Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 280

Author Topic: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress  (Read 854478 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #1770 on: September 21, 2016, 11:09:45 pm »

The main two that do work with it are rather expansive though.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: September 22, 2016, 12:51:27 am »

You can increase relations to hostile factions by capturing their members, treating their wounds and releasing them. If they make it over the edge of the map, you get a relationship increase. So you can potentially salvage the situation that way.
Oh interesting, I did not know that. Thanks!
Bit late now since they've already started raiding me and dying in their droves, but oh well. :P

That is the point - when raiders are left wounded but alive after you repel them, capture those guys, treat their wounds and release them when they can walk. That will slowly increase the relations.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1772 on: September 22, 2016, 06:37:41 am »

Last time I did that, I got all of the available factions to positive relations so the game spawned wave after wave of mechanoids instead. I don't know if it still does that but I guess it didn't have any other valid enemies to spawn when a raid event triggered

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: September 22, 2016, 10:37:56 am »

So leave the pirates hostile.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: September 22, 2016, 10:57:59 am »

Boneyards are a great deterrent.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: September 23, 2016, 07:26:19 am »

Hey, it just now occurred it me- is the "low expectations" moodlet caused due to this being my tutorial colony?
If so, that is a hilarious little touch, haha. I'd been wondering why everyone seemed to have that despite lacking any sort of optimist trait.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: September 23, 2016, 07:38:46 am »

It's actually related to your colony wealth, I'm pretty sure.

When you don't have a lot of wealth, the game basically gives you a bit of a helping hand so that everyone doesn't go mad from the fact that they're lacking a lot of niceties.
Nothing important here, move along.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: September 23, 2016, 07:44:11 am »

Ohh, okay. Well I won't say no to that, although I think the main "nicety" that people complain about is tattered clothing.
...And all the mud and vomit coating everything except the pool hall, I guess. >.>
At least I mostly sorted the clothing issue. I wish there was a way to dump things like clothing manually. Thanks!
Booze is Life for Yoink

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: September 23, 2016, 07:47:35 am »

Clothing is to annoying to deal with, really. Tons of clothes around, but I can't be bothered to go around, undress them, redress them... So I just forced joywires into everyones brain.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: September 23, 2016, 08:16:18 am »

Ohh, okay. Well I won't say no to that, although I think the main "nicety" that people complain about is tattered clothing.
...And all the mud and vomit coating everything except the pool hall, I guess. >.>
At least I mostly sorted the clothing issue. I wish there was a way to dump things like clothing manually. Thanks!
Regarding cleaning: take your most useless colonist, enable manual priorities if you haven't, and increase the priority on that. It's surprisingly critical.

Also, you CAN manually dump clothing IIRC, same as all equipment.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: September 23, 2016, 09:02:43 am »

Well, I know you can make them remove their clothing and drop it on their floor, but is there a way to chuck worn-out stuff in the same dumping ground as, you know, dead people and rock chunks etcetera?

Yeah I've tried setting dedicated cleaners... there's always better stuff they could be doing, though. I have ten people but it never seems enough. o_o

Edit: Goddamnit.
For some reason, when my huge growhouse was built, three tiles of roof were left, well, un-roofed. Even after I manually added it to the roof building area, nobody would build the damn thing. Now I was waiting out a dry thunderstorm, seeing it start a few harmless fires out in the forest, when suddenly... pow. Lighting right through that three-tile gap in roof. Onto the power conduit for my hydro basins. Like a freaking sniper. Zeus the sniper. Damnit.

Now hopefully someone can sprint down down there before any serious damage is done.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 09:07:00 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: September 23, 2016, 09:06:45 am »

Yeah I've tried setting dedicated cleaners... there's always better stuff they could be doing, though. I have ten people but it never seems enough. o_o
You don't have people who refuse or are clinically incompetent at everything? Teach me your ways of pleasing RNGesus, sensei.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: September 23, 2016, 10:00:57 am »

I guess it depends how you define "clinically incompetent". >.>
I have one person whose only normal duties are cleaning and hunting, so that's something. My hunters seem to be magnets for eye injuries and this guy's eyesight is still miraculously unharmed, so he's one of the two decent hunters I have, y'know.

Also I just captured some space refugee with an annoying voice and an aversion to recreational substances. What a cunt.
Crammed him in the same tiny steel room that our other prisoner, the tribal chief, is in. Wonder how they'll get along. Assuming the new addition, Pete, doesn't die of his (partly infected) wounds before I can sell him into slavery, that is.

Just spotted one of the many foxes the colony has sneaking in and eating his food as he slept. :))

Edit: Haha, looking at a critter's social screen, the game lists animals you've traded to factions that have since become hostile as enemies.
Amusing little touch, that.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 10:02:34 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #1783 on: September 23, 2016, 10:06:50 am »

RE: Clothing
Not sure if it's in vanilla, but you can modify the "Anything" uniform to not allow clothing under 50% condition and they'll dump any tattered clothing as soon as something in better condition is available.
I don't *think* it'll make them go naked if they're wearing tatters and there's nothing better, but don't rely on it.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: September 23, 2016, 10:14:06 am »

Hmmm... there is no megamodpack for A15 yet is there?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 280