Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 278

Author Topic: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress  (Read 833781 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #3660 on: September 01, 2020, 11:38:56 am »

>_> It does? Well then, there goes even more of my time.
yeah I have 100+ mods working well including prepare carefully. Rimworld updates break less than you might think in mods.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: September 08, 2020, 03:27:58 pm »

I´m having serious problems with events... they basically dry up after a couple of raids at the beginning. At first I thought it was the lovecraft storyteller, but no, Cassandra Classic doesnt spawn events either. Something is wrong.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #3662 on: September 11, 2020, 12:25:10 am »

I´m having serious problems with events... they basically dry up after a couple of raids at the beginning. At first I thought it was the lovecraft storyteller, but no, Cassandra Classic doesnt spawn events either. Something is wrong.
I don't wanna throw too much chemfuel on the fire but I just updated all my stuff to 1.2, and have being going through the usual troubleshooting, and have a sneaking suspicion this is happening to me too. I've been using perry persistant, a mod guy, or randy random. Randy does this sometimes, Perry I think is supposed to do events quite often, and lately it's just being rain/thunderstorm/flashstorm/similar a bunch. I was able to force a raid with development mod fine, which normally will fail too when this happened to me before. If the raids generate fine but aren't coming anyway, I now am worring it's something to do with the smaller planet mod along with the safely hidden away mod. I'm near other factions, quite close, so safely hidden away shouldn't be too big an issue, but I have no idea of the little planet would conflict.

I doubt my rambling will help but maybe. Try the develop force a raid and see if it spits soldiers or errors
edit: 3 days later I finally got a not something on fire event, pristene ruins from real ruins mod
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 01:11:34 am by RexMundi »

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: September 11, 2020, 04:39:51 am »

Maybe there was a change a while back? My first years are pretty consistently eventless too. But then it's the usual deal of raid-flare-raid-loot etc.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 04:47:15 am by MCreeper »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: September 11, 2020, 10:41:52 am »

It was the jecrell factions and/or elder things. They are too broken in the current version

I think Cults is fine and Cosmic Horrors is functiomal, although with some bugs
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #3665 on: September 11, 2020, 01:01:42 pm »

Good to hear you found it

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: September 12, 2020, 09:21:12 am »

So some medieval fuckers tried to raid my compound... luckily I had some decent firearms due to some lone ferals tryinf to raid me all by their lonesome. Plus a flamethrower turret. So I pusjed them back despite being outnumbered.

On the minus side one of the crossbowmen, a 15 year old little shit, got lucky and destroyed one of the lungs of a colonist. But my colonist managed to take him down by shooting one of his kidneys. Even better, he survived and generously donated his spare lung to my colonist. So I'm willing to let bygones be bygones and let him join the gang as a  miner.

Also I´m finding the chicken defense matrix to be extremely successful (chicken breed like crazy. keep letting them breed, designate a huge area including a big hay field, and then forget about them. Invaders will divert their attention towards the roaming chickens so your colonists behind cover will get shot less.  It doesnt even matter if they eventually overpopulate and a bunch die, just keep growing chickens. Just make sure they stay away from your foodstuffs. I almost had my colony wiped by chicken induced starvation before I figured that out.

Chickenrabbits might be even better, I need to investigate that one further, prepare a breeding pair and see what happens.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 10:47:55 am by ChairmanPoo »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: September 13, 2020, 12:45:50 am »

I am notoriously cheap. I bought Royalty and have been having an absolute blast with the new mechanics.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: October 07, 2020, 03:25:34 am »

I got bored of Randy's tough love so I changed the storyteller to Perry Persistent. Turns out he hates my guts.My ashland swamp colony was getting comfy under Randy, but as soon as I switch to Perry an ancestral oni raid happened. I had four people and two refugees hiding in my base, plus one prisoner.

Now, you would think that beating a few unarmed savages would be easy, right? The thing is, one of them was a vampire and destroying her took some time. Meanwhile her friends closed in and started beating my people up. The two refugees were incapacitated and kidnapped, and the prisoner got beat up on top of being inprisoned. Soon after the raid the prisoner joined us, giving us his much needed planting skills.

A moment later two valuable colonists died of malaria, leaving us with three girls and an imprisoned oni. Not a good situation, but soon one of the gals caught corpus, making it a horrible situation yo be in. Even worse yet, a squad of outlanders came to cause trouble. We dealt with him, but sustained serious damage. Things were bad, huh? Not bad enough, it seems. We haven't even finished tending the wounds when an elemental portal opened. I rage quit after that.

IonMatrix

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUTAGEN_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: October 09, 2020, 11:09:35 am »

Honestly, I don't really bother with storytellers. 99% of the time it is "this is getting bor-OH SHIT WHAT THE FUCK" for me with any storyteller.
"Mutagen"! Such a lovely word! I simply MUST have more mutagen!

*sigh* I can't believe I play this game...

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: October 09, 2020, 11:16:18 am »

Honestly, I don't really bother with storytellers. 99% of the time it is "this is getting bor-OH SHIT WHAT THE FUCK" for me with any storyteller.

"I'm not starving with 5 folks oh shi* I'm just wealthy enough to be attacked by 80 insects, 100 bow wielders, and/or 30-40 mechs and this is the least hard storyteller."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: October 09, 2020, 12:20:15 pm »

Corpus, from Morrowind?
Love, scriver~

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: October 10, 2020, 05:42:16 pm »

Is there an easier way to deal with toxic fallout other than tediously building roofed pathways between all buildings and then painfully assigning an area that travels exclusively under these roofed pathways and buildings? Because fucking hell do I hate that event.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: October 10, 2020, 06:57:37 pm »

Corpus, from Morrowind?

I recently replayed Morrowind - the disease is called "Corprus". I had been certain it was corpus for over a decade.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: October 10, 2020, 09:28:46 pm »

Corpus, from Morrowind?

There's a (surprisingly extensive!) series of mods called MorrowRim; the core one includes an ashlands biome, ash storms, and corprus disease.

Is there an easier way to deal with toxic fallout other than tediously building roofed pathways between all buildings and then painfully assigning an area that travels exclusively under these roofed pathways and buildings? Because fucking hell do I hate that event.

Depending on how long the toxic fallout is, the "Brr and Phew" mod may be sufficient on its own. At the very least it does reduce some of the micromanagement. In short, the mod makes pawns spend time recovering out the elements at a more sane point, reducing the rate of downing and other health effects at the cost of some work efficiency.
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 278