Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 280

Author Topic: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress  (Read 855196 times)

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
Re: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #2265 on: January 17, 2017, 12:06:50 pm »

They do. Use the 0.16 tag.
In-game mod menu also has a version check, and will tell you if something's tagged as being for a different version.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: January 17, 2017, 12:11:20 pm »

They do. Use the 0.16 tag.
In-game mod menu also has a version check, and will tell you if something's tagged as being for a different version.

yeah exactly why I was complaining, you need to keep going back and forth to figure out which of each incompatible mod you had previously has been updated or has a 0.16 tagged fork

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2267 on: January 17, 2017, 12:12:13 pm »

Worse yet, sometimes those tags are applied to versions that don't actually work. The system isn't great

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: January 22, 2017, 02:29:05 pm »

Question: How do you dig out the steam-workshop installed mods in order to apply them to the non steam version of the game?

I'm finding that several mod versions are not updated outside steam (plus it can be more comfortable to track mod updates).... yet I find Rimworld's workshop functionality to be shoddy so I use the non steam version.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #2269 on: January 22, 2017, 03:01:15 pm »

Basically: They're in the \steamapps\workshop\content\294100 (The steam ID# of Rimworld) folder.
The folders are then numbered according to the Workshop ID#
.. It's a messy thing to transfer from workshop to non-steam, but it's possible, particularly with a lot of cross-referencing.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: January 23, 2017, 02:52:54 am »

Found the next best mod I'd recommend alongside Prepare Carefully \o/
Alongside this one, it's exactly like EdB Prepare Carefully except it adds a 4th slot for sexuality (so you don't need to spend a slot for it like the current game does >_>), and leaving it blank concludes you as being ace. When I say 'exactly', I mean that, and it just has hearts on the image :P (To let it work, unselect EdB Prepare Carefully and turn on Prepare for Romance! instead).

But gaaah, finally something that helps that tiny conundrum. x.x

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: January 23, 2017, 02:20:50 pm »

finally redid my mod collection. mostly quality of life improvements, the only real addition is glittertech.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=848841459

can't live without the patchwork leather now :P

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2272 on: January 23, 2017, 04:41:36 pm »

finally redid my mod collection. mostly quality of life improvements, the only real addition is glittertech.

Could you post your load order? I grabbed the collection and enabled them but have some errors.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: January 28, 2017, 02:39:28 pm »

Rimworld is freaking awesome. The game mechanics are heavily taken from Dwarf Fortress (in a good way) yet feel like two different games.

Its nice to have another game with these types of mechanics finally made... a lot of past games attempted this and they failed.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: January 28, 2017, 06:50:01 pm »

With the right mods it's pretty awesome.  Right now I kind of look forward to raids because

1: There are a lot of medieval civs in the world. Medieval civs tend to charge my machinegun pillboxes crazily, yet are armored enough to be more likely to survive the leadening and be wounded (and captured) rather than killed outright

2: I'm using the Call of Cthulhu  mod, and thus even if I can't recruit them, or don't want to, I can sacrifice them to some eldritch being for greater power. At present my favorites are Dagon and Nyarlathotep, but Cthulhu and Shub-Niggurath have their charm too.

3: If I strip the victims before being sacrificed, I can avoid the deadman debuff to their apparel, which remains usable.

4: After the sacrifice I am left with a perfectly good corpse which I can then butcher and turn into chemfuel, which I can in turn use for generators or trading.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: January 28, 2017, 07:09:42 pm »

Cthulhu is one of the best Great Old Ones to worship... But the funny thing is... He is as good as he is going to get at Tier 1

Orbital Insanity Wave is one of the best things you can worship for, and works quite often.

Well ok... Terrestrial Insanity Wave can be great for emergencies.

Kind of sucks for Dagan because it often feels like his two resource abilities pale in comparison to Cthulhu.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 07:13:32 pm by Neonivek »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: January 28, 2017, 07:22:06 pm »

Psionic growth has it's charm, too..  as an enhacement for colonists you like.  Problem is, it's not much bang for the buck(etful of blood).

For that matter, I favor Dagon's sunken ship delivery over orbital insanity because plasteel is hard to find and expensive to import, and the rest of the resources come in handy in my current boreal map.  Orbital insanity in theory provides you with a potential sacrifice, but in practice my acolytes never get the fucker in time before he beats it.

Now, Nyarlathotep is OP: sure the first power is pretty lame  (or at least I never found much use for Starry Wisdom), but you get it alongside Forbidden knowledge which is a nice trick to pull in long research projects, particularily if your tech level is low.  He starts to shine at 3 though, with chaos theory, which can degimp any char in no time. And once you get to tier four, you can skip recruiting altogether, and just cast Dark Herald.  I seriously think they should nerf DH because as it is you get two cultists by sacrificing one long pig, which is quite broken.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: January 28, 2017, 07:30:37 pm »

DH is a lot less broken... if you don't save scum...

Given it a Tier 4 ability and those regularly fail...

It is why Orbital Insanity Wave is so nice.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: January 29, 2017, 04:28:27 am »

Could you post your load order? I grabbed the collection and enabled them but have some errors.

sorry, missed this, there ya go
https://imgur.com/a/bri67

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: January 29, 2017, 04:51:00 am »

DH is a lot less broken... if you don't save scum...

Given it a Tier 4 ability and those regularly fail...

It is why Orbital Insanity Wave is so nice.

But you don't always succeed at recruiting either. And you have to feed your prisoners. If they are at 99% of recruitment difficulty I'd rather roll the dice and try to get two new recruits for the price of one.
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 280