting, human pressure as she can.  If Selina could make it through tough spots like this on her own emotions, she would be better for it.  Delphinium also supposes it put her in a better position to hold her if Selina failed, but that's an afterthought.
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: November 01, 2013, 01:20:21 pm »

((Shin deep is still partway and as for the forcefields on the floor, they really did warrant a more in depth explanation prior to now. "Piasa prepares some forcefields" doesnt really tell me much.))
Yeah, sorry. Overly lengthy descriptions aren't any better than spartan ones, and I tend towards the latter end. I thought assumed that you would understand that Piasa was restraining you as much as she could.

(To refresh Void's memory: Their minds always looked like that, she just didn't have anything to compare it to to recognize it as.)
((Thanks, I didn't get that at first.))
And because I evidently didn't make myself clear: It is actually pretty much the same as Selina's, just not so...dominant. Or sadomachoistic.
((It seems less and less likely that I would have assumed a master control situation in the first place then.))
((Sorry about screwing up the descriptions again. I have a firm mental picture of what's going on, but trouble communicating what you can tell to you.))

"I only just noticed it because I've been watching Selina and her other self mentally duking it out over the course of the last day.  They have another consciousness in them, and, if its anything like Selina's, it's probably been watching us for quite some time."
"That is...troubling. Like Selina's...one has to wonder if these other selves have ever taken over."

Sleeper agents? no, too complex of an explanation.

"Is there precedent for recruiting MPD capes in toronto?"
"The literal answer is 'No, partly because of the extreme rarity of dissociative identity disorder,' but I'm guessing that doesn't answer the question you were trying to ask."

"Have any thought Slither?" he turned to Sliver "Sliver?" The similarities in their name threw him off and he turned it into a question to both of the capes.

He glanced at the girl in the fetal position. She wasn't likely to contribute anything useful to the situation. He would have a hard time trusting the input anyway.
"This is...serious. I'm not sure what to do, though..."
"...We really need to get a proper telepath or something. No offense, Delphinium, but while I'm sure this is something, your power is too vague on what. Pretty sure it isn't normal DID, though..."
"Might I suggest that we put this on hold until after the meeting with the Bones? It's starting in about fifteen minutes, and Sliver and I should be there early. Not that it would hurt to have all the heroes arrive early."

Delphinium sits and hugs Selina from behind, applying as much physical, comforting, human pressure as she can.  If Selina could make it through tough spots like this on her own emotions, she would be better for it.  Delphinium also supposes it put her in a better position to hold her if Selina failed, but that's an afterthought.
Blaster is hurrying through at just the right time to pass by at this moment. She giggles a bit before hurrying onward.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: November 01, 2013, 01:43:00 pm »

"The literal answer is 'No, partly because of the extreme rarity of dissociative identity disorder,' but I'm guessing that doesn't answer the question you were trying to ask."
"It answers it, plenty." The sleeper agent hypothesis just became way more likely but he couldn't jump to conclusions.

Quote from: GWG
"This is...serious. I'm not sure what to do, though..."

"...We really need to get a proper telepath or something. No offense, Delphinium, but while I'm sure this is something, your power is too vague on what. Pretty sure it isn't normal DID, though..."
Thalsian thought telepaths didn't exist. They're like the boogeymen of parahumans.
"Might I suggest that we put this on hold until after the meeting with the Bones? It's starting in about fifteen minutes, and Sliver and I should be there early. Not that it would hurt to have all the heroes arrive early."
Blaster is hurrying through at just the right time to pass by at this moment. She giggles a bit before hurrying onward.
Thalsian was willing to put this problem aside for now.
"I'm willing to go back to the conference." He looked at the hugging duo "Do you guys need medical attention?"
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 01:55:12 pm by Scood »
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: November 01, 2013, 02:13:38 pm »

Thalsian thought telepaths didn't exist. They're like the boogeymen of parahumans.
((In the Wormverse, sure*. Here, they're rare, but they exist.
...Dangit. I just realized that there are at least a few assumptions carrying over from the Wormverse that won't be applicable here. And I can't remember what all of them are.))

*((Not that I ever understood why "real" telepaths were unheard of, but folks like Cherish weren't remarked upon for that.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: November 01, 2013, 02:45:52 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Edit: just checked your rise of magical girls last posts out of interest.  Turns out that Selina got hugged twice in a one hour period.))
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 02:48:38 pm by MrVoid »

Scood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: November 01, 2013, 02:54:24 pm »

((oh ok then. Also does Delphinium and selina need medical attention?))
...............___@@@__                  

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: November 01, 2013, 02:58:02 pm »

((Not really. Delph might want a doctor to make sure she doesn't have a concussion, but it's nothing serious, and Slither can make venomous snakes without serious side effects.))
Sig

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: November 01, 2013, 03:13:40 pm »

Selina slowly calms down and actually blushes from this. When Blaster sees, she only blushes more.

"I... I'm f-f-f-fine now..."
Selina looks pretty nervous and embarrassed. (2800)

Emotions: Confusion 1/10 Affection 4/10 Nervousness 3/10 Happy 2/10
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: November 01, 2013, 03:22:59 pm »

"Okay then." She says releasing Selina and turning to Thalsian, "No, your rune is holding up nicely, I can go get treated myself if I need it."

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: November 01, 2013, 03:25:55 pm »

Selina slowly stands up, not sure what to do now in her current state. She was pretty embarrassed, the attraction to Elena growing stronger. This was all new for Selina, not knowing what it was like to be attracted to someone. Weren't girls supposed to be attracted to boys? Elena did have a nice looking body from what she could see but... was it right for her to be attracted to it? She had spent so long on the drawing of her as well... it was really confusing for her.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 03:33:38 pm by RangerCado »
[/quote]

Scood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: November 01, 2013, 03:56:36 pm »

Thalsians original objectives have been completed there wasn't a point in staying.
"Good to hear. It wears off after a week or two if it's not reapplied. Earlier if you give it an extremely good scrubbing."
He then starts back in order to get to the conference room.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 04:10:05 pm by Scood »
...............___@@@__                  

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: November 01, 2013, 04:56:04 pm »

Delphinium stands as well, Selina had done well this time, she smiled behind her visor.  No time to celebrate though, the meeting was going to be starting soon and her head hurt.  She would see about getting some of Dr. Kataiser's medicine later, she wants to watch the Argonaut and Bullhit's alternate personalities at work.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: November 01, 2013, 04:58:06 pm »

Selina follows, still very blushy. She sits between Delphinium and Blaster, though she considers that in hindsight it may not have been the best plan.
[/quote]

Scood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: November 01, 2013, 05:11:10 pm »

Thalsian sits back to his original seat by the exit. He was surprised it wasn't taken when he got back but other than that he just kept a close eye on the presenter, bullhit, and the Jackle.
((oh noes!!! writers block!))
...............___@@@__                  

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: November 01, 2013, 05:25:20 pm »

((Pretty much just waiting for Derm to bring Tabitha here and for Gold to show up right?))
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 137