Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 280

Author Topic: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress  (Read 856787 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #2715 on: August 27, 2017, 09:57:46 pm »

Yeah, Miniguns are only really useful when you have like six of the things.

When you do, shit is shredded. But when you don't, you won't hit shit
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: August 27, 2017, 10:10:45 pm »

The LMG is better, but (the minigun) it's still decent against a massed invasion of raiders. I've had the same person hit like 5 different people in one volley (not the one they were actually aiming for, but still).

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: August 27, 2017, 10:15:32 pm »

Traded it for silver to make more statues to sell for more power armor pieces. Though, thinking of abandoning this settlement too. We're out of stuff to mine, though we do have a large crop of devilstrand coming in soon. Once those have been collected we'll pack up and settle in the nearby arid plains I raided for neurotrainers earlier, it had a lot of hills and seven clumps of jade in the walls, as well as some compacted plasteel. What's the best use for the stuff by the way?

Also, what are some good mods, that work together well?
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: August 28, 2017, 06:47:11 am »

Does anyone have any tips for dealing with cleaning, by the way?
Love, scriver~

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: August 28, 2017, 06:57:13 am »

As in getting them to do it, or not do it?
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: August 28, 2017, 07:21:54 am »

As in how to deal with it without having to have colonists doing nothing but cleaning 100% of the time.
Love, scriver~

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: August 28, 2017, 07:29:17 am »

As in how to deal with it without having to have colonists doing nothing but cleaning 100% of the time.

Make the home area only so big and have one useless guy have it as a priority 2 with hauling 1. I usually have one around if I do the tribal start.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: August 28, 2017, 07:52:57 am »

It annoys me so fucking much to have a character doing nothing but cleaning when there's more important things that needs to be done, like butchering or hauling all those healrhealroot medicines i harvested half a year ago. It's strange that these people have invented space travel and laser guns and what not but still haven't invented a fucking roomba.

...Actually, I might have to try and make a mod for a fucking roomba room now that I've thought of it. I wonder if I can do it.
Love, scriver~

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: August 28, 2017, 08:03:18 am »

Someone already did it, plus a hauler. It needs a different mod to craft them(these a bought from traders). There was another one specifically for a cleaning robot, but all the comments for it say it doesn't work.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: August 28, 2017, 08:08:56 am »

It annoys me so fucking much to have a character doing nothing but cleaning when there's more important things that needs to be done, like butchering or hauling all those healrhealroot medicines i harvested half a year ago. It's strange that these people have invented space travel and laser guns and what not but still haven't invented a fucking roomba.

...Actually, I might have to try and make a mod for a fucking roomba room now that I've thought of it. I wonder if I can do it.

Just have one guy spend maybe thirty seconds every few days wipe up some dirt... It's hardly that big of a chore unless you make the whole map a home area.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: August 28, 2017, 08:37:06 am »

Do you like not give your characters their own rooms or furniture or something?

Someone already did it, plus a hauler. It needs a different mod to craft them(these a bought from traders). There was another one specifically for a cleaning robot, but all the comments for it say it doesn't work.

Hah, new animals was my immediate thought on how to accomplish it, but I wasn't sure if I would be able to make a new cleaning work job for them or if the limit to hauling type work was hard coded. Crazed packs of maddened, manhunting Roombas attacking your colony would have been awesome, though.
Love, scriver~

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: August 28, 2017, 08:40:49 am »

I've been using the prison labor mod.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: August 28, 2017, 08:43:00 am »

My guys each get their own 9x9 rooms placed around the central building, still takes maybe thirty seconds to clean it all.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: August 28, 2017, 03:08:35 pm »

I use the robots mod
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: August 28, 2017, 04:32:06 pm »

Just had to share. It gets better the more you see.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 280