Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 280

Author Topic: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress  (Read 856715 times)

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
Re: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #2730 on: August 28, 2017, 09:47:32 pm »

As far as dirt goes, I used a welcome mats kinda mod that generally kept any dirt form appearing indoors (on smoothed or built floors) when the mats were placed at all the entrances.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 09:50:59 pm by n9103 »

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: August 29, 2017, 09:58:03 am »

I always have a dedicated sweeper, but I think in theory you can take someone with skills that aren't used 100% of the time (hauling or researching, for example, prevent anything else when there's work to do). For example, if you don't have a shortage of farmers that they need to be in the fields 24/7, they could have Growing as their highest-ish (non-emergency) priority, followed by Cleaning, and everything else lower than that.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: August 29, 2017, 10:45:21 am »

There's always more hauling to do though. I always have stuff lying literally all over the map waiting for pick up. Lately I've been experimenting with dogs for hauling it because several game ones wandered unto my map, but it's just not very dependable.
Love, scriver~

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: August 29, 2017, 11:12:46 am »

Personally I cheat when it comes to the hauling/cleaning thing. 
Hauler bots(from a mod) and portable power source(another mod) to go with.  Start game with em.  Cleaning actually gets done eventually.  There are cleaning bots too, mighty useful after a prison riot. 
Spend less days hauling things.  Get other stuff done.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: August 29, 2017, 06:43:40 pm »

There's always more hauling to do though. I always have stuff lying literally all over the map waiting for pick up. Lately I've been experimenting with dogs for hauling it because several game ones wandered unto my map, but it's just not very dependable.

Yep, hauling is definitely not a good skill to have higher priority than cleaning in your janitors, together with research, because as I said they never stop as long as there's work available (which is almost always).

Farmers and constructors, on the other hand, could make sense to have as janitors.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: August 30, 2017, 04:32:38 am »

Woah, was digging around the mountain I was making my new home in, when I happened upon a walled off area exactly where the cloth-medicine storage was going to go. Popped it open and some giant silkworm 'centipede' with a minigun starts shooting at me. That worker ran away, when my seven strong military comes swooping in. When a stray bullet hit one of the cryopods inside, three guys hopped out, all enemies too. However, they started shooting at the silkworm too. One had a triple rocket launcher, so I had my sniper pick them off before they could fire. Launching two molotovs in on the humans and everyone else focusing the silkworm, we actually took it down with only four bullet wounds. Now we've got an excellent minigun, a good charged rifle, and a poor charged rifle to replace the two poor heavy smg's we had. This place also had some of those psychic lance things I'd seen before, off to the traders with you. More importantly, we got plasteel and gold off some corpses. What was the giant silkworm thing? It was tanky as hell.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #2736 on: August 30, 2017, 09:37:26 am »

Tanky unit of the mechanoids faction.
Not sure how much could be revealed without spoiling it for you.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: August 30, 2017, 12:39:26 pm »

Just murderlized a rampaging bear in just over 1 burst from this minigun at point blank range, kinda feel like giving a shield belt to the guy using it and fully armoring him so he can walk up and just explode their guts with it. Better than the one we traded for at least. And man, devilstrand takes forever to grow... It's been something like 23 days and it's juuuust getting into harvest range, but I'm going to let them grow to full.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: August 30, 2017, 02:14:35 pm »

Inb4 cold snap.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: August 30, 2017, 02:51:28 pm »

You'll have to manual control the shooter if you want them to point blank, as pawns will default to melee at that range.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: August 30, 2017, 02:56:32 pm »

That's what a fully enclosed mountain base with 20 heaters is for.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: August 30, 2017, 04:50:06 pm »

Woah. Some chunk of a ship fell out of the sky, had another silkworm in it, this one with an incendiary launcher. The thing was spreading snow everywhere around it. Dead now, but that was a lot harder without the two humans helping me. Actually had to use a lot of our medicine on healing burns. What's this ai persona core for? Can I use it to automate buildings or something?

Noooooo just ran out of animals on the map, and we're all out of food... When will some more wander in? My berries and corn are still growing, will be a while before they're ready. Feeding 9 people is hard...
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 04:56:55 pm by StagnantSoul »

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: August 30, 2017, 05:15:55 pm »

You should really plant potatoes as one of your first crops. Strawberries and corn both have very long growth times, and rice isn't very good unless you can cook. Once you have a stable buffer of potatoes, you can move on to the longer-growing, higher-yield food crops.
Nothing important here, move along.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: August 30, 2017, 06:01:40 pm »

Raided the wrong bandit camp, meant to go for the one that would give me a legendary steel surgery bed, instead went for the one for a thrumbo horn... Thought this was a useless raid till

We'll have weapons forever!

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #2744 on: August 30, 2017, 06:32:28 pm »

The core is related to one of the ways to finish the game.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 280