Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Kingdom wars: the Rebuilding of Civilization and Empires [SG, updated 25/9]  (Read 3669 times)

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: GM note (click to show/hide)

You are now proclaimed king as you united three tribes in your area. Before you start to govern your realm as king, please fill up this sheet:

Your Name:
Kingdom Name:
Describe your three provinces (and if possible anything immediately beyond):
What your tribe is famous for: (2 technologies like Archery or Walls or Bilingual Administration)
And what is home province is famous for: (some special goods)
When you were young what your education background: (Scholarly, Fighting, Court, Espionage, or Religious)
Name a main figure in your court:
What is his education background: (Scholarly, Fighting, Court, Espionage, or Religious)

Spoiler: Your kingdom (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 02:52:57 pm by evilcherry »

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kingdom wars: the Rebuilding of Civilization and Empires [SG]
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 03:27:23 am »

reserved for mechanics

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 03:27:46 am »

I genuinely hope that I need not use this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 07:09:52 am »

High fantasy, low fantasy, or historical fiction?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 07:26:06 am »

High fantasy, low fantasy, or historical fiction?
I tend to prefer my background as "largely mundane".
i.e. I'm okay with non-exotic fantasy races, but I don't really like magicians raining fireballs on a daily basis.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2013, 07:28:00 am »

~Low Fantasy, then.

Alright, let me get some time to ruminate...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2013, 07:45:18 am »

My name is Garrick Royson, of the Kimkoa Tribe. I recently united them with the Gorezpat Tribe and the Urdinaka Tribe. The Kimkoa are famed for their alchemal* and medical knowledge, surpassing that of all others, as well as their homeland's rich soils; the Gorezpat are renowned for their warriors, who will never flee a battle nor yield while they have an ounce of strength; and the Urdinaka are well-known for their hunters and marksmanship, gained by intensive training of all Urdinaka boys as they become men.
When I was young, my main education was in matters of court, how to lie while telling the truth, how to bind the disparate, how do use words to turn enemies into friends. A major figure in my court is Alden Rorikson, the head of the local religion, which reveres Abiekia the Sun and Jakilargi the Moon.

*If there is actual magic in alchemy, okay; if not, just assume it's like real-world alchemy (ie, little but a precursor to chemistry).

Does this work? And does anyone have any other ideas?
Sig

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2013, 08:20:03 am »

GWG: I think you get two famous things, rather than alchemy, medicine, rich soil, warriors, and hunter marksmen. Otherwise you've just got boosts to pretty much everything.

So this is one-character suggestion, rather than multiple players? Imperium Renovatoo gave me the impression there'd be multiple players. Maybe I was wrong. Hmm.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2013, 08:21:29 am »

1. The tribe gets two things, the province one.
2. The stuff for the other tribes can just be flavor. I wanted to give at least a little substance to the two other tribes.
Sig

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2013, 09:07:49 am »

GWG: I think you get two famous things, rather than alchemy, medicine, rich soil, warriors, and hunter marksmen. Otherwise you've just got boosts to pretty much everything.

So this is one-character suggestion, rather than multiple players? Imperium Renovatoo gave me the impression there'd be multiple players. Maybe I was wrong. Hmm.
Because the main point of this game is to polish the system for the mp game (and possibly act as a kind of ad).

Its okay as long as it don't make too many distinct and special bonuses which I have to write rules for.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2013, 02:06:45 pm »

Kimkoa, then. Writing things up. It is now draining my energy; hope that the real game will be less hard because of this.

Map of the area.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2013, 02:09:58 pm »

Looks good. Remember that your map can be used for mp, with a little modification. The important thing is for running something liek this is that it shouldn't feel like a chore.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2013, 02:14:42 pm »

Looks good. Remember that your map can be used for mp, with a little modification. The important thing is for running something liek this is that it shouldn't feel like a chore.
Actually updates aren't a chore. Writing rules and all stuff out is tiring, and its 3am here.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2013, 02:19:52 pm »

Three questions.

1. What did you use to make that?
2. What do the symbols mean?
3. Why are you staying up until 3 or after?
Sig

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2013, 02:30:04 pm »

Three questions.

1. What did you use to make that?
2. What do the symbols mean?
3. Why are you staying up until 3 or after?
1. Hexographer.
2. Nothing for the moment, just flavour. Maybe useful for military planning though.
3. Because I've been dancing on the keyboard for a few hours. Now I need good sleep.
Pages: [1] 2 3