Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: THE PRINCES OF POWER 9000 MILITHOUSAND: SHENANIGANS IN ECONOMICS [4/9] [SIGNUPS]  (Read 1836 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello prince sir!

Today is a glorious day in the Most Serene Republic of Dollopstan. The Grand Prince is dead! A council has arosen in order to determine the next Grand Prince. A name commonly found on the lips of its wise men is Artim Bolochnov, the son of an industrial magnate and heir to his vast fortune.

The election will be concluded in twenty four months. In the interim, as is usual, the Grand Prince's wife will personally lead the regency council. Are you a bad enough dude to seize control of Dollopstan?

Spoiler: Signup data (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 03:32:29 pm by LordSlowpoke »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Name:  Glorious Attabar  (Yes, his first name is Glorious.  His parents had high hopes for him.)
Initial Industry:  Mining, Iron Ore
Region:  13
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 01:05:57 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

Name: A. A. Fenster
Initial Industry: Insurance
Region: 7

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Initial Industry:  Mining  (How specific do you need?  Metals, if it matters.)

The level of abstraction is rather simple - I need your end product. Yours in this instance would be metal ore. It'll be plugged into things and made into a business that had semi-random highs and lows in the system for the generation period, though semi-random as it will be skewed in order to keep market balance at game start and balance business sizes when it happens. If you wanted precious metals, you'd have to specify that, though. Or a specific metal, but there's no use for that beyond naming as the system will take it in as metal ore anyway. Or is there? We'll see.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Gotcha.  We'll go with iron ore (I'll edit) to make things sufficiently specific.

((I was tempted to say "cat mining" but that might be a bit silly)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Hohoho, this will work well if region 8 has no coastline. Also, I wanted to put Industry: DEATH.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 03:10:46 pm by lawastooshort »

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

Name:  Simon Keefe
Initial Industry:  Textiles
Region:  2
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

((1. A millithousand is one, so "POWER 9000 MILITHOUSAND" is equivalent to "POWER 9000".))

Spoiler: 2. (click to show/hide)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

apparently writing whole chains of supply from scratch is tough

not for me though, i'm handwaving things all the way (example: you pay less for energy when producing coal in comparison to producing energy from coal since it's assumed you use some of it to generate your own energy, can't have it too easy)

and gwg i'm well aware of that

anyway you guys take your time, polishing my notebook's writings will take a while - i barely wrote down the land mechanics so before i get to generating you guys should be bored of waiting (weekend at the latest)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I'd be willing to write out supply chains if you gave me example supplies/products.
For instance, a few closely-related items:
Spoiler: Example Chain (click to show/hide)

Just let me know how densely linked you want things.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I'd be willing to write out supply chains if you gave me example supplies/products.
For instance, a few closely-related items:
Spoiler: Example Chain (click to show/hide)

Just let me know how densely linked you want things.

thanks for the wish to get involved but i'm deriving a perverse pleasure from somehow calculating that a small ship would cost as much as ~3 square meters of land in a city center

if you want to help, tell me what you want to see as part of the "main framework"

oh man this system will be so fucking broken~

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Um. One thing I'd like to see in the framework is some sort of balance.

If we're ignoring that, then ideally you would be thorough, instead. You need to buy at least some tools to keep mining. You need coal, fuel, and clay to make crucible steel (if I'm recalling what I saw on a TV show a year or two ago correctly). You need steel, tools, and more coal to make swords, along with a skilled smith. And of course all these industries need food!
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Given that La and I are in here, you should probably account for arson, nudity, and widespread vomiting.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Given that La and I are in here, you should probably account for arson, nudity, and widespread vomiting.

let's see

clothes, check. grain spirits, check (though probably unnecessary), fire... hum. still grain spirits.

Um. One thing I'd like to see in the framework is some sort of balance.

If we're ignoring that, then ideally you would be thorough, instead. You need to buy at least some tools to keep mining. You need coal, fuel, and clay to make crucible steel (if I'm recalling what I saw on a TV show a year or two ago correctly). You need steel, tools, and more coal to make swords, along with a skilled smith. And of course all these industries need food!

i could copy the victoria 2 system on the weekend if it pleases you, but we'd have to stall the game even further if so

it's less fucked than anything i'm going to make with this number crunching anyway

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Victoria 2?
Sig
Pages: [1] 2