Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 280

Author Topic: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress  (Read 856690 times)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Re: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #2820 on: December 14, 2017, 02:07:22 am »

My bodies are disposed of via molotov.

Also, are two-four thrumbo supposed to come at once? With ten soldiers armed to the teeth no amount of thrumbo can threaten me anymore, so having 2+ thrumbo wander on at a time seems a little... Too profitable? Too easy? Cheap? Hell at one point we have one tamed from being healed, before slaughtering it for eating all my healroot patch.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 02:10:53 am by StagnantSoul »
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: December 14, 2017, 03:29:22 am »

before slaughtering it for eating all my healroot patch.

I tough they were tagged to eat trees like alphabeavers

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: December 14, 2017, 03:34:22 am »

Not if you go in and remove dendrovore from it. I mod a bunch of the base game, just little changes here and there to make some things less annoying.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: December 14, 2017, 04:29:32 am »

Why burn the bodies when you can butcher them and process them into chemfuel?

Honestly, regular raids keep the lights on in my bases

Same thing applies to prisoners btw... if their skill set is not good enough to offset the benefits of sacrificing them to the Great Old Ones and then refining the corpses, they're usually in trouble
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: December 14, 2017, 04:41:11 am »

Cause I already have enough chemfuel from two boomalopes and a couple drills... I have I think 7k in stock. I regularily call in traders to sell all of it for silver to call in more to sell more.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: December 14, 2017, 05:40:27 am »

When tamed, they prefer to eat fried meat half of the time.  ::)
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #2826 on: December 14, 2017, 02:02:37 pm »

Also, are two-four thrumbo supposed to come at once?
I've gotten at least 2 to show at once in vanilla a version or two back. A single one was more common, but two wasn't rare.
More than that was, but yea, I think it topped out at four, and that had to have been less than 1 in 10 times that they appeared.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: December 14, 2017, 02:54:08 pm »

Y'all need to learn to use animal areas.  Tamed animals won't eat anything outside their area even if they're starving.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: December 14, 2017, 10:22:31 pm »

I use them to keep the chickens and iguanas separate, no real reason just feel like it.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: December 14, 2017, 11:22:10 pm »

I really need to learn how to mod in custom races.  This game is so much more interesting with Argonians and some fox people whose name I forget but there just seems to be so few race mods.  I love the diversity, and I would think I'd find at least the basic dwarves elves orcs and whatnot.  And maybe even a few of those races I always find in other games like Avali or Sergal but nope, nothing.  Hell the avali background of needing bionics just to survive outside their homeworld actually has a system in place for it in Rimworld, unlike Starbound.

Is it just particularly hard to mod races in rimworld or something?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 11:24:43 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: December 15, 2017, 03:24:45 am »

I have a mod that adds "animal people" in my subscribed list, but I haven't actually used it yet. Apparently they're like tribes or something.
There are quite a few extra race mods floating around that I've seen... I think at least a few are reliant on combat extended, though, which obviously isn't updated yet.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: December 15, 2017, 04:20:38 am »

I haven't attempted modding Rimworld races yet, just tweaking animals etc, it's modding doesn't seem that hard so sometime I could check out race modding. No sprite artist, at all, so not able to make them look orcy/elfy/etc.

BlackSmokeDMax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: December 15, 2017, 10:14:17 pm »

I really need to learn how to mod in custom races.  This game is so much more interesting with Argonians and some fox people whose name I forget but there just seems to be so few race mods.  I love the diversity, and I would think I'd find at least the basic dwarves elves orcs and whatnot.  And maybe even a few of those races I always find in other games like Avali or Sergal but nope, nothing.  Hell the avali background of needing bionics just to survive outside their homeworld actually has a system in place for it in Rimworld, unlike Starbound.

Is it just particularly hard to mod races in rimworld or something?

Perhaps take a look at this mod and see how she did her Cat People:  https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=22336.0

It also uses the Alien Framework mod, which is a basework for easier adding of new races I believe: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=839005762 (github link on steam page)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 11:58:05 am by BlackSmokeDMax »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: December 16, 2017, 03:30:26 pm »

There's also a faction discovery mod that lets you discover new factions during play.  It lets you swap in races without starting a new game.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 04:47:38 pm by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: December 17, 2017, 07:36:19 am »

There's also a faction discovery mod that let's you discover new factions during play.  It let's you swap in races without starting a new game.
Really? Okay, that sounds awesome. Time to install a shit tonne of races and forget about them. :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 280