Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 280

Author Topic: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress  (Read 853673 times)

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #255 on: October 17, 2013, 10:43:31 am »

Stretch goals are kinda dumb IMO. Developers end up wasting time on meaningless features for money. Better to just be honest and say we're going to use the money for better features. I like the way that it's just there as "proposed modules".

So you've got my $30 from paypal, the prototypes were what got me. I might even consider buying Tynan's book if the game is good enough.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

TynanSylvester

• Bay Watcher
  • Void lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 17, 2013, 12:18:38 pm »

I didn't really want to put in "stretch goals" that I planned to do anyway, or meaningless cosmetic ones... didn't seem necessary. I think people appreciate the general straightforwardness of just saying that no, stretch goals do not fit into our adaptive development process, and that's it.
rimworldgame.com

tynansylvester.com

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 17, 2013, 12:20:13 pm »

Seems reasonable to me.

Where can you download the prototype? I looked on the kickstarter page but couldn't find it. Probably me missing things staring me in the face again but...
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 17, 2013, 12:28:05 pm »

Pre-Alpha will be available once kickstarter ends. Is available to youtubers/casters though for publicity.

Soon though, soon will have it, yes my precious....

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 17, 2013, 12:29:59 pm »

Pre-Alpha will be available once kickstarter ends. Is available to youtubers/casters though for publicity.

Soon though, soon will have it, yes my precious....

Ah, well that explains it.

I'm willing to help play-test it whenever it's available.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 17, 2013, 01:16:26 pm »

Pledged! Ye gods I'm so hyped for this already
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 17, 2013, 09:50:23 pm »

Could always give us bay 12ers a super secret pre-pre-release version that does something stupid like replace all the names with Urist....  *wink wink nudge nudge wink nudge poke nibble*

Congrats on....if I'm doing the math right 660% funding?  Wow.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 17, 2013, 10:14:24 pm »

Inb4 "Just 6% more!"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 18, 2013, 11:33:45 am »

That's not counting the funding outside of Kickstarter. I prefer using paypal, and I'm sure many others do too.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 18, 2013, 01:06:57 pm »

I'm working in the early stages with an artist who seems promising.

Do you have any examples of their art for Rimworld that you can share? :)
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 19, 2013, 01:33:30 am »

Hey Tynan, I saw over on Kickstarter you were asking about how Twitch gets the game names, and in deed they pull info from GiantBomb. I submitted a new page for the game and it is awaiting moderator approval before I can fill it with delicious content.
edit: okay I did that wrong, got rejected first time cause I copy-pasted the description. Bad me.
edit again: Okay it's up now! Should show up on Twitch now and I added some details that will get approved shortly I hope.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 11:38:34 pm by Tilla »

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 22, 2013, 12:16:35 pm »

Just noticed this game was greenlit on Steam. Awesome!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 22, 2013, 02:59:43 pm »

So am I the only one watching these youtube lets plays and thinking, "No you idiot, you had those walls busted for the last 5 videos, fix them!" or "Sandbags, why not just use some frikkin sandbags?"

Watching these videos just make me wanna play more. :P
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 22, 2013, 03:12:30 pm »

So am I the only one watching these youtube lets plays and thinking, "No you idiot, you had those walls busted for the last 5 videos, fix them!" or "Sandbags, why not just use some frikkin sandbags?"

Watching these videos just make me wanna play more. :P

That is why I don't watch those videos, it's always "your doing it wrong!!!" but also I would like to make my own mistakes, and yes the overwhelming envy of wanting to play the game.

TynanSylvester

• Bay Watcher
  • Void lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 22, 2013, 07:04:18 pm »

Thanks for putting the game on GiantBomb Tilla.
rimworldgame.com

tynansylvester.com
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 280