Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 280

Author Topic: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress  (Read 856589 times)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
Re: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #2970 on: May 07, 2018, 03:16:17 am »

The Vegetable Garden mod adds in a whole lot of new fruits and veggies, and also has protein mushrooms you can use instead of meat.

Vegetable garden is pretty great. It includes Red Lentils and mushrooms which are "meat" for recipes but the biggest addition is the noble bean.
You can process beans into tofu which can be used as meat, or milk which can be further processed into cheese. You can also use Tofu to produce "vegan egg substitute" which is basically just an egg for any recipe that requires them.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: May 08, 2018, 01:21:05 am »

Probably way too late but I didn't get any real bugs or anything with the argonians when I loaded them so it's probably fine.  I could not select their skincolor properly for some reason, but I couldn't do that with any of the modded races, so that's either a bug with that custom race foundation mod bug or a prepare carefully bug.

That colony I was talking about however was very short lived.  A solar flare took out all the cooling systems in the middle of summer. The avali both died of heatstroke, leaving me just with the nudist argonian and an orassian, one of which was incapable of combat, and the other was merely terrible at it. A raid that I'm assuming was still using the numbers from when I had 4 colonists, wiped them out after.

I have never seen a tornado in the game yet, though I have seen a biome that claims tornados are common there in a mod.  Perhaps I should make that my next embark.

If you disabled Solar Flares, I could see this being a really neat challenge build. Having 3 races that deal with middling temps and the 2 extremes would be the ultimate in base design, including how to handle defence and what happens if one side of the population is in dire straits and needs to be patched up.

I could see having 4 of each to start off the game with a lot of initial steel to make the initial base, and then see what happens from there.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: May 22, 2018, 08:13:07 pm »

I thought I’d already ptw’d, evidently not.

Probably because I hadn’t bought the game the last I played it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: May 29, 2018, 02:29:23 pm »

Been re-watching Deadwood and playing with Steam World, Westerado, and Westernization to do a western themed colony. I felt like such an asshole for not thinking of feeding raiders to pigs before.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: June 04, 2018, 10:20:53 am »

What do those mods do, exactly?

I myself just started up the game for the first time in a while. Funnily enough a little break was enough to make savescumming seem less necessary where I left off - indeed, I couldn't even remember the name of the colonist who'd just died in incredibly stupid circumstances, until I moused over the trail of blood on the ground, at least. :))
Poor Quinn. You had no friends, but you shall be missed. Actually I think he may have been our only colonist with decent social skills, judging by our total failure to recruit either of some very useful guests I wanted to stick around.

Anyway, one thing that continues to annoy the heck out of me is repairing and construction being combined in the job priorities - are there still no mods that fix that without making a whole bunch of other weird and unnecessary changes?
My terrible internet makes trawling the workshop for anything that suits my purposes rather unfeasible.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: June 04, 2018, 10:33:36 am »

have you tried fluffy work tab? https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=725219116

afaik it only has more detail on the job priorities list and more priority levels

all fluffys mod are great because they only do one thing
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 10:35:18 am by LoSboccacc »

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: June 04, 2018, 10:34:42 am »

Westerado and Westernization both add western themed items, animals, and factions, they're a little redundant but I like Westerado's guns and Westernization's clothes. Steamworld gets rid of all vanilla weapons and blocks off all the advanced technologies so you don't have your western theme ruined by drop ships full of guys with charge rifles.

"Work Tab" is a mod that, as the name suggests, makes changes to the work tab. You can expand it to separate the labors into basically every individual type of job so you can set repair to have different priorities than construction or rescue to have a different priority from tending etc. You can then shrink the work tab back town to it's normal, manageable size and continue on without ever thinking about it.

While we're talking about mods, Silent Doors feels like the sun on your face after being buried alive. Did you know some sounds are not WOOSH WOOSH WOOSH?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 07:27:37 pm by Broseph Stalin »

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: June 17, 2018, 08:45:49 am »

So I've been having a big kick on Rimworld lately. especially now that i am playing Hardcore SK.

I set up a 5 man team of tribals, without even looking at their skills and then promptly set them off to a random part of the map. for about a season and a half everyone gets along fine besides the little bit of starvation that happens, And then a meteor made up of Bauxite lands in my crops and kills the grower.

The civilization crumbles shortly after that.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: June 21, 2018, 10:30:57 am »

And then a meteor made up of Bauxite lands in my crops and kills the grower.
The patch notes for the unstable 1.0 say that shouldn't happen anymore.
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: June 21, 2018, 11:20:02 am »

Yeah uh, I don't play in unstable 1.0 since I prefer the modpack I have.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: June 21, 2018, 11:23:19 am »

I'll probably wait for 1.0 to be released in full. Also gonna bet that there will be mods to change some of the nerfs, depends on how it plays out I guess.

Not sure why the tornado event was removed though.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: June 21, 2018, 11:57:10 am »

The forbade event was my arch nemesis. I was glad if it is gone.
Love, scriver~

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: June 21, 2018, 12:34:05 pm »

Forbade event? I'm not aware of such an event in RimWorld.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: June 21, 2018, 12:40:11 pm »

*Tornado. Autocorrupt doing it's thaaang
Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: June 21, 2018, 01:02:41 pm »

And then a meteor made up of Bauxite lands in my crops and kills the grower.
The patch notes for the unstable 1.0 say that shouldn't happen anymore.
Terrible, just terrible.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 280