Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 280

Author Topic: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress  (Read 855157 times)

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #945 on: April 15, 2015, 03:52:33 pm »

Considering Alpha 10 just dropped, I'd not use any mods right now until they update. :)

Whoa...this is what I call "fast development". I think it's time to install the game again, I wanna see the new features. IIRC I haven't played since beta 8.
If you haven't played since beta 8, and this is alpha 10, wouldn't it actually be de-development? :)

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: April 15, 2015, 06:44:50 pm »

project is playable still going, maybe a small price drop might boost sales.  Looking good

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: April 15, 2015, 08:16:01 pm »

project is playable still going, maybe a small price drop might boost sales.  Looking good

Isn't it only around $10 right now? I might be wrong, since it's been a while since I bought it.

Gene

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: April 15, 2015, 08:25:13 pm »

Isn't it only around $10 right now? I might be wrong, since it's been a while since I bought it.
$30, actually. It's really the only thing keeping me from trying it out. Kind of hard for me to drop $30 on a game still in alpha even if it does look incredibly fun.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: April 15, 2015, 09:33:45 pm »

Oh, just to confirm, how exactly do I go and update the thing? Apparently, the person who bought it for me was just given the game, without getting anything about emails or anything, and the game dosent seem to want to do anything.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: April 15, 2015, 09:39:08 pm »

Oh, just to confirm, how exactly do I go and update the thing? Apparently, the person who bought it for me was just given the game, without getting anything about emails or anything, and the game dosent seem to want to do anything.
Use the exact same link you got the previous download from. The downloads reset.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: April 15, 2015, 10:12:36 pm »

Allright, that thing is hopefully dealt with. Thanks.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: April 15, 2015, 11:06:29 pm »

PTW.
Whats some good mods, if you guys have used any?
EdB Interface, Mod Order, and Prepare Carefully are all practically required. Apothecarius makes medicine a bit better. Project Armory adds an absolute shitload of real and fictional weapons. The Turrets Pack adds a good variety of those.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: April 16, 2015, 01:01:57 am »

Constant. Fucking. Tribespeople.

For the last hour I have been attacked endlessly by tribespeople. Atleast one attack per day!
Highly Opinionated Fool

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: April 16, 2015, 07:06:23 am »

Considering Alpha 10 just dropped, I'd not use any mods right now until they update. :)

Whoa...this is what I call "fast development". I think it's time to install the game again, I wanna see the new features. IIRC I haven't played since beta 8.
If you haven't played since beta 8, and this is alpha 10, wouldn't it actually be de-development? :)

Ah damn... :D I meant Alpha 8 of course... ;D

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: April 23, 2015, 06:58:45 pm »

So one of my colonists was building a granite wall, and suddenly she's on the other side of the map inside of a mountain. Is this a known problem? And is there any kind of fix, or will I just have to dig her out?

Edit: Dug her out, released a mechanoid hive in the process. She and two others are dead after the ensuing firefight, leaving just two colonists left. Luckily one of them is a doctor, so hopefully I can get some replacements out of the ancient cryosleep containers.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 07:18:56 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Dwarvinator

• Bay Watcher
  • ...grumbles only mildly at inclement weather...
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: May 10, 2015, 10:05:10 pm »

I play this game as light relief from the horrors of DF.
Called the colony Hungry Mountain as it is based in a hollowed-out mountain and there are frequent food shortages.
The colony members comprise 4 psychopaths and 2 cannibals. They have a blood and vomit encrusted detention suite where partially vivisected guests are fed on human remains and encouraged to fight hand-to-hand to the death.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: July 16, 2015, 01:39:07 pm »

Semi necro, but I was wondering if anyone else has seen a colonist with a chronological age of over 2000 years.

For instance, in the game I am playing now, I had one Nickalas "Nick" von Plenker, age 26(2335), a caveworld tender turned housemate. I also saw one dude with a age of 3001...
Highly Opinionated Fool

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: July 16, 2015, 05:08:15 pm »

The first number is their biological age, the second is the number of years since birth. The reason they can be misaligned is cryogenic freezing.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: July 16, 2015, 05:39:19 pm »

I know. I was asking what the highest chronological age of a human you guys have seen.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 280