Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: @)~~}~ Magia Exquisitis: The Mad King - OOC, Lookin' fer players~{~~(@  (Read 6076 times)

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, here's an OOC for it. My very own Magia campaign, isn't that just lovely. This game will be using the Magia Exquisitis system as created by Weirdsound, using a bit of my own homebrew.

For the uninitiated, Magia Exquisitis is a game of magic users. What makes it unique? The brutally spiteful dice, which absolutely loathes joy and happiness. Anyone interested in seeing what it's all about can go Here to the main thread of the "original" game run by Weirdsound. There are logs of sessions, links to the OOC, and good examples of what you can expect from the forum turn side of things.
Anyone interested in the game's actual systems can look Here on the wiki. There are currently a number of things missing from the wiki that I just can't fill in myself, so the empty holes will be filled by my own homebrew. The top bar should have links to everything you'd ever want.

Now has an IC thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=131346.0

Now, for anyone actually interested in joining the game, a few things come first. For starters, speak up about it. I can't run a game with no players. Secondly, fill out this application below. And third, what day and time(include timezone) would work best for you to participate in a session?(segments will be included in the application)

Application Sheet
Character Name: Duh

Class: (If you want to be a mystic or scribe, PM me about it first)
Magic Theme: What's the style behind your mage? Be as creative as you want, if I feel it's overpowered, I will contact you via PM and try to work something out.

Brief Background: I want a brief background of your character. It doesn't need to be long or amazing, you can expand on it later when you fill out the character sheet proper. It can just be a single paragraph of how your character entered the world of magic if you'd like.
Personality: What is your character like? This may impact the spells and features you receive.
Joining: How did your character get in contact with and end up joining Oracle(the organization you will be working for)? Can be whatever you want, but I'll be nitpicking this part for anything too over the top.

Your Best Meeting Time:
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 01:41:47 am by Lillipad »
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: @)~~}~ Magia Exquisitis: The Mad King - OOC and interest check ~{~~(@
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 06:39:08 pm »

As promised:

Application Sheet
Character Name: Farzaneh Taghvaei
Class: Cultist, Genesis Master
Magic Theme: Farzaneh is trained as a Chaos Alchemist. Though similar in basic theory to classical alchemy, Chaos Alchemists seek the Great Unbinding rather than the Magnum Opus; they liberate those around them by freeing themselves, rather than refining base matter into pure through spiritual refinement. Her main talent is in pyroalchemetry, the process of imbuing magic into matter and then liberating the magic through combustion, but that may be the result of having been trained by a Red Naga rather than any real native talent.
Brief Background: Farzaneh (Or "Farz" for short) was born to a wealthy mundane family in Bangladesh during the summer of 1984, the eldest of three. Due to political and later religious differences with her parents, she was often punished as a child. The fights grew worse and worse until an business partner of her father's offered to take her off his hands. Initially she feared for her life and her freedom, thinking she was to be married off to some old man. These fears were redoubled when she discovered that her father's "business parter" was not a man at all, but rather a Red Naga in disguise. In the end, her fears proved unfounded. The Naga, Majahalautil or "Majahal" for short, wanted neither a wife nor a meal, but an apprentice. Farzaneh was soon inducted into the Chaos Circle, taught to become a Chaos Alchemist and finally sent to [Insert Country The Game Takes Place In] to build her independence - a key trait for a Chaos Alchemist
Personality: Secular, modern and outgoing, Farzaneh is everything that her parents thought a girl ought not to be. While she doesn't go out of her way to upset people, she is a highly independent woman of strong convictions with a bit of a bossy streak.
Joining: Farzaneh joined up with Oracle shortly after arriving in [Insert Country], having sought them out for a job and the chance to apply her skills for the greater good.

My Best Meeting Time:
I cannot show up from 6PM to 11PM GMT time, Monday through Thursday. Any time after midnight GMT is great for most days, and I can go earlier on Fridays and weekends.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 08:21:13 pm »

Alright, that's one I suppose. I will be taking applications until Sunday the 22nd. If we get four or more before then, I will hold an introductory session, and will release the character sheet for people to work on filling out.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 09:58:42 pm »

Dibs on this spot.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 05:38:52 am »

Eh, with the other Magia taking a temporary nosedive...why not. And here's to making a char that just does damage.

Quote from: Application Sheet
Character Name: Alessandra Copperpot

Class: Internal Mage
Magic Theme: Alessandra is young, yet talented manipulator of force magic-she can cast dangerous projections at her enemies and manipulate things from afar. She has become proficient at fighting with weapons controlled by force, sometimes 'dancing' multiple weapons in unison. Yet, all these powers are at the behest of a greater force, one which is currently trapped in a small silver ring on her left hand-Alessandra herself actually has amazing reserves of magic innate for a practitioner of her level, but she is unable to control it-she risks literally tearing herself apart. She must goad her patron to help her accomplish these tasks.

Brief Background: Alessandra was born inundated with magical reserves-the product of experimental magical creation, ultimately. Unfortunately, her powers outstripped her bodies ability to regulate it. A stream of magic she released could quickly become a river, and the river lead to an ocean...thus, an irony. She had amazing potential, but was unable to use it without killing herself.

She lived a mundane life, too afraid to tap the power within-she was merely a young journalist traveling the world when she happened upon a genuinely cliched way of finding a way to control her magic-buying an 'enchanted' ring in a junk shop, that actually turned out to be really enchanted. The spirit held within was something close to a Djinn, an enigmatic being that is also something of a paradox, much like Alessandra herself-blessed with great powers, but utterly unable to escape her confinement by her own means. She could still form a bond with the then untested Alessandra, though...much like sisters, they've been bickering, plotting, and working together for mutual survival ever since, tied irrevocably together to the simple fact-Alessandra as of yet, cannot remove the ring unless the spirit allows her to do so, and the only way either of them know for the spirit to be free is for the one who bears the ring to take her place within it. Competing goals Alessandra-and the Spirit-are not keen to see the other accomplish.
Personality: A proud and strong woman. Tends to believe there's nothing she can't overcome. Something of a natural charmer.
Joining: The spirit in the ring actually contacted Oracle itself-offering up Alessandra as an excellent candidate. She was in no position to refuse, and is actually grateful for a chance to expand her knowledge. Not that she would admit that.
Your Best Meeting Time: Pretty much any day after midnight EST. Any earlier far reduces the chances of attending, any later greatly increases it.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 02:45:22 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2013, 06:49:13 am »

I will probably create a character for this
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2013, 07:02:03 am »

Yeah, would like to see you play Kansa.

This char is going to be a lot diff than Miles. I've learned a bit about our GM's...style.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2013, 01:11:19 pm »

Since the two largest offenders are here, I'll announce it now. I'm banning the description of food or eating meals. This isn't out of malice. Okay, it's a little out of malice, I lied. A lot. But that's beside the point. Just don't do it. Please, oh god, no.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2013, 01:42:26 pm »

@Lillipad: In mine and Kansa's defense, it was a massive lull in the game where nothing much was happening, not even forum turns. :P

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2013, 01:46:28 pm »

Ok I'll try not to go on any more dates :p

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2013, 03:43:29 pm »

Aww. And to think, I had a wonderfully written scene about sauerkraut written up...  :P

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2013, 08:08:36 pm »

Alright, so if Kansa gets an app up, and we have one more before Sunday, we'll likely have an introduction RP session on Friday or Saturday. There will be a couple of nostalgic features for returning players form the original original Magia.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2013, 02:29:20 pm »

Done with my character sorry it took so long

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2013, 06:42:49 pm »

One Alchemical Cultist, one Internal Force Mage and one Material Mage Assassin. A balanced enough party, I suppose.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2013, 10:06:50 am »

I'll put up a sheet soon. If anyone remembers what I'll be playing they'll get a cookie. As a hint it's a bard performance mage.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 10:08:24 am by ragnarok97071 »
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9