Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 280

Author Topic: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress  (Read 853918 times)

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
Re: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #570 on: September 03, 2014, 12:22:09 am »

Click.
Click.
Click.
Click.
Click.
Click.
Click.
Click.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Click.
Click.
Click.
Click.
Click.
Click.
Click.
Click.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: September 03, 2014, 01:18:43 am »

Lay off the spam....

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #572 on: September 03, 2014, 04:05:57 am »

>sweats profusely, adjusts collar
..d-did you s-scroll down?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 04:27:06 am by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Getix Kain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: September 03, 2014, 05:24:29 am »

Currently playing this instead of DF (waiting for 0.40.11 before restarting with another fort from scratch).

It's fun, a bit imbalanced when your colony gets richer.
:D

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #574 on: September 03, 2014, 01:37:52 pm »

Say, I pulled in a tribal that took a pilum to the crotch; will his shattered pelvis heal or should I take him behind the woodshed?

Well, I did what had to be done.

In the meanwhile, what all can explode & drain batteries? I'm about to set up a backup battery array, isolated from everything once it's charged.
This following a short circuit+eclipse combo.
But yes, hopefully I can keep the door & conduits attached.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 03:34:33 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: September 03, 2014, 04:59:17 pm »

>sweats profusely, adjusts collar
..d-did you s-scroll down?

Yes. Thank you for that.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #576 on: September 03, 2014, 05:33:48 pm »

I just noticed: raider sieges go to sleep all at once. I don't have the numbers to try it now, but is it possible to sneak out there and decimate them in the night?
Badges of honor

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #577 on: September 03, 2014, 06:22:57 pm »

With enough troops and weapons, it's possible, yes.
Likely? Not a bit.
However, what's more likely is taking the longest range weapons you've got and picking off a couple of them each night.
They generally don't move to engage colonists that are well outside their (combined) weapon ranges.
They will generally start lobbing the mortars at your attack party instead of the base however, so be prepared to make a break for it if they get a lucky hit.

Also, kiting their mortars to deflect them during the day? Not too shabby, though probably considered OP when it's only one or two colonists.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #578 on: September 03, 2014, 06:42:10 pm »

Ha, just saw that when some tribals picked off 80% of the pistoleer raiders.

Another question!
I'm guessing factions don't appreciate you capturing their members. But there's a tribal slowly bleeding out on the ground. Any way to save their life without making the faction wrathful?
Badges of honor

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #579 on: September 03, 2014, 07:16:32 pm »

As of last build, if they're not hostile, no.
As of this build, I have yet to pay for peace, and then try to rescue/arrest.

I'm 90% certain that capturing will always be a hostile action though.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #580 on: September 03, 2014, 11:54:49 pm »

Well that's a bummer.

Hmm, can't seem to recruit tribals either, is that because of the whole 'language' thing? In any case, this situation has raised a different question altogether:
When bandaging someone's wounds without a medkit, I'd always get a 'recieved poor treatment, (100%)' message, which I figured was telling me it was a 100% chance to get that result.
However, I must be up to the sixth or seventh 'failed to recruit herpderp, (4%)', message so far. Which confuses me.
What are the % messages telling me?
Badges of honor

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #581 on: September 04, 2014, 12:07:12 am »

I'm not sure about the medical percentages myself, but I can definitely say that the recruitment percentages is chance of success.
It's not impossible at all, but it does take a good bit of luck, and a good bit of time. Having a high Social skill helps too, both to get them happy enough to recruit, and to improve the recruitment chance.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #582 on: September 04, 2014, 12:39:46 am »

Hm, maybe 'poorly treated' is the best result one can get without a medkit, & therefore is 'success'.
Badges of honor

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 04, 2014, 04:58:45 am »

From what I can tell, it's impossible to get better than "poorly treated" without medkits.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #584 on: September 04, 2014, 08:52:59 pm »

Well, I was rather worried when friendly phoebe dropped 30 raiders to face off against my 6 colonists, but exchanging mortar fire and, particularly, sending my super1337prosniper out to pick them off from the trees, has me kinda digging this system. So long as I don't land a lucky hit & take out their mortars, this'll blow over.

Currently in the process of having a couple of the colonists prepare a sniper-haven so my dude can go off-duty without having to cross the map.

Question---how much more ramping up will there be? I fended off the last 40-man tribal attack with a bit of save-scumming. I don't think I'd be able to handle a 60-man without severe casualties.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 09:49:40 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 280