Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 278

Author Topic: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress  (Read 834642 times)

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #2400 on: March 27, 2017, 03:35:28 pm »

I'm looking at Rimsenal right now. I don't much like the aesthetics of it but given how I spend most of my playtime zoomed out that shouldn't be too big of an issue. It doesn't seem to play nice with the Combat Realism. Dangit.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: March 27, 2017, 04:13:20 pm »

I'm looking at Rimsenal right now. I don't much like the aesthetics of it but given how I spend most of my playtime zoomed out that shouldn't be too big of an issue. It doesn't seem to play nice with the Combat Realism. Dangit.

Combat Realism doesn't work with ANYTHING that adds a weapon... Unless it specifically is modded to work with combat realism.

I do like Rimsenal though (They split the vanilla weapons and the company weapons.) because it fills in the sci-fi weaponry that Rimworld is sorely lacking in.

---

What is funny is the ENTIRE reason why Combat Realism doesn't work with any mod that has weapons... Is because of an addition.

Instead of requiring that every single weapon mod... create a second version of itself just for Combat Realism :P
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 04:19:34 pm by Neonivek »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: March 27, 2017, 05:16:44 pm »

It can work with other weapons actually, but you need to do a alot of work of juggling load order. And then they are nearly useless and silly in comparison compared to it.

There are also a number of weapons mods that have CR compatibility patches, which allow for things like automatic shotguns, because shotguns wherent already awesome in CR. For that matter, if you dont mind fidguring out where I went wrong, I can send you a mostly-functional compatibility patch for the Metro Armory mod.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: March 27, 2017, 08:19:16 pm »

It can work with other weapons actually, but you need to do a alot of work of juggling load order. And then they are nearly useless and silly in comparison compared to it.

There are also a number of weapons mods that have CR compatibility patches, which allow for things like automatic shotguns, because shotguns wherent already awesome in CR. For that matter, if you dont mind fidguring out where I went wrong, I can send you a mostly-functional compatibility patch for the Metro Armory mod.

Doesn't the mod introduce ammo requirements so that even if you do change the order the game will still apply ammo requirements?

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: March 27, 2017, 09:07:43 pm »

It doesn't force the ammo requirement if I remember right. That's something that needs to be set per gun, like recoil, sway amount and all that other stuff that makes them behave properly. I'm not sure exactly what would happen if you just loaded a vanilla style mod next to it, though I imagine they'd end up overpowered or under powered.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: March 27, 2017, 09:44:11 pm »

It doesn't force the ammo requirement if I remember right. That's something that needs to be set per gun, like recoil, sway amount and all that other stuff that makes them behave properly. I'm not sure exactly what would happen if you just loaded a vanilla style mod next to it, though I imagine they'd end up overpowered or under powered.

If that is true that would be a recent addition to the mod.

Because previously if you got a new gun and tried to fire it... it would need ammo (ammo that doesn't exist may I add)

This is because the mod in question doesn't have ammo listed for that weapon.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: March 28, 2017, 01:05:59 am »

And yes, they would be shockingly underpowered unless they where shockingly OP in vanilla combat.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: March 28, 2017, 08:51:07 am »

Also: Automatic shotguns that can kill(or atleast stun) almost anything and also can act as wonderful tools for taking down crazy colonists without undue harm, RPGs with frag warheads, and automatic grenade launchers. Oh, and lets not forget thermometric launchers now being able to also put out fires.
Highly Opinionated Fool

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: March 28, 2017, 11:26:18 am »

So, I captured a prisoner who lost foot during the raid and I had fun torturing her. I tried to make her break REALLY hard, I feed her rotten human corpses, did regular beatings and generally treated her like shit. It's so fun being such a jerk to your prisoners! I also made her addicted to yayo, removed her feet and replaced with the wooden ones, and finally, removed a kidney and eyes. And yet she still didn't go insane, so I will release her as a prize for having such unbreakable will!

Here's her health status:

BTW, what's your most cruel thing you did in Rimworld?
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: March 29, 2017, 03:21:12 am »

I made my colonists eat without a table.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: March 29, 2017, 03:27:05 am »

I stock my prisoner hospital with nice things and quality rest affecting items.
And then provide a nutrient paste dispenser as their only source of food--connected to my kitchen storage. Its input is rice and any variant of meat, milk, potatoes, corn, berries.

Spoiler: Second Runner-up (click to show/hide)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: March 29, 2017, 03:16:30 pm »

I did a run as nomadic (using the set up camp mod) tribal cannibals. I captured anybody who wasn't a cannibal for that purpose unless they were related to somebody, in which case I just sent them off at first opportunity. If nobody came to me I'd raid a nearby settlement, overwhelming them with numbers or luring people off but always careful to not allow it to be destroyed. Everyone hated me but it didn't matter because striking camp took hardly any time at all, and if anything that was actually a threat rolled around I'd just head for the hills and set up again somewhere else. We finally died when some outlanders used drop pods to put themselves into the middle of our camp. A couple people got away, but they died off pretty quickly.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: March 29, 2017, 05:35:40 pm »

Could anyone give a tiny gist or guide to RImworld mod: Jecrell's Cults? :O I'd love to know if there's a manual in game that gives data or info about all the spells and 4 deities but yeah ._.;

Also nice seeing you on ludeon forums, CP :D

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #2413 on: March 29, 2017, 07:51:06 pm »

I found the tooltips were generally good enough. For the most part they're pretty well done.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: March 29, 2017, 09:12:23 pm »

-snip-
We finally died when some outlanders used drop pods to put themselves into the middle of our camp. A couple people got away, but they died off pretty quickly.
And now Im imagining that they where hired by the local groups to deal with you guys.

On a similar subject, at one point I had a run where I RPed as being a group sent to wipe out bandit groups.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 278