Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 280

Author Topic: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress  (Read 856562 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #3030 on: August 14, 2018, 08:09:55 am »

Yes! There is a work management one that is super important so you can have a designated cleaner and avoid getting -2000 mood modifiers because nobody ever cleans anything. It is the most important thing of all. I'll look it up as soon as I get on my computer.
Love, scriver~

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: August 14, 2018, 08:26:18 am »

Yes! There is a work management one that is super important so you can have a designated cleaner and avoid getting -2000 mood modifiers because nobody ever cleans anything. It is the most important thing of all. I'll look it up as soon as I get on my computer.
Fluffy's work tab? It's a great mod but you can always have designated cleaner by making it a pawn's highest priority.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: August 14, 2018, 08:42:48 am »

Are there any particular mods that I should have installed?

check out mods from here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=848841459

they don't change rimworld radically*, just add convenience features and control pages

*except combat, I like weapon to be dangerous. it's balanced by "death rattle" which changes most death into severe comas.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: August 14, 2018, 09:04:11 am »

Fluffy's work tab? It's a great mod but you can always have designated cleaner by making it a pawn's highest priority.

Yes, that was it. Maybe I'm remembering wrong but I had huge issues with cleaning and eventually I used that mod to solve them, as far as I remember. I can't recall much how the game was before using it, it is ubiquitoteusus to me now.

Link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=725219116

Other mods I would recommend after a quick look through my modlist:

Stack Merger: Basically makes sure your colonists do proper stockpile maintenance and prevents instances of you having fifty piles of "2xSimple Meal" instead of one pile of 99.

Quality Builder: Allows you to set whether you want things to be built by only to most skilled colonist or anyone with the labour enabled, and lets you set a particular quality requirement for built objects. It automates a lot of otherwise frustrating construct/deconstruct/reconstruct spam for important objects.

Vegetable Garden: Adds groovy growy stuff, in case you enjoy that stuff. There's like a ton of different submods now. Don't know what is necessary and what is overflow. I think the linked one is the core stuff.

Moveable Sandbags: Because wasting steel is a waste (why is sandbags even made of steel, that's complete nonsense, there's probably mods out there to make sandbags be made out of sand but I prefer this one)

Hospitality: Allows you to steal colonists from friendly visitors by assaulting them with a barrage of friendship

More Furniture: Just more furniture for your furnishing needs. Iirc some of the furniture in this mod was a bit OP compared to vanilla furniture, mood modifier-wise.

There was also a combat mod I enjoyed but iirc it changed name or project or something. I'm not sure.
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: August 14, 2018, 09:33:10 am »

Thanks guys, I’ll check ‘em out.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: August 14, 2018, 10:01:13 am »

Yes, that was it. Maybe I'm remembering wrong but I had huge issues with cleaning and eventually I used that mod to solve them, as far as I remember. I can't recall much how the game was before using it, it is ubiquitoteusus to me now.

Link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=725219116

Other mods I would recommend after a quick look through my modlist:

Stack Merger: Basically makes sure your colonists do proper stockpile maintenance and prevents instances of you having fifty piles of "2xSimple Meal" instead of one pile of 99.

Quality Builder: Allows you to set whether you want things to be built by only to most skilled colonist or anyone with the labour enabled, and lets you set a particular quality requirement for built objects. It automates a lot of otherwise frustrating construct/deconstruct/reconstruct spam for important objects.

Vegetable Garden: Adds groovy growy stuff, in case you enjoy that stuff. There's like a ton of different submods now. Don't know what is necessary and what is overflow. I think the linked one is the core stuff.

Moveable Sandbags: Because wasting steel is a waste (why is sandbags even made of steel, that's complete nonsense, there's probably mods out there to make sandbags be made out of sand but I prefer this one)

Hospitality: Allows you to steal colonists from friendly visitors by assaulting them with a barrage of friendship

More Furniture: Just more furniture for your furnishing needs. Iirc some of the furniture in this mod was a bit OP compared to vanilla furniture, mood modifier-wise.

There was also a combat mod I enjoyed but iirc it changed name or project or something. I'm not sure.

One feature of Fluffy's worktab is assigning job priorities based on time of day, setting EVERYONE'S cleaning priority really high at a specified clean-up time is pretty handy.

The combat mod is probably Combat Extended which used to be Combat Realism. It's a great mod, combat is scary because getting shot really sucks. Guns are totally rebalanced and require ammunition (this can be turned on or off)and reloading. 

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: August 14, 2018, 10:11:05 am »

The combat mod is probably Combat Extended which used to be Combat Realism. It's a great mod, combat is scary because getting shot really sucks. Guns are totally rebalanced and require ammunition (this can be turned on or off)and reloading.

I don't personally like combat extended because ammo management and the associated busywork in general is very rimworld-unlike

I'm using this combo instead:
deadly weapons
melee rebalance
suppression mechanics

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: August 14, 2018, 10:24:09 am »

I don't personally like combat extended because ammo management and the associated busywork in general is very rimworld-unlike

I'm using this combo instead:
deadly weapons
melee rebalance
suppression mechanics

I can't stand ammo either, have you tried turning it off? CE adds some cool mechanics, like deciding whether your pawns are firing semi-automatic, burst, or full automatic. You can also set whether hey're shooting quickly, aiming carefully, or suppressing the enemy. There's also a host of new turrets including manned machine guns, a huge anti-tank guns, and an automatic grenade launcher. Explosions throw shrapnel now but if that doesn't make mortars terrifying enough you can give someone binoculars and have them spot targets for them so their more accurate based on the spotters aiming skill.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: August 14, 2018, 11:07:16 am »

I also turned off ammo when I used it.
Love, scriver~

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: August 14, 2018, 11:55:43 am »

didn't know they added that

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: August 15, 2018, 05:01:59 am »

well not busywork for me but for pawns  :P

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: August 15, 2018, 05:51:53 am »

If you like a cleanish map ammo gives you absolute hell, everyone shows up with multiple kinds and the different varieties devour stockpile space despite the big stacks.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: August 15, 2018, 11:24:00 am »

yeah same with meat and leather, the mod that patch/mince them together (with a reduction in value of course) are a godsend

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: August 15, 2018, 01:34:44 pm »

yeah same with meat and leather, the mod that patch/mince them together (with a reduction in value of course) are a godsend
Veggiemix consolidates plant ingredients. Leather's been reworked in the beta so that there are fewer types and they're broken down into their properties rather than having a type for every animal, consolidating them is going vanilla too.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: August 15, 2018, 02:26:35 pm »

Sweet, that's one of those things I've always wondered why they didn't already do (same for DF, even if Animal Type Good has a little bit more memetic status in the DF-sphere). It seems it would be less convoluted to have like, 3-5 different kinds of leather, depending on say thickness, and then however many special case leather types one might add to that.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 280