Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 279

Author Topic: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress  (Read 835968 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #2355 on: March 14, 2017, 04:39:16 am »

Why is Rimworl so expensive again? :/
RimWorld's $30, and I'd say it's worth the price already, honestly.
The "100 dollar mark" Neo is talking about is a tier on that patreon where the creator promises to create create "a mod for a game of your choice". Yeah, that seems like a truly ridiculous idea, but then I've no idea if this guy has enough of a fanatical, cult-like following for anyone to actually shell out that much in the hopes of giving him a project.

Edit: Oh yeah, and by "kickstart" I think the Chairman means using Dev mode to create his colony's walls, rather than waiting for people to gather the necessary materials to build it themselves. What a dirty cheater. Gosh.   
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 05:55:01 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: March 14, 2017, 06:09:14 am »

Isn't it sort of unethical (and maybe even illegal) for Person A to make money modding Persons B game without giving Person B a cent?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: March 14, 2017, 06:32:28 am »

Isn't it sort of unethical (and maybe even illegal) for Person A to make money modding Persons B game without giving Person B a cent?
The whole thing seems quite bizarre. Pretty sure it's at least the former!   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: March 14, 2017, 06:48:52 am »

It's not even that, I see issue with the guy's ability to create a mod for a "game of your choice". Furthermore, he doesn't specify what kind of mod, so it presumably would count with something as simple as a minor UI modification.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: March 14, 2017, 07:00:31 am »

I dont think there's a difference between steam and nonsteam. I download from author's websites, nexusmods and the ludeon forums because I dont like workshop's functionality.

Currently I'm looking forward to Rimushima and furthrr Rim of Madness expansions. In general my main mods are those two + caveworld mods + Rimsenal + EPOE + Medieval Times. plus  a clutter of smaller mods adding more animals and some other cosmetic effects

There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: March 14, 2017, 07:21:22 am »

I dont think there's a difference between steam and nonsteam. I download from author's websites, nexusmods and the ludeon forums because I dont like workshop's functionality.

Currently I'm looking forward to Rimushima and furthrr Rim of Madness expansions. In general my main mods are those two + caveworld mods + Rimsenal + EPOE + Medieval Times. plus  a clutter of smaller mods adding more animals and some other cosmetic effects

Could you possibly link to said mods? (Caveworld, medieval times)

T'would be dearly appreciated :)
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: March 14, 2017, 09:47:26 am »

-sneep- [Long list of mods as replied to by Ehndras]
Heeeeey :D I recall you mentioned using Psychology?

But instead of Prepare Carefully (I don't have the ludeon links for them though), try considering Prepare for Romance! (all needed mods are linked at the right hand area).
Basically it IS Prepare Carefully with a lot more options, and a "fix" for the "Gay" being a trait mod...by adding a 4th slot for sexualities and since it's up to the player, they can even fill all four slots with anything but sexualities [but the person will be ace/asexual, and/or otherwise will not do Lovin' actions).
Other than that, it balances out the whole 'static'ness of certain qualities, like Abrasive (nope, no -20 for everyone just because someone is abrasive), alongside many other balances and tweaks to the social system that improves them. Like how many hilarious 'hitting on' people when they don't have a chance (so I'm assuming respect), and DATES! (Which is a rather nice touch really)

It otherwise is Prepare Carefully, but with a better balanced social mechanic overall.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also since I don't see you mentioning it...
Static Quality+ (Finally a Ludeon link!)
Basically gives the player free reign on stuff--AKA "DF skill system", adding in a full menu with options to control the rate of skill deterioration, the max quality expected, and no more worry of randomized quality despite being really good at something you've practiced the last year on.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 09:50:53 am by Tiruin »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: March 14, 2017, 10:06:11 am »

If I find an a16 version I'll d3finitely consider it. Setting colonist gender is nice

And yeah, I use psychology as well. And the forementioned "Rim of Madness" mod. Plus a couple of smaller ones (including my own "50 shades of brown", which allows using dub's hygiene burn barrels for useful things (so far chemfuel. Was planning to add burning shit pots for the medieval catapult

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: March 14, 2017, 10:29:48 am »

If I find an a16 version I'll d3finitely consider it. Setting colonist gender is nice

And yeah, I use psychology as well. And the forementioned "Rim of Madness" mod. Plus a couple of smaller ones (including my own "50 shades of brown", which allows using dub's hygiene burn barrels for useful things (so far chemfuel. Was planning to add burning shit pots for the medieval catapult
o_O
But...all I've linked are a16!

That said, reading the second sentence reminded me of a GEM I found in the steam workshop.

Pretty much SOMETHING that I HEAVILY recommend to anyone, ever.
Because you get to stylize your characters after character creation, down to colorizing their outfits and refitting their hair. Even changing their body shape (because someone bulked up or something after a year of heavy duty hauling), and the like. It's basically 'customization in the shape of accessories' which I find is a really nice thing.

That, alongside RImsenal outfits, allowed me to get wedding combat dresses for my colonists! ♥ (Close Combat Armor)
When before, I had to use Prepare Carefully/For Romance! to edit the color and never change the outfit or upgrade the quality, now I can! Freely! :D
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 10:35:20 am by Tiruin »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: March 14, 2017, 11:04:16 am »

Yeah, I was on my tablet PC and postposed checking  the link till I got to my laptop.. Sorry  :-[

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: March 14, 2017, 11:45:59 am »

PD: managed to talk (?) an Elder Thing into joining my colony. He (?) is an expert in Elder Art history, and a survivor of a shoggoth rebellion about two thousand years ago.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Seems a nice chap.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: March 14, 2017, 11:49:45 am »

PD: managed to talk (?) an Elder Thing into joining my colony. He (?) is an expert in Elder Art history, and a survivor of a shoggoth rebellion about two thousand years ago.
Holy cheeeese. You can have ALLIED FACTIONS of Elder Things? I was going to post in the steam workshop about inquiring if they can be allies (since there are lacking screenshots as it all displays only colonist Elder Things) but wooo!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: March 14, 2017, 11:52:29 am »

Yeah, they send trade caravans from time to time. You cant actually trade with them for some reason, but you can talk visiting citizens into joining your colony.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: March 16, 2017, 07:19:47 pm »

Anyone know of any mods that add windows? Possibly with moodlets gained from looking through them?
I'm planning on building a nice big "motel" kinda thing (oh how I long for z-levels for this purpose) to cram visitors in, and I'd like to give 'em a nice view over the pond next to it. Sure, pawns seem to absolutely loathe the outdoors, but it would look cool to me so who cares.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 279