Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 278

Author Topic: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress  (Read 834645 times)

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
Re: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #2385 on: March 24, 2017, 08:52:39 pm »

I find ZorbaTHut has a great deal of quality non-overhaul/vanilla-like minor mods on Workshop.

I've got a good deal of other more intensive mods than these (e.g. Glitter Tech), and some of these may be too much for your tastes (e.g. Stack XXL, though it's configurable).

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: March 25, 2017, 03:16:09 am »

I would love to post my modlist but it's quite big. :-\ :-[

Also have a !!FUN!! bug! :I

It starts off with an Outlander trade caravan arriving (alongside a medieval one from the mod Medieval Times)
The TRADER/MERCHANT is an annoying PYROMANIAC.
Who goes into a SPREE and starts burning stuff--they tried burning the table and chairs I've set for their eating, and now she moved on to burn my stone walls. While my colonists do douse anything before hilarity occurs [Firefighting at priority "1"], I'm annoyed, so I saved the game before any of these.

I decided to arrest them because faction relations drop whenever you do even a slight scratch to them (and they blame you).
This is a good enough reason to arrest them--I'll just release them anyway!
Spoiler: I made a fire pun! :D (click to show/hide)
And yet when I DO 'take them in' to stop them from doing what they're doing...as it's seemingly unstoppable just like 'social fights'.
They take it as 'capture' >_>
Also the person in question doesn't have that 'Guilty' debuff or something; it shows up in the prisoner tab that's open in the picture below for people who are guilty for a set # of hours. I forgot what that means.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The "Bad Will" hit! This means my allies now became grumpy enemies and will...strangely, somehow, DIG their way out of the base--far easier and actually destructive than attacking the walls or doors. Strangely this is far more effective than any kind of breaching tactic.
Also the mods don't do this, if ever the thought occurred ._.;
But I mean it's just one tiny thing right?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Also playing with Rimsenal for late-game fun!

I've got a good deal of other more intensive mods than these (e.g. Glitter Tech), and some of these may be too much for your tastes (e.g. Stack XXL, though it's configurable).
I recommend Stack XXL too--very nicely configurable, and you can edit it right before editing your modlist so it will restart on its own instead of doing it manually. Also Static Quality//Tech Advance.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 03:36:54 am by Tiruin »

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: March 25, 2017, 03:43:55 am »

Bigger stacks are always welcome. Subscribed to the mod!

I would love to post my modlist but it's quite big. :-\ :-[

You can PM me the list. If you want, of course.

My "mod hunt" isn't over yet, but here are the ones I have so far.

I chose Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering because I had problems with exotic goods trader bringing me prosthetic/bionic arm. They always brought prosthetic legs and power claws, but not actual arm replacement (power claw replaces only hand, not whole arm).

BTW, can pawns have kids?

EDIT: Added a question.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 06:43:52 am by CrocAndBearLover »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: March 25, 2017, 07:13:19 am »

There are no human children in the game yet. Probably for obvious reasons.

Between being somewhat more mainstream than Dwarf Fortress and having a graphical element, they might not be able to get away with children getting sliced to bits by angry alien machines, or, worse, being used as soldiers/organ farms by less scrupulous players.
Nothing important here, move along.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: March 25, 2017, 07:41:59 am »

Wasnt there some polemics in the rimworld board about a mod that included children and allowed precisely that?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #2390 on: March 25, 2017, 08:49:39 pm »

There's a tool in the debug menus that will force a pawn to give birth, that also doesn't care if it's used on an animal or person, but that's it for now.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: March 25, 2017, 08:52:41 pm »

However, if used on a human pawn, the result is instant adult.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: March 26, 2017, 08:38:46 am »

Maybe it's asexual reproduction by budding?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: March 26, 2017, 02:11:52 pm »

I think they also came with clothing, but I may be off.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: March 26, 2017, 04:44:15 pm »

Maybe it's asexual reproduction by budding?
I checked that too after flailing around [exercising? Practicing? Familiarizing! :D] with Devmode after one of the mods I have [tilled soil] glitched and turned every tile of tilledsoil into sand. The steam workshop author said use devmode or edit the save file--I then discovered how to 'rename' art titles and edit the general seed to make it more fulfilling, so it both helped me fix some stuff that was too randomly random and the glitch itself.

That said, you can't even arrest the kids to place them in a safer place--they resist arrest, EVERYTIME it's a one-shot to the neck. <_>
They resist arrest everytime too, unless you have a mod that affects social behavior [either Prepare for Romance!//Romance Diversified or Psychology mod]
Otherwise they walk around and already have a pre-generated child backstory. o_O Even...ones that don't apply at all. You can even have more than 1 childs, then notice the skeletal design of the social system as you compare the basic (+30ish on dad/child) and then the @_@ when child resists arrest by parents and...that thing happens that I typed above. Typo intentional.

Of course, nothing can disrupt social fights. Unless you DevMode in "Downing" people or otherwise. :V

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: March 26, 2017, 06:58:20 pm »

You could devmode force recruit.
Highly Opinionated Fool

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: March 27, 2017, 10:31:32 am »

Does lower blood filtration affect drug addiction chance? I have created a torture method in my mind: Remove kidney and administer drugs till prisoner dies from the overdose.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: March 27, 2017, 01:53:15 pm »

So during my searches for a podcast game, I have blown the dust off my digital copy of Rimworld. Last time I played was Alpha 14. So, any must-have or recommended mods?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: March 27, 2017, 03:20:50 pm »

For me, Combat Realism is a must have, but it does not work well with any mods that change how weapons work or how health works.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: March 27, 2017, 03:23:26 pm »

For me, Combat Realism is a must have, but it does not work well with any mods that change how weapons work or how health works.

Or that adds weapons (and other mods...) and often some creatures.
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 278