Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Nether-Cap !!SCIENCE!!  (Read 3901 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nether-Cap !!SCIENCE!!
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2013, 12:48:27 pm »

"Urist IV, do you copy?"

"...Bit of static, but we've got you, overseer."

"Do you have visual, Urist IV? Where's your team?"

"The drop scattered us, overseer. Urist V and Urist II are here, but the others are somewhere off in this blazing expanse."

"Urist IV? You're breaking up, do you copy?"

"...It's beautiful, overseer. We've found it--. We've--. Urist II, watch o--. This place... Is -- Murder-- We found it, overseer... We found-- ... ... ... Maglantis--"

Someone should make Maglantis and then indundate it with the magma sea.

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nether-Cap !!SCIENCE!!
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2013, 03:29:19 pm »

Someone should make Maglantis and then indundate it with the magma sea.

You should maybe read up on this thread. Fort of clear glass domes built directly on semi-molten rock, linked by clear glass tunnels, also featuring a roc hatchery dome, a resident necromancer for archery training, underground plants on the semi-molten rock, and surface plants farmed in hell.

As to nether-cap minecarts disappearing in magma, I'm not completely convinced yet, but I'll be able to do my own testing soon enough. The other duplicate thread had someone mention nether-cap items being safe in magma, and there is a know bug with items (sometimes?) seemingly disappearing, but still visible in stocks, when in magma/flowing water/ice. I had that bug with a bunch of invader/giant toad mount skeletons/body parts that were in my river, just a while ago. This affects iron/steel minecarts as well, and was also experienced in e.g. WanderingKid's recent videos featuring a minecart grinder with magma body part disposal (in undead biome; it's the single pick challenge): an iron minecart disappeared into the magma. Dfhack autodump can at least destroy items like that (mark for dumping from stocks menu), probably also move them out of their invisible status.
Pages: 1 [2]