Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Nether - cataclysm style mmo -zombies  (Read 1505 times)

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
Nether - cataclysm style mmo -zombies
« on: September 17, 2013, 07:00:56 am »

Rock paper shotgun have done a few articles on this now and it looks really good.

The main premise is that it's a survival mmo but not copying anything and is completely it's own thing. You are in a large city and the environment will mostly be urban ( so no long stretches of fields being bored getting from A to B ) and the enemy's are not only other players but demons which can teleport.

Main website: http://playnether.com/

Pc gamer did an excellent first look at the game which describes a lot about it, there is to much to put here, the feature is 2 pages long: http://m.pcgamer.com/2013/08/15/new-survival-mmo-nether-wants-you-to-be-afraid-but-not-alone-in-a-broken-city/

Rock paper shotgun have recently released some videos on it: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/09/17/video-explosion-meet-nether-phosphors-dayz-killer/

I'm really looking forward to the game and have signed up for it already. Seems like we could have something really good here.
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

AVE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nether - cataclysm style mmo -zombies
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 08:13:07 am »

PTW. So scary...

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 08:40:07 am »

Watched the videos. looks decent

PTW

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 09:10:39 am »

I thought the title of this thread meant there were going to be zombies in this game, not realizing you meant minus :P

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 09:26:25 am »

Yeah I meant that as a minus the zombies haha :P

Also I saw some of the YouTube comments this looks nothing like warZ.

So long as the game is not free to play and you buy it once and that's it I think it will do well I don't really want any microtrans stuff
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2013, 09:54:45 am »

I must say, im not excited for this one i really dont see the apeal but i might be wrong.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2013, 11:42:50 am »

This looks ambitious. I always severely doubt the dev's team of achieving their goals (See: DayZ) but I'm cautiously optimistic. The dev team seems to take themselves very seriously ... or they paid a good amount for media presentation. Still, curious and will follow it.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.