Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 280

Author Topic: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress  (Read 854905 times)

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #2145 on: December 27, 2016, 05:29:50 pm »

Wow that's a lot of mods in one package.   And hell I didn't know custom races were even possible.  If anything it functions as a good modlist for me :P

if only tiy was able to incorporate some of that modding potential into the base game in a17

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: December 27, 2016, 06:14:57 pm »

That would be awesome, yes.

Yaknow what would be nice? Modded in races that dont look at the lore and then throw it in the trash.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: December 27, 2016, 09:25:15 pm »

Never heard of it. Link?

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=12996.0
Rimsenal mods in there @_@ I love it already! :D

Also just remembered another recommended mod I picked out and recall.
While a Romance mod is present in that linkie (under Romance), the one I recall is a very simple fix to how the traits are done--it adds a fourth slot for sexualities and such, or traits related to relationships (like being faithful [A.K.A. "I won't separate once I love this person"]), so that in the vanilla, "Gay" doesn't occupy a slot by itself. :P
And it's already updated for A16! \o/

There's also a "show that face by making invisible those vanilla headgear" mod. Pretty nice and something I'd recommend, solely because it shows off who is whom regardless of vanilla headgear.
And probably another great one (the only one in this list not yet at A16 level though), is The Static Quality mod, which makes the quality of items made/constructed equated relatively along the level of the colonist (ie Just like DF), rather than 'randomized quality whenever' regardless of a colonist's skills in the current vanilla version. You can even adjust it so there's a level range (eg +/- 1 or 2 levels = 'this possible quality'), it's all listed in the description.

I'd also recommend any/all of the Rimsenal mods, for the sci-fi feeling :P
And this one 'efficient light' mod, just to lower the wattage from those 75W lightbulbs @_@ (We have LEDs and other stuff!)

Somehow all these listed (sans the Rimsenal pack) aren't in that link.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 09:32:09 pm by Tiruin »

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: December 27, 2016, 10:58:36 pm »

Remote Explosives has been updated and it makes outpost raids so much more fun. It adds a whole new element to breaching and sabotaging the enemy.

Also: Are the Major Enemy thoughts new? I don't remember it happening before but if one of my pawns kills an elite or a boss they get a good thought. Plotting assassinations of these characters doesn't seem to have any real benefit but it's pretty fun.

woosholay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: December 29, 2016, 03:51:48 am »

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26078.0

Might be one of the best mods out there, I have no idea how I skipped it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Starting colonies with a bunch of your friends as survivors is even more fun now :p

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: December 29, 2016, 04:47:14 am »

I really want to install tthe new versiom but its a pain in the ass to get them one by one  and Workshop has limited ocfline functionality
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: December 29, 2016, 05:55:24 pm »

Update: prepare carefully doesn't allow for artificial organs anymore? I wanted to throw in my cyborg :(
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #2152 on: December 29, 2016, 07:43:10 pm »

Update: prepare carefully doesn't allow for artificial organs anymore? I wanted to throw in my cyborg :(
Health Tab, Add Implant.
If you mean something like upgraded hearts or whatever, those aren't vanilla. Probably Glittertech, but no clue.
In any case, I'm pretty sure that all implants will appear in that menu, once the proper mod is installed.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: December 29, 2016, 08:39:04 pm »

Probally EPOE.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: December 30, 2016, 01:54:24 pm »

Hello gamers.  I haven't played much Rimworld since early single digit alpha.  This A16 is looking good.

But don't like the random rolling forever to get the 3 starters I want.

I used to start with Warden + Doctor + Researcher but some of the early tech are there already, so I need to get familiar with the changes.

It also look like I don't need nutrient paste dispenser anymore since food seem to be easier to get now?

woosholay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: December 30, 2016, 02:20:02 pm »

Use Prepare Carefully mod to get the start you want. Assembling a team from pawns modeled after your friends is the best thing ever (especially with all the interactions and random nonsense that's bound to happen). Ended up making bets IRL on who's going to get eaten first in my arctic colony (things didn't go very well with a bunch of hardcore mods thrown in).

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: December 30, 2016, 03:36:51 pm »

Probally EPOE.
This

Health Tab, Add Implant.
If you mean something like upgraded hearts or whatever, those aren't vanilla. Probably Glittertech, but no clue.
In any case, I'm pretty sure that all implants will appear in that menu, once the proper mod is installed.
It doesnt :(

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: December 30, 2016, 04:50:38 pm »

Probally EPOE.
This

Health Tab, Add Implant.
It doesnt :(
Strange.  You're using Prepare Carefully and EPOE, and not any custom variants of the former?  (Not that it matters, I think; I'm using Prepare for Romance) Any other mods that affect surgery or the like, like A Dog Said (which has EPOE compatibility)?  Anything with the load order? 
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 04:52:17 pm by Culise »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: December 30, 2016, 05:12:58 pm »

Basic question, but did you restart the game after activating yer mods?
Highly Opinionated Fool

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: December 30, 2016, 05:31:59 pm »

Strange.  You're using Prepare Carefully and EPOE, and not any custom variants of the former?  (Not that it matters, I think; I'm using Prepare for Romance) Any other mods that affect surgery or the like, like A Dog Said (which has EPOE compatibility)?  Anything with the load order? 

Basic question, but did you restart the game after activating yer mods?

Yes and yes. Several times. Tweaked the order several times too.
I can install advanced bionic eyes, but no synthethic organs.

This is my current setup

http://pasteboard.co/gc7waxgcy.png
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 280