Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Throw away your XX-pig tail sock-XX!  (Read 4566 times)

JBlak

• Bay Watcher
  • The Game.
    • View Profile
Re: Throw away your XX-pig tail sock-XX!
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2013, 08:24:36 pm »

Why are you guys even caring? Are items stored in containers even detrimental to FPS?
Shimbilagak

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2013, 11:00:46 am »

Dammit, while I was looking for clothes in the manufactured clothes stockpile to dump to my vampire, I discovered that there were lots of worn clothing in the new clothes stockpile, I have no idea how the hell that happened, but now I have to go and manually dump them :P

Edit: *sigh* After I did a cleanowned all in an attempt to clean out the worn clothes, they're putting the worn clothes in the wrong stockpile again.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 11:32:55 am by smjjames »

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2013, 03:43:30 pm »

My dwarves with bedrooms and no cabinets just leave their XXcrapXX all over the floor. I'm thinking of upgrading their bedrooms to be a bit larger and putting a refuse stockpile over the whole area -- the increased size of the room should make it less likely that the tile chosen for dumping will be the non-stockpile bed tile.

Why are you guys even caring?
Because it's annoying!
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2013, 08:20:57 am »

Alright, so I tried the "cleanowned scattered X" thing and about five of my dwarves died.

Turns out, most of my dwarves were wearing xxTrousersxx and threw them away.

Which means they got the super-bad-insanity-causing thought of "Was uncovered recently."

Which means they promptly went insane.

*sigh*

Yeaa..... you probably shouldn't include the "x" option if your dwarves are all in old rags. So not before you have a clothing industry worked out. Scattered is what clears ownership on clothes lying

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2013, 10:24:51 pm »

I had plenty of clothes.  It just turns out that the dwarf with 30+ clothes is more likely to grab the fresh pair of trousers than the dwarf who just reached maturity and doesn't have any.
Pages: 1 [2]