Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 280

Author Topic: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress  (Read 856655 times)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
Re: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #2835 on: December 26, 2017, 03:48:08 pm »

Didn't realize how many of my colonists had chemical interest. They kept snorting yayo and then almost dying because they were too high to collapse after they overdosed. I moved all of our hard drugs to a room in the hospital and then with the locking doors mod set the door to be openable only by my doctors.

Edit: Never had this happen before, I just got a chased refugee who turned out to be the chief of a neighboring tribe. He's a human but they're a tribe of elephant men, I'm sure it's a mod oversight but he's wearing an odd headdress and I choose to believe they finally noticed he didn't have tusks.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 04:54:19 pm by Broseph Stalin »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: December 26, 2017, 06:24:06 pm »

I have usually have a designated sheriff with a shitty club to go arrest them/beat them into submission should they try to go on a binge.

That being said, storing hard drugs is just not worth the effort IMO.  Having even a single unit will cause people with chemical fascination to have mental breaks, if nothing else its annoying.

Edit: Also, you know... trying to arrest a colonist who's taken go-juice, possibly a risky plan of action.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 10:00:00 pm by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: December 26, 2017, 07:44:53 pm »

Yeah I usually burn them, in this case I'm running a psychoid farm.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: December 26, 2017, 08:07:44 pm »

Edit: Never had this happen before, I just got a chased refugee who turned out to be the chief of a neighboring tribe. He's a human but they're a tribe of elephant men, I'm sure it's a mod oversight but he's wearing an odd headdress and I choose to believe they finally noticed he didn't have tusks.
Amazing. It's always great when you can fill in the blanks with stories like this. :))   

Personally, I often end up just turning my colonies into a large-scale psychoid operation, churning out tonnes of yayo and flake for both trading and colonist use. The only time I really had problems with that was that one time I didn't realise I had no haulers re-fuelling the generator for our indoor farm and all the crops died, and by the time I realised, fixed the issue and sowed more we were perilously low on drugs... never mind the various berserk moments and what-not that resulted from withdrawals (I wish there was a mod that made berserk pawns use ranged weapons!), by the time drug production started up again all my addicts had a vastly lower tolerance and were getting knocked on their arses by their usual dosage. >.>
Whoops. Haven't done a colony like that in a while, probably should at some point. Fun times.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: December 27, 2017, 09:55:47 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmLLwK6ckaA
It's going to be the best invasion ever. Great invasion. We're going to build a wall to keep the pirates out, and the tribals are gonna pay for it.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: December 28, 2017, 03:54:01 am »

Playing with the animal races mod. I decided to use dev tools to spawn two dozen animal people and give them all running wild mental breaks. I got so engrossed in watching them survive that it's been a while since I looked at my actual colony. Once they ran out of their starting pemmican and picked the map clean of shrubs they started battling for food. They're racing each other to morsels of nourishment and it gets a little nasty some times.

A few excerpts:

A 14 year old wolf girl who didn't follow the rest of the mob to forage, instead she followed an elderly moose man around as an unlikely friend. He was too frail to find food for himself and starved to death. The moment he did she was right there to gnaw off his legs, becoming the only well fed animal person on the map. Sadly she wasn't much of a fighter and got too close to a berserker. She was sliced to ribbons with a knife and left to bleed to death after which her legs were eaten in a tasteful illustration of the circle of life. 

Heron, was an exceptionally clever lynx man who realized the frightening number of cougars infesting the woods were just another resource to the careful survivalist. Instead of getting involved in nine man foot races over two or three handfuls of underripe raspberries or trying his luck facing wild boars in single combat he decided to follow the cougars around and poach their kills after they did all the work. He cleverly snuck up on a pair of them as they slept and gorged himself on a boar carcass they'd taken earlier in the day. Then in an act of utter brilliance he went to sleep beside them. When the two cougars woke up they were quite hungry, and wouldn't you know it- their leftovers were gone! He was ripped apart and eaten.

Berserkers usually wound a few people, stab a couple bunnies, and then pick a fight with a cougar and bleed to death. Comaro is a beserker who does with the plasteel shiv what Mozart pretended to do with the piano. His ability to score fatal blows with his weapon of choice borders on the supernatural, he stabbed a cougar in the brain, he stabbed a bear man in the brain vegetating him with a single thrust, he got bored with brain stabbing and went ahead and hit the next victim in the liver, then went for a heart shot on the last one. He dropped four of his fellow beastfolk and a mountain lion before superior weaponry won the day and iklwa ripped out his throat.

Stricken with hunger Binga the bear man tried to hunt a wild boar with his spear. Robert Baratheon got off easy, Binga is bleeding to death in the dirt having been castrated by the boar.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 04:01:15 am by Broseph Stalin »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: December 28, 2017, 03:09:51 pm »

A bear ripped off a colonist's neck earlier.  A little bit later I ordered someone to gather up the bodies (this was a particularly annoying bear) and I noticed that the character sprite was missing a head.  Impressive attention to detail there.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: December 28, 2017, 04:52:44 pm »

Thats from the last patch, I think.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: December 28, 2017, 08:50:18 pm »

Nah, it's definitely been like that for a while. Coupla versions at least.

I really wish I could find a simple mod that made repairing a separate job from construction (preferably lower priority?) without making any other major changes.
Don't suppose anyone knows of such a mod? Seems like it would be fairly easy to make... also a mod that makes tasks using a skill actually, y'know, train the skill would be nice.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: December 29, 2017, 10:27:42 am »

So I play the game with some 40+ mods active, amongst them Hospitality, the Android race/faction and the Polarisbloc Security Force faction.
The Androids and the Security Force also hate each others guts in my current world.
I got visited by the Security Forces faction leader, a 18 year old girl with rather hilariously high social, medicine and shooting skills (I was seriously thinking about trying to recruit her and taking the hit to faction relations), who was hanging around my colony for a few days, chatting up everybody and making friends. Moments before she decides to leave an Android caravan arrives. As the girl leaves the south gate and walks through my killbox she crosses paths with the Androids, to my surprise no one does anything hostile and a lot of speech bubbles with waving hands (at least thats how I always interpreted that one) show up, she passes the caravan and seconds before she reaches the exit of my killbox all the Androids stop and open fire at her, but she rounds the corner just in time for every shot to miss, then she keeps walking nonchalantly towards the map border as if nothing happened.

In my headcanon she opened that door saw that huge group of hostiles and then combined the most epic example of a bavarian fire drill and some legendary bluff rolls to smile, wave and talk her way past all of them, only to power walk out of sight under a hailstorm of bullets.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: December 29, 2017, 03:43:31 pm »

What a badass.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: December 30, 2017, 01:58:52 pm »

Now I bet you wish you really had recruited her!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: December 30, 2017, 02:47:04 pm »

Might have the chance in the future, sometimes guests come back. Once I recruited a guest with nice traits and skills without noticing she was 70+ and riddled with horrible health conditions. I arrested her and let the door open so she'd leave the map. She came back with another visitor group, still had "recruit" ticked from last time, and rejoined the colony only to be immediately banished again.

Playing with custom death randomness, death rattle, and combat extended. Weapons are more dangerous, 0% chance of creature or pawn dying instantly upon going down, and you can live a short time with an organ destroyed. The result is that battlefields are riddled with dying people. On that not note: what a battle. Got a caravan from the bear men faction at the same time as a caravan from a caravan from the fox men faction (Beast Man Tribes). Turns out their not on such good terms. 3 dead, 3 wounded and recovering, one left to die in the forest. Turned the uncleaned guest bedrooms in the saloon into a hospital but I exhausted most of the medicine saving one of our horses and one of my two skilled doctors is off selling whiskey 5 days away. I had to make the entire colony doctors to do some no medicine healing. I have some bandages but I have to save them for all the amputations it's going to take to fix my non-doctors fuckups.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 04:52:43 pm by Broseph Stalin »

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: February 17, 2018, 03:53:05 am »

*CABL cast Thread Resurrection*

So, I'm severely hooked on Rimworld as of right now, and I also finally decided to try out Rimsenal mod. It'll be a long way through the research tree to these weapons, but I would like to know which are the best or most fun to use.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: February 17, 2018, 04:14:41 am »

What are some good mods to make this game harder? Vanilla is far too easy even on the max difficulty.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 280