Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: @)~~}~ Magia Exquisitis: The Mad King - IC ~{~~(@  (Read 2428 times)

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: @)~~}~ Magia Exquisitis: The Mad King - IC ~{~~(@
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2013, 04:27:45 pm »

@)~Wednesday, February 14, 2013~(@
You all wake up to an envelope on your bedsheet containing 500 US dollars in cash, alongside a court ordered Cease and Desist from the People for the Ethical Treatment of Vampires as well as a note explaining that HR has taken $300 off the pay for the brutality. Apparently decapitating your enemies in modern times isn't a good idea. Who knew?

~Farzaneh and Jack~
The two of you sail down the River Styx and into a little shop called The Cultist's Womb. There doesn't appear to be much in the actual shop to be bought, but there are free catalogues of the shop's inventory. Apparently most items are brought in by order from a hidden dimension to avoid petty thieves from having their way.
Of immediate notice to Jack is the cost of a satchel of lich dust; fifteen grand per. And of notice to Farz is the preserved naga corpse, at seven grand per.
Regardless, the two of you soon leave for your own business.

~Farzaneh~
You spend several hours trying to pester Cero into revealing a ritual you could use the heads and slime with, but he merely shoes you away, telling you to dump the heads in the ritual chambers to be disposed of.(1/4 + 2, Failure)
The rest of your time, however, is modestly successful. You manage to convert the loose change around the mansion into miniscule lumps of iron. There's not enough to be of much use, but you do manage to make two very basic rings and three featureless beads. (6/5/4/2 + 1 Success) (6/4/6/1 + 1 Success)

~Jack~
You spend some time after you get back sparring with Iori, telling him not to go easy on you. You realize quickly, however, how bad an idea this was. Even though he only used a twig, you were beaten bloody and senseless, then finally into unconsciousness. You wake up several hours later at dinnertime covered in bruises, welts, and in pain. [You've learned a valuable lesson, however; No matter how it might seem, Twigs are the Enemy™] (4/1/2/1 + 3 Critical Failure)

~Alessandra~
You find a library in the nearby city with relative ease, but realize rather too late that you went to a mundane city. By the time you get back, it's already too late to even bother.(5/2/2 Failure)
Your training with Aran, however, miraculously goes through well enough. You take your time slowly learning how to fight as an internal mage, and as a result feel somewhat in magical combat. [+1/3 progression to the next stage of ] (5/2 +1 Success)

~Danica~
You spend some time on the pole, and find yourself unable to let go. Each minute reveals something new about the world of strip dancing you never knew of before. There are so many ways to provoke a reaction you had never even thought of! This solo practice is so extremely informative that your skill in strippingDance! has grown to new heights! [Your Performance: Dance skill has risen from rank 2 to rank 3!] (6/5 Critical Success)
After your insightful look into the deep world of stripping is over, you hit the books and research what you can on defenses someone of your, eh, "peculiar" talents might be able to use. While you don't find anything immediately available, you feel you're a step closer to something of value. [Your next research roll for finding a defensive stance will have +3 to the result] (5/2 Success)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 04:30:41 pm by Lillipad »
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2013, 03:25:48 am »

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2013, 01:25:45 am »

The night after the groups victory and their as of yet un-described amazing dinner of pizza, Alessandra sat cross legged on her bed-talking to herself, which was actually talking to the ring.

~"Are you awake yet? You've been quiet for a few days now. It's not like you.

...I suppose I should thank you for deflecting those bullets. I know it's not technically energy I asked for, you have to volunteer it, right?"~
She asks tentatively.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2013, 01:43:13 am »

There is [food redacted]. After the mess is cleaned away and the victory party winds to a close, each mage retires to their own affairs.

Farzaneh spends her night in a rather less solemn manner than Alessandra, chatting energetically over the phone (if somewhat circumspectly - it's a mundane connection, after all) with her fellow apprentices and even sending her regards along to Master Majahal. As the sun sets, she collapses into her bed and dreams...

<journal goes here!>
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 06:16:12 am by Grek »

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2013, 04:56:31 pm »

@)~ Turn One Reflection ~(@
At the end of a long day, you all sit down and relax, eating your food in the forbidden extremes of detail. As you drift off to sleep, you feel a tug at your heart and mind, new experiences now setting in.
Spend your GP and FP however you like, buying a spell, cantrip, ritual, defensive stance, or maneuver gives you the innate knowledge to learn the spell through in-game practice, a purchased feature will surface within 1d4 game days

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2013, 05:22:11 pm »

1 FP: A new Feature!
1 FP: A new Defensive Stance! One that will protect me from bullets?
1 GP (if I have one?): A new Spell.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2013, 07:25:00 pm »

I'll spend my FP on a new feature
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2013, 09:30:55 pm »

I'll spend my FP on a new feature. Related to blowing things up with magic, most likely.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2013, 05:47:29 pm »

Reflections locked, post your actions

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2013, 07:24:23 pm »

1 Hour: Rekindle Rhaux. 3d6+0 if I have to roll for this.
1 Hour: Order as many of the following items as possible from the Cultist's Womb: Blaze Imp Blood (???), Vodka(40$ for 3 pints), Greek Fire (???), Petroleum (100$ for 1 barrel=672 cups), Orc Tongues (???), Black Cedar Poison, Tulips (1$ each?), Sesame Oil (19$ for quart), Ink (10$ for 1 cup?), Mana Dust (???), Enchanted Collar (???). Willing to pay up to a thousand dollars for the lot.
6 hours: If I have the reagents, perform the Hellfire Blessing ritual on my Whip. If not, Forge a Dagger for bless later! 3d6+5 for the Ritual, or 4d6+1 for Crafting.
4 hours: Cardio Workout! Got to get faster! 2d6+0 Cardio.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2013, 01:20:16 am »

6 Hours: Attempt to learn Stripper Defense.

6 Hours: Research actual, you know. Manipulation spells involving stripper magic.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2013, 01:40:14 am »

6 Hours: Keep looking for charms and rune recipes on the Internets (Research 3d6+time 1d1)
6 Hours: Practice my internal magic more as before with Aran, looking for more varied ways of attack (Magic Combat 2d6+time 1d1)

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2013, 06:23:06 pm »

Spend 6 hours researching magic that can make me invisible [3d6+1 Research]
Spend 6 hours practising with my sword [4d6+1 mundane combat]
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2013, 07:55:54 pm »

@)~Friday, February 16, 2013~(@

~Farzaneh~
You spend an hour at the boiler room trying to rekindle your familiar. It takes a bit of convincing, but comes back with eventual ease, though missing some of its lifespan. [-1 extra day on familiar life](4/5/2 Success)

You order some supplies from the shop, many coming off as surprisingly expensive, though not terribly so. You don't manage to get everything you want, but you get quite a bit.

(+1 pint blaze imp blood -$160, +2 pints vodka -$40, +1 greek fire -$200, +1 barrel petroleum, -$100, +1 orc tongue -$300, +1 cup black cedar poison -$140, +1 tulip -$1, +1 quart sesame oil -$19, +4 cups ink -$40, -$1000 total)

You spend quite a bit of time working on the ritual, but ultimately, you just can't seem to get the flames to stick. Luckily, you manage to recover the orc tongue, saving yourself some cash on reagents. The whip is damaged, but you might be able to salvage it. For now, it is out of commission. (-1 pint imp blood, -1/2 pint vodka, -1 greek fire, -2 cups petroleum, -1 cup black cedar poison, -1 tulip, -1 whip)(3/3/2+5 Failure)

You end your day off with some light exercise, wheezing and coughing your way to elite fitness. [+1/3 progression to the next stage of Cardio](5/5 Success)

~Jack~
You spend some time researching the wonderful world of invisibility, and discover that while there's no true invisibility magic, there's plenty to emulate such things. You find one that matches your style, and make notes on how to perform it. [New spell opportunity unlocked!](2/4/5+1 Success)

You spend the rest of your day training alone, honing your skill with the blade. It's not as informative as you would like, but you do feel yourself closer to your goal. [+1/4 progression to the next stage of Mundane Combat!(5/3/5/2+1 Success)

~Alessandra~
In your research you manage to find a charm that wards death a single time from its holder. The main drawback being that it only works once per person ever, and is quite difficult to make.[Deathblind Charm recipe acquired](5/3/6+1 Critical Success)

Your training with Aran goes about as can be expected. You get trounced eight ways to Tuesday. However, in your utter defeat, you feel you've learned a bit more. [+1/3 progression to the next rank of magical combat, 2/3 progression total](2/3+1 Success)

~Danica~
You spend several hours researching the art of the stripper's defense, and while it takes several hours, your research proves incredibly useful. Not only do you find something you can use, but you learn it so completely, that you feel confident you won't need to practice in order to use it! [New defensive stance acquired!](6/2+3-1 Critical Success!)

You spend the rest of your evening researching spells you can use. While not as complete as your earlier research, you do manage to find a spell that suits you and can be used given some practice. [New spell opportunity acquired](3/5-1 Success)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2013, 11:43:58 pm »

6 Hours: Log some time in at the local gym and gun range, beefing up my mundane combat skills (Mundane Combat 2d6+time 1d1)
4 Hours: With a night off, Alessandra pretties herself up and goes out for some drinks and flirting. Any lady friends invited! (Charm 3d6, Perception 3d6, Intuition 2d6)
2 Hours: Searching the net for a pair of tickets to a baseball game for herself and Farzenah. Buy them!

« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 12:14:23 am by Dwarmin »

Pages: 1 [2] 3