Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 280

Author Topic: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress  (Read 854539 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #1830 on: September 29, 2016, 01:38:17 pm »

If it was possible to make pets wear personal shields...

I hope someone mods in DUNE-rules personal shields. If anything shoots it, kaboom!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: October 02, 2016, 03:09:03 pm »

We survived the mechanoids with a little help from some EMP grenades I had lying around from a pirate raid long ago.
Also an EMP mortar that I built. I wish I'd known how useless EMP mortars were before I wasted resources building one. >.>

That colonist I posted about causing trouble a while ago died, for good this time since I wasn't about to savescum to save him again.
He went berserk after being imprisoned for a while (the idiot kept refusing to re-join the colony for some reason), attacked a fox, and when I ordered someone nearby to try and knock him out he dropped dead, same as before. Guy must have had one hell of a glass jaw.

Speaking of foxes, I just noticed upon loading the game that one of our newest fox kits/cubs/whatever is named "Godlessness". O.o
This critters are weird. Or are my colonists the ones really coming up with these names? Who knows.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: October 02, 2016, 03:37:39 pm »

Thats one of the really nice things about CR, mortars with different rounds they can launch.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: October 02, 2016, 03:40:50 pm »

Ffffff.

Well. Yet another reason I intend to try out that mod with my next colony.
Speaking of "next colony", this one is proving to be really durable. I turned up the difficulty and everything. Maybe it'll get stomped by a sudden raid as soon as I unpause this morning, who knows.
Booze is Life for Yoink

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: October 02, 2016, 04:06:55 pm »

Ffffff.

Well. Yet another reason I intend to try out that mod with my next colony.
Speaking of "next colony", this one is proving to be really durable. I turned up the difficulty and everything. Maybe it'll get stomped by a sudden raid as soon as I unpause this morning, who knows.

did they remove all the ammo and weight stuff?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: October 02, 2016, 04:10:24 pm »

Nope, thats still all in. Its because of that that you dont need three mortars to do the job of one and shotguns are amazing 70% of the time.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: October 02, 2016, 04:43:21 pm »

CR shotguns kick ass. Long hallways and a competent militia turn any enemy into paste.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: October 02, 2016, 04:50:17 pm »

Just make sure noones ass is infront of their fellows. Friendly fire isint.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: October 02, 2016, 05:13:54 pm »

Raiders showed up, managed to kill a couple of colonists. Didn't take too much care with the defence, maybe, since I'm pretty keen to start a new colony with mods and what-not. Still a shame, especially since they didn't seem to take any real, major wounds.

This 'hidden health bar' business is beginning to get on my nerves. I'm guessing CR fixes/lessens that?   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: October 02, 2016, 05:25:31 pm »

It changes it slightly due to its changes of bodyparts, but its still there.
Highly Opinionated Fool

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: October 03, 2016, 06:58:24 pm »

Question:I know military helmets are slightly less protective than Kevlar helmets, but military helmets can also be made out of anything, like plateel. Does making a plasteel military helmet change it's protectiveness, or only its durability?
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: October 04, 2016, 03:50:59 am »

Mods are toggled in the menu, right?
Is it possible to download mods, enable them and start a new, modded game whilst still keeping your old, un-modded save?
If you disable all mods before loading said save, will the game still be unaffected by mods? How does that work?

Kinda thinking of just storing my current, first colony away and starting a new modded one, rather than semi-deliberately running poor Snoutfell (I don't know, I was put on-the-spot to come up with a name all of a sudden) into the ground so I can start a new colony and play with all these mods I've heard so much about.

...For that matter, how does adding mods to an existing game work? Is that possible?
Booze is Life for Yoink

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: October 04, 2016, 07:51:58 am »

Is it possible to download mods, enable them and start a new, modded game whilst still keeping your old, un-modded save?
If you disable all mods before loading said save, will the game still be unaffected by mods? How does that work?

Kinda thinking of just storing my current, first colony away and starting a new modded one, rather than semi-deliberately running poor Snoutfell (I don't know, I was put on-the-spot to come up with a name all of a sudden) into the ground so I can start a new colony and play with all these mods I've heard so much about.

...For that matter, how does adding mods to an existing game work? Is that possible?

I can't confirm if this is the same for all kind of mods, but I know that there are a few which requires you to edit the save file in order to enable mods for those. No idea if this also works for mods like Combat Overhaul and stuff

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: October 04, 2016, 10:56:05 am »

Question:I know military helmets are slightly less protective than Kevlar helmets, but military helmets can also be made out of anything, like plateel. Does making a plasteel military helmet change it's protectiveness, or only its durability?
Rimworld has all sorts of information you can look-up in-game.  You should be able to highlight some raw plasteel and click on the fancy looking ' i ' button found at the bottom left of the screen.  It should list the statistical modifiers somewhere in one of the tabs.

Yes, I believe Plasteel changes protectiveness. 

EDIT: @Mods
Most are plug and play, others require a new game for you to see the features.  Some modders are kind enough to say if their mods do or don't require a new game to work or partially work.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 11:07:52 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: October 04, 2016, 01:56:33 pm »

Short answer(s): Yes. And yes.

Long answer: there's no reason the game would overwrite older saves without your knowledge, each save is independent of each other. Disabling a mod is the same as not having it installed in the first place, so it shouldn't matter if you're playing an old save without mods and you disable all mods.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 280