Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 280

Author Topic: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress  (Read 856755 times)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Re: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #2745 on: August 30, 2017, 08:09:15 pm »

Ah, so it's not useful till the end... Ohwell, least I have one pretty early. We're currently experiencing a toxic fallout, thankfully all I had to do was shut the main door. How long does this last? It's already been a week, the ibex who wandered onto the map are already downed. It also killed some tribal raiders, thankfully, didn't have any turrets set up yet to deal with them.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: August 30, 2017, 09:17:32 pm »

Damn dude, why are you so much better at the game than me already?!
I've gone on maybe one raid since the feature went in... I think I usually get too attached to my colonists and end up just waiting for a time when we're well-equipped enough to go raiding without too much danger - and such a time rarely ever comes before we get thrown into disarray by natural disasters or infighting or whatever else. :P

Speaking of infighting, a leading cause of that is food - goddamn it is hard to get enough food output. I have three stoves (one of which is supposed to be used by prisoners, but I don't have any captive cooks at the moment), at least two of which are normally in use, but still we never have a surplus. My one fully-dedicated cook just put himself in a drug coma with his flake habit, too, so now other, less skilled or more-important, cooks will have to pick up the slack. ::)   

I think I need to radically rearrange my food stockpiles to increase efficiency or something. I really, really wish it was possible to set an ingredient radius on stockpiles like you can on workshops... is there a mod that makes that possible? Or even just one that lets you assign a specific stockpile for a workshop's output. :-\   

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: August 30, 2017, 09:39:16 pm »

I learn games very fast, DF took me two weeks which is my record for longest, and I'd still not call myself that good at it.

Welp, third colony died off. Some raiders destroyed all our geo thermals and solar panels, all we had was the batteries on the inside and one wood furnace.... With no wood stockpile. Went outside for a bit to fight them off, when suddenly everyone hit the floor except for Blur, my only non combat colonist... Who can't rescue. Rip. Onto the fourth, now I'll know not to open random buildings under the mountain till I have good weapons. Going to try a lost tribe start, hopefully it's harder than the trader, though I think being on randy random all the time has been helping me, since I often get tons of fleeing or dropping colonists willing to join.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 09:43:28 pm by StagnantSoul »
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: August 30, 2017, 11:10:21 pm »

Brutal. Man, non-rescuing colonists can be even more of a nuisance than non-haulers when it comes down to it...

Anyway, it occurs to me that the next logical step from the current prison labour mod (apart from the ability to designate workshops as prisoner-only and stuff like that) is being able to pit prisoners against one another in fights to the death!
I guess you could at least use them for target practice for your colonists, but without the convenience of cage traps it's hard to feed them to dangerous animals.

In other news, my number one cook died from his overdose. Great.
I'd only ever seen grievously-wounded colonists die from OD'ing before, didn't realise they were actually dangerous nowadays, haha.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #2749 on: August 30, 2017, 11:49:09 pm »

I guess you could at least use them for target practice for your colonists, but without the convenience of cage traps it's hard to feed them to dangerous animals.

Presenting the RimWorld Prisoner Feeding System
  • Down carnivorous animal somewhere nearish your prison
  • Prevent them from bleeding out, but only just
  • Build walls around animal before it recovers enough to stand up
  • Connect this to your prison with a pair of walls (tunnel)
  • Wait until the beast is starving or otherwise (probably already near/at this point in the time it takes to build the tunnel)
  • Have prisoner deconstruct the wall at the end of the tunnel
  • ? ? ?
  • Profit!
;D

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: August 31, 2017, 12:29:58 am »

Brutal. Man, non-rescuing colonists can be even more of a nuisance than non-haulers when it comes down to it...
Eh? Colonists like that exist? Of what they should be incapable to be unable to even rescue? Never had anyone like that.
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: August 31, 2017, 12:39:26 am »

"Pawns are Capable" is one of my favorite mods. It reworks the traits and backstories of pawns so that they are CAPABLE of doing anything but they get horrible penalties to efficiency and their mood if they put them on something they don't like.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: August 31, 2017, 12:39:53 am »

Eh? Colonists like that exist? Of what they should be incapable to be unable to even rescue? Never had anyone like that.

When I right clicked to get him to try and save the doctor, it was greyed and said wasn't assigned, so I assigned everything they could and it still said so.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: August 31, 2017, 12:47:11 am »

My tribal start's going... Okay I guess. Having this many labourers off the bat is useful, getting construction done fast. The lack of electricity is annoying, especially no freezers, but carefully managing the food flow instead of my usual +300 bills on simple meals is making that fine. We've actually got that "ancient danger" structure in the middle of the map, somewhat covered by our largest mountain. I'm building our settlement cropping out from it, and when we reach the point where I'm confident we could take the silkworms inside we'll make it the new dining hall. We've got 6x6 patches of food growing, one for heal root, potatoes, corn, and berries, as well as some trees. Stone working just got finished so we're making a granite wall around the entire area and flooring it all in wood.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: August 31, 2017, 12:54:54 am »

When I right clicked to get him to try and save the doctor, it was greyed and said wasn't assigned, so I assigned everything they could and it still said so.
Wasn't assigned? It's something strange, rescuing colonist don't even need any assigned job. Mods? Bugs? I don't know anything?
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: August 31, 2017, 12:57:06 am »

Wasn't assigned? It's something strange, rescuing colonist don't even need any assigned job. Mods? Bugs? I don't know anything?

Might've been a bug. I don't use any mods yet.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: August 31, 2017, 05:45:27 am »

Never seen a pawn that couldn't rescue, even pawns with hauling, social or caring disabled can at least carry someone to a bed. No idea what would happen if a pawn had all three of them disabled since I'm pretty sure I've never even seen that combination on one of mine. I'd never allow someone like that to join up, or at least I'd not allow them to live for long.

Was it "no assigned space", instead of "not assigned job"?
I think rescue can fail if a downed pawn owns no bed themself and there are neither free beds nor any beds assigned as a hospital.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #2757 on: August 31, 2017, 10:41:02 am »

given the info supplied, I might suspect missing limbs.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: August 31, 2017, 11:47:32 am »

Just loaded up an autosave from that colony, severe derpage... All my beds were in the furniture stockpile because I hadn't finished moving to the new base yet.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: August 31, 2017, 04:16:12 pm »

Just tamed four elephants, and I was wondering... Can I give them bionic eyes, legs, etc? Just imagine the killing machine a four bionic leg two bionic eyed elephant would be. Amazed that my handler did it too, he just walked up and in at most two attempts each we had elephants.
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 280