Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 280

Author Topic: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress  (Read 856724 times)

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
Re: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #2760 on: August 31, 2017, 04:24:16 pm »

Vanilla/Stock, no. No operations available for animals.
There's a few mods that do add that, though the names elude me at the moment.
Try searching for "animal surgery" or "animal operation" on workshop/nexus.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: August 31, 2017, 04:52:08 pm »

What the. What. What is this. Is this a trap?

A local village wants 292 potatoes, in exchange, they'll give me... A legendary sniper rifle. I have 1821 in storage right now. Is this a trap? Will they shank me when I come in? Why would they give me that for a measly batch of potatoes? Thank you randy random, off to collect my sniper rifle!

Well, it wasn't a trap. We've now got a 100% accuracy weapon. Well. Thanks? I feel like I ripped those guys off.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 05:21:58 pm by StagnantSoul »
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: August 31, 2017, 07:38:13 pm »

A local village wants 292 potatoes, in exchange, they'll give me... A legendary sniper rifle. I have 1821 in storage right now. Is this a trap? Will they shank me when I come in? Why would they give me that for a measly batch of potatoes? Thank you randy random, off to collect my sniper rifle!

Well, it wasn't a trap. We've now got a 100% accuracy weapon. Well. Thanks? I feel like I ripped those guys off.

Well, think about all those times you're sitting on a pile of valuable shit and everyone's starving because you're out of food.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: August 31, 2017, 07:50:55 pm »

Well, think about all those times you're sitting on a pile of valuable shit and everyone's starving because you're out of food.

True, at times even 10 potatoes would feel like a godsend.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: September 01, 2017, 04:28:01 am »

Lucky, lucky you.Last time i bothered with those quests, they give me mere excellent hunting rifle for... 300?400?500?600? don't remember berries.
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: September 01, 2017, 06:02:25 am »

Behold! The results of six hours of continuous play, my first fully completed (mostly) self sufficient base. We had some food problems there for a while, due to having 7 elephants and 4 muffalo, along with ten cats that wandered on map uninvited. We've since trimmed down to no muffallo, one ele, one rhino, and eight iguanas. The elephants and muffalo sure served to their fullest, though. Trained the elephants to fight, and went around with two snipers and two miners, releasing the elephants onto my enemies during raids while the snipers pick off anyone dangerous from a distance, and the miners grab all the steel/silver/gold/jade/plasteel they can out of the walls while the battle goes on. Take food from corpses and pirate stores, move onto the next raid, and go until you only have good stuff to come back with. Two of the miners actually had to fight after a while, as we only had two elephants left. Had the snipers give them cover and take out guys as they sprayed with SMGs, though at one point was microing them through and found the enemy armory. Closed the door and loaded them up with LMGs, a nice surprise when they opened the doors.  :P We actually got power armor helmets and a ton of good weapons like charge rifles and chain shotguns, even an exc minigun that's serving as good tribal crowd control. We've actually spent very little time in the base, just had three guys building and maintining it the whole time while the caravan went on raids. We did lose one miner to a lunatic with a shotgun, blasted his head off... Though in repayment the sniper shot his own head off. We've successfully hunted three thrumbos too, they're not as tough as I thought once you point enough charge rifles at them. Tomorrow I'll go about clearing out the two ancient dangers on the map, sadly both are pretty small but one's sticking out the side of my base like a tumour. I think once these guys die off I'm going to get some mods to try out and play with, hopefully someone adds gems so I can have pretty stuff.

How would you rate my first base /10?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: September 01, 2017, 07:36:19 am »

10/10, you are now the militant desert raiders of everyone's worst nightmares. Would crush your enemies, see them driven before me, and hear the lamentation of their women again.

The air-conditioner situation looks a little... power using, though. Are those really sending hot air into the room some other ones are chilling? You should probably try out ventilation.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 07:38:06 am by scriver »
Love, scriver~

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: September 01, 2017, 07:42:17 am »

Ah, that's because the base started as just some rooms against a hill, then wider rooms against a hill, then houses beside those, then a garden above that, then all those connected by floors, then some extra storage rooms added along the back before the wall and sandbags were in place. It'd be frustrating to rejig all my cooling systems, though the ones added on two the two main rooms extra is just because heat waves keep coming...

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: September 01, 2017, 08:12:18 am »

Ah, that's because the base started as just some rooms against a hill, then wider rooms against a hill, then houses beside those, then a garden above that, then all those connected by floors, then some extra storage rooms added along the back before the wall and sandbags were in place. It'd be frustrating to rejig all my cooling systems, though the ones added on two the two main rooms extra is just because heat waves keep coming...
Your base looks small enough that you can get rid of AC units that exhaust into the indoor structure and replace them with vents.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: September 01, 2017, 08:19:27 am »

Your base looks small enough that you can get rid of AC units that exhaust into the indoor structure and replace them with vents.

I'll give it a shot later today. If everyone starts dying of heatstroke, probably gonna cry. Or grunt angrily at the screen. Either or.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: September 01, 2017, 08:33:26 am »

* scriver chuckles evilly and removes a face mask as he walks away, revealing himself to be the son of the leader of one of the raised settlements
Love, scriver~

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: September 01, 2017, 08:46:07 am »

I'll give it a shot later today. If everyone starts dying of heatstroke, probably gonna cry. Or grunt angrily at the screen. Either or.
Dusters, camelhair is good Muffalo wool is better. Walk pole to pole and never notice a change in temperature.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: September 01, 2017, 09:14:10 am »

I've certainly got a lot of muffalo wool, its a third of my textiles. Will that cover seven people in dusters?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: September 01, 2017, 09:44:19 am »

I've certainly got a lot of muffalo wool, its a third of my textiles. Will that cover seven people in dusters?
I think so, if it doesn't you can make some dusters out of other materials. Dusters and Cowboy hats help keep pawns cool, they are as important in hot regions as jackets and parkas are in cold regions. Muffalo wool is the best insulator in both directions but anything works.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: September 01, 2017, 09:51:12 am »

I think so, if it doesn't you can make some dusters out of other materials. Dusters and Cowboy hats help keep pawns cool, they are as important in hot regions as jackets and parkas are in cold regions. Muffalo wool is the best insulator in both directions but anything works.

Not sure what I thought dusters were for, but it definitely wasn't insulation. Thanks!
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 280