Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 280

Author Topic: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress  (Read 854824 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #2085 on: December 14, 2016, 08:54:47 pm »

Does anyone know if with the new caravan system it is possible to send trade caravans to nearby settlements?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: December 14, 2016, 09:28:58 pm »

Does anyone know if with the new caravan system it is possible to send trade caravans to nearby settlements?
Yes. When the caravan reaches the settlement you can open up a trade menu.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: December 14, 2016, 09:30:13 pm »

From what i heard yes.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: December 14, 2016, 10:41:22 pm »

Yes. When the caravan reaches the settlement you can open up a trade menu.

Which is a shame because it means the only way to get a detailed view of a friendly site is a surprise attack. But on the other hand it makes selling off all the useless junk you tend to accumulate or importing food during the winter no longer reliant on super rare visits from orbital traders.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: December 14, 2016, 11:48:20 pm »

Which is a shame because it means the only way to get a detailed view of a friendly site is a surprise attack. But on the other hand it makes selling off all the useless junk you tend to accumulate or importing food during the winter no longer reliant on super rare visits from orbital traders.
Also you can't drink all their beer, grind your muddy boots into their carpet, and let your pack animals shit in the dining room to show them how it feels.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: December 14, 2016, 11:54:09 pm »

You may call that surgery a failure, but the surgeon calls it the most efficient way to consume beer.
Did anyone test if they get alcoholic dependency from too much consumption in one setting? :P

Also I've noticed that in setting certain scenarios in the starting editor--there's still no variance in the Psychic Soothe/Drone option; they will always affect MALES instead of giving a choice between the two options/sexes. :O Wonder when that'll be fixed.

Also you can't drink all their beer, grind your muddy boots into their carpet, and let your pack animals shit in the dining room to show them how it feels.
I'd like to add "Doormats" and "Trader Locations" as highly recommended mods back there in A15. :P (Alongside many others which names I don't fully recall, like 'advanced prosthetics' or 'Rimsenal' [for those who enjoy a more sci-fi feel], or 'advanced power generation' which makes 'advanced wind turbines/steam generators and nuclear power')
Because argh is it that cleaning becomes a priority when all that dirt gets in the place.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: December 15, 2016, 12:14:37 am »

I assume you can cause alcohol dependency from administering too much (or just getting unlucky). I know you can definitely cause addiction by administering flake. Speaking of, it is pretty great to watch a doctor walk over to someone who's recovering from a dozen gunshot wounds carrying a tiny glass pipe.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: December 15, 2016, 08:45:31 am »

Damnit, doc, I said flu shot not flake shot. Aw fuck it, can I has more?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: December 16, 2016, 02:03:06 am »

One of my new colonists is has two different addictions. I put them on a no drug policy and they freaked out and burned dozens of valuable components. I decided it was time to do an impromptu rehab and imprisoned her in her room. Luckily double withdrawal has her consciousness capped out at 30%, this I have discovered is exactly how not-conscious you can be before you become unconscious. I put a beer stockpile outside of her room because every day she throws another tantrum and every day I have the nearest colonist pick up a beer bottle, give her one solid whack, and carry her back to bed.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: December 16, 2016, 06:13:34 am »

That is far more amusing than I think it should be...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: December 16, 2016, 02:37:08 pm »

Every time I read this thread it forces me back into Rimworld. Can you actually siege and raid people now? Damn.
Will that have any effect on enemy raids on your camp? Because the two things that annoys me and kick me out of Rimworld is hordes spawning out of thin air, and the wait for orbital traders.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Malus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: December 16, 2016, 02:45:36 pm »

Yeah, on the latest unstable/testing branch you can siege and raid enemy encampments. I'm not sure if taking out nearby enemy camps will reduce the frequency of raids though. You can also send caravans to friendly settlements and trade with them, so that's fun. (And there are random combat encounters where your caravan can get attacked by enemies).

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: December 16, 2016, 03:43:20 pm »

So can you now capture a raider, inject that drug that makes them hyper violent in withdrawal, set him free and go watchh the enemy camp tear itself apart?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: December 17, 2016, 02:07:51 am »

So can you now capture a raider, inject that drug that makes them hyper violent in withdrawal, set him free and go watchh the enemy camp tear itself apart?
>_>
Just discovered you can now administer drugs as an operation. So if I have a colonist down I can give them a few stiff drinks to help with the pain, make sure they get their anti-disease medication, and if I'm desperate to fight off an infection I can give them luciferium. Or because I'm not a good person I can give all of my prisoners debilitating crack addictions before releasing them, give one prisoner luciferium and put him in a barrack full of his friends, or experiment on how much cocaine you can put in a terrified captive before iguanas no longer find them delicious.
<_<

I somehow had the idea that some people were planning to order a tiny shipment of luciferum in, get bandits and then give them such, then free them (although there doesn't seem to be a distinct 'location of origin' for attackers?), because that last quote there had me wondering 'how will luciferum even help when once you get it, you'll need it forever'.

And just tested the psychic AI modifiers in scenario editors, they're only affecting males in A16. :O Just like A15 where there is no option for whom to affect.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: December 17, 2016, 02:30:08 am »

I don't think there's a way to use luciferium to turn a camp against itself, I mostly just use it because my prison houses 10 prisoners in the same room. Luciferium boosts blood filtration which in turn saves you from death by infection, it's a drastic measure but the nasty little drug can be a life saver.

An unexpected use of drugs: I have to clear-cut an area to make a large farm so I gave an alpha beaver smoke leaf to up it's hunger, yayo to speed it up, and wake-up to help it work through the night.
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 280