Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Archive of things that make you happy.  (Read 2078 times)

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
Archive of things that make you happy.
« on: September 17, 2013, 05:06:19 pm »

This thread is for lists of things that brighten your day, and that you wish to help brighten the days of others.

Rules:
1.) Nothing "Adult," (I really shouldn't have to say this).
2.) Nothing negative.
3.) Use a brief instruction or description where needed.
4.) When we get a lot of things, we can consolidate them if that works. Anyone can consolidate.
5.) No ads.
6.) If someone asks you to remove a link, then do it.
Others as needed.

I'll start.
1.) Star Trek Shows
http://www.cbs.com/shows/star_trek_voyager/video/NWEgEq0YYiqNxaVDnXyCLW84Vs_YgmSH/star-trek-voyager-concerning-flight
I've always loved Star Trek. CBS has all the episodes available for free on their website.
If you want to see other shows on CBS (including all the star trek shows), then hover your mouse over "shows." Sadly, Star Trek shows are all under "TV Classics." There are other shows like Big Bang Theory on there too. I'm pretty sure it's legit, because it's right on the network's site and you have to watch commercials.

2.) Order of the Stick (OotS webcomic)

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0919.html
A classic.

3.) Homestarrunner.com

http://www.homestarrunner.com/
Another classic cartoon webcomic.

4.) An interesting cover band/artist
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuM-wDolnMc&list=PL7A4D9C100657150E&index=32
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXYWDtXbBB0&list=PL7A4D9C100657150E
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 08:22:53 pm by Robot Parade Leader »

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
Re: Archive of things that make you happy.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 09:01:58 pm »

The one thing that makes me the most happy is escaping the world that we live in, and diving into the ones I can create in my mind.
Sit alone, blast some sort of music to set the mood for the days adventure in imagination.
And just THINK.
Make up a world.
What does it look like?
What happens in this world?
What inhabits it?
Is this world awesome?
If yes, hold onto it as a place to explore forever.
If no, keep it tucked away somewhere and make it better until it's perfect.
And this, my friends, is how I stay happy.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 11:12:38 pm »

Ponies!

Hedgehogs!

Pretty girls!

Unicorns!

Turning on the air conditioner so that it's really cold and then snuggling in warm blankets with a pretty girl!

And while I can't confirm from previous experience, I suspect that last one would work just as well if it were ponies or unicorns instead of a pretty girl. Not so sure about the hedgehogs though. Snuggling really requires something large enough to snuggle with. It's hard to cuddle a kitten, for example. You can pet them, but snuggles > pets.

Also...chocolate!

(And no cuddling with chocolate. That would be even less fun than cuddling hedgehogs.)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 11:25:26 pm »

1. Groovy basslines.

2. Comic books.

3. Alcohol.

3. Uh, old-fashioned architecture!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 11:30:54 pm »

(Can't think of anything good to add right now.)

(But I will say that, as someone who has had chocolate next to me when I've fallen asleep, it's not really that bad, as long as it's still in the wrapper it only gets a bit warm.)
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2013, 08:15:31 am »

Filling my face with cake OR liquorice (they don't mix well) makes me happy, and strangely enough, not fat. :U

Rayman Legends is one of the relatively few video games that can reliably bring a big shit-eating grin to my face, it's just such a happy and adventurous game without it rolling into diabetes at any point. That, and it's legitimately fun to play even after having completed almost every level, along with it being one of the most visually stunning games i've ever played. WITH A GLORIOUS SOUNDTRACK TO BOOT.

Speaking of the last two things, stunning visuals and glorious soundtracks also make me happy. I know gameplay is priority numero uno, but i also really enjoy it when the artists and musicians have gone balls out and made everything as pretty as they possibly can.

Oh, and actively trying to draw something as hideously overdetailed and ugly as i can is hella fun, rarely ever fails to make me smile.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2013, 09:06:09 am »

> The existence of other people.

> Being alive.

> Innately having the final choice in anything that you do.

> Seeing failures pile up so you can reach your successes.

> Seeing someone younger than you be happy at seeing you. Plus, if they run up and hug you.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2013, 09:41:20 am »

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2013, 10:32:10 am »

Actually yeah, I agree with Gamerlord, Not Safe for Work stuff isn't exactly what I'm going for here.

Not entirely sure how to phrase it, but look at the links I posted. Webcomics, music performances, TV shows.

A concrete weblink that you can view and share with others without worrying about it being .... Is objectionable the right word? Not really but I hope I'm making some sense. I don't know, just don't get anybody in trouble.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 10:38:22 am by Robot Parade Leader »

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2013, 12:16:49 pm »

It's a generic google search link. Do you people have safe search disabled? When I click it I mostly get girls in bikinis.

Still, rule 6 from the OP is noted. Are you asking me to remove it?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2013, 05:37:48 pm »

1.) Waking up an hour before I actually need to be awake (as long as I still get enough sleep). It's so quiet and peaceful when everybody else is asleep. Typically the only actual alone time I get during the day.

2.) Coffee. I think I might actually have a caffeine problem, but coffee in general makes me happy if I'm actually drinking it to enjoy rather than trying to stay conscious long enough to finish something.

3.) Extremely depressing stories that somehow have happy endings. The only example I can think of from the top of my head is Neon Genesis Evangelion (the original show anyway), but I'm sure others will know what I'm talking about and post further examples.

4.) Walking around in a quiet area. You'd be surprised how quiet it can be outside during certain times of the day. Leave the headphones at home and just go exploring without any real destination.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2013, 11:14:15 pm »

Extremely depressing stories that somehow have happy endings. The only example I can think of from the top of my
head is Neon Genesis Evangelion (the original show anyway), but I'm sure others will know what I'm talking about

Not very many though. Apparently most people thought Evangelion was a mech anime, and the original ending went over most of their heads. In fact, so many people misunderstood the end to Eva that there's a trope named after it.

Which is sad, because like you say, the original ending was not only joyful, it's probably the best cinematic portrayal of "All is One" spiritual love I've ever seen. You know how sometimes people say "Jesus loves you" and it comes across and rude and condescending? Evangelion's original ending was "God loves you" rendered honestly and without the condescension.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2013, 01:07:57 am »

When I click it I mostly get girls in bikinis.
To me, this would not be something I would want to see (which is why I didn't clink the link.)
I don't enjoy looking at half-naked people, (or completely naked people, for that matter) in fact, my grandpa sent me the video game Two Worlds 2, and I won't play it because of the overly revealing outfits in it, I know I'm weird for not wanting to see that, but that's just how I am, and I personally think more (married, at least) people should be like that.
And before someone wants to make a comment about that view and the fact that I'm married, I do enjoy looking at my wife, she is the sole exception to this rule.

I'm not condemning anyone who thinks differently, just stating my own views.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2013, 04:44:11 am »

. . .There's nothing wrong at all with your views O_o

It's your principles, and when you stand by your principles, that's something to admire in a person.

This is another happy thing--people who choose to stand by what they believe rather than follow what the crowd likes. Obviously this pertains to the universal good. :P

Another happy: Seeing your niece//younger relative grow up virtuous, and know that despite all your hardships in raising her or him or helping do such, it pays off.

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Archive of links to things that make you happy.
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2013, 05:16:34 pm »

I don't really care about removing it or not. I'm just concerned about the example it sets and if anybody does wanna put something ... more ... revealing up ... it just makes things complicated. I dunno.

More to the point though, this is somehow becoming the happy thread in life advice. I'm not sure how but it's probably my fault in one way or another.

#?). humor website
www.cracked.com
Some of the stuff here is better than others, but that's true of nearly anything.
Pages: [1] 2