Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 280

Author Topic: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress  (Read 854684 times)

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #1950 on: November 03, 2016, 12:55:28 pm »

If it's an issue, just create an edit box, or a slider that sets the probabilities, and allows for disabling it all.

I think the main issue is that RPS, and the like, cynically use pinkwashing to earn more money.
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: November 03, 2016, 01:06:30 pm »

So... maybe ya'll should move this boring talk elsewhere. 

It is already consuming this thread.  Go do it elsewhere.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: November 03, 2016, 01:11:36 pm »

Yes. In other news, anyone have any fun coastal-mountain seeds? The Hardest part of building a castle in Rimworld is finding the right location. Just tested out the  new bridges (mod) to great success, but I still need a good locale.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: November 03, 2016, 01:34:45 pm »

I'm just disappointed that a game where I regularly shoot people in the leg, haul them into a tool shed, disembowel them, butcher them to cook meals, wear the skin as pants, and melt their gear to make weapons... yeah you're right, the unfair treatment of women is a big deal.  I cannot tell you how many horrible, deplorable, unmentionable things I've done.  Not even in the pursuit of survival or efficiency.  Just because I got another group of tribesmen and my doctor is bored.  But heaven forbid that lesbian doctor get hit on by the male prisoner she's about to eviscerate!

What mod lets me make human centipedes and walrus-men?  Or what mod lets me make horrid bio-machines that are built using both components and fresh organs?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: November 03, 2016, 01:40:07 pm »

What mod lets me make human centipedes and walrus-men?  Or what mod lets me make horrid bio-machines that are built using both components and fresh organs?

To that point... the prisoner system could do with juuuuuuuust a bit more. There's no real option for slavery, which makes me sad, as--much like yourself--I would enjoy ripping out and replacing the organs of captured enemies. However, I think several of the surgery mods at least add some fun to the torture. Genetics would be a good add-on as well.

Garden Gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: November 03, 2016, 01:40:35 pm »

I identify as an asexual cat.

The lack of asexuality and individuals with species dysphoria means Ty must think we do not exist. Not only this but my people are being enslaved!

At this very moment I'm telling my fellows in the Furry, Otherkin and Therian communities to rally here and make their voices heard!

We will be acknowledged and included!

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: November 03, 2016, 01:55:56 pm »

The lack of asexuality and individuals with species dysphoria means Ty must think we do not exist. Not only this but my people are being enslaved!

At this very moment I'm telling my fellows in the Furry, Otherkin and Therian communities to rally here and make their voices heard!

Escaped Lunatic joins forum to say stupid shit like this. Classy.

I would advise people to return to talking about the game. Raging about an article is not going to change opinions.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: November 03, 2016, 01:58:10 pm »

Hey now. If you look above, he's actually a reasonable gent with a sense of humor!

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: November 03, 2016, 02:24:04 pm »

Haley constantly initiates romantic relationships, while Doc never does.
Haley? Did you mean Kaylee?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TynanSylvester

• Bay Watcher
  • Void lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: November 03, 2016, 02:33:47 pm »

Nice to see this old thread is still going :)

Just to add a bit of info to the discussion, I posted a piece of text on Reddit with some more information about the current situation:

https://www.reddit.com/r/RimWorld/comments/5ax9a9/some_notes_on_recent_controversies/
rimworldgame.com

tynansylvester.com

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: November 03, 2016, 02:36:40 pm »

And lo, did he descend unto the poor forumites to bestow the gift of transparency! Thanks for the personal link to the discussion!

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #1961 on: November 03, 2016, 02:48:12 pm »

Just wanted to say I'm thoroughly with thegoatgod_pan. Makes me really sad this is such a polarising topic, and that people genuinely think goatgod must be some sort of troll :( RPS probably knew this was coming, but I don't think knowing a poopstorm is coming is an argument for remaining passive - though yeah, I'll agree that language was pretty passive-aggressive and likely to please feminists and infuriate the other side.

Nice to see this old thread is still going :)

Just to add a bit of info to the discussion, I posted a piece of text on Reddit with some more information about the current situation:

https://www.reddit.com/r/RimWorld/comments/5ax9a9/some_notes_on_recent_controversies/

I'm glad light was shined on this issue, and I'm glad you responded at all! I understand the reasons for modelling things as they were modeled, but it still saddens me because it does help reinforce implicit biases in society at large, especially when the theme of the game lends itself so well to a much more equitable society!

Which, in part, you've already implemented! And that's great - like you pointed out in the linked Reddit post, the two represented genders cook, clean, hunt, etc. Representation is so important in what people feel like they're allowed to do, so seeing this is already super awesome! :D

As a pan/biromantic person, I am happy I'll be able to see folks like me in the next patch! And it seems at least in part because of this article, so hooray, something good came of it! As a gender non-conforming person, I might have to wait longer, but I'll wait ;)

Garden Gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: November 03, 2016, 02:55:14 pm »

Escaped Lunatic joins forum to say stupid shit like this. Classy.

I would advise people to return to talking about the game. Raging about an article is not going to change opinions.

I joined the forum 6 years ago dipshit

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: November 03, 2016, 02:57:01 pm »

Being an 'escaped lunatic' is based on number of posts, and you've posted (at this point) 8 posts in the last 6 years.  Half of which are today.

Garden Gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: November 03, 2016, 03:05:19 pm »

Being an 'escaped lunatic' is based on number of posts, and you've posted (at this point) 8 posts in the last 6 years.  Half of which are today.

And? I didn't just join the forum. I've been here over six years If I include lurking. I made a handful of posts when I felt like it, and today I decided to post again. I see this stuff going on this thread, rps and other places all the time, i'm getting sick and tired of it, it never ends, everyone is offended, anyone who makes what may be a mistake or whatever is put on a bloody cross, people making constant assumptions about others, its all making me sick.

I tried being reasonable and pointing people to the reddit thread, and tried pointing out the dev never said bi men don't exist, but no one was interested. Besides I made a point, bi and homosexuals aren't the only ones being excluded or misrepresented. Human psychology is big complected diverse thing.

If you care about bi and homosexuals what about others?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 03:17:54 pm by Garden Gnome »
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 280