Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 280

Author Topic: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress  (Read 854768 times)

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #2100 on: December 17, 2016, 01:42:06 pm »

An unexpected use of drugs: I have to clear-cut an area to make a large farm so I gave an alpha beaver smoke leaf to up it's hunger, yayo to speed it up, and wake-up to help it work through the night.

Damn.
I wonder if anyone actually expected it to the point of making it their main focus with the feature. Giving cocaine to cats.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: December 18, 2016, 07:50:03 am »

A pirate boss got a free object lesson on the importance of helmets. She had a pain stopper so she kept coming until my colonists cut her legs out from under her.

This game is good at making me feel like an asshole. As I looked her over I saw that she's a 19 year old beautiful, bloodthirsty, lesbian drifter who grew up in the scouts. At some point before turning pirate she was working on a novel that was not very good. She has a passion for cooking, medicine, and animals. She also had a few friends, all of them died in a hail of gunfire while her painstopper kept her aware but totally helpless on the ground. She would have seen them being hauled off to the warg pit as chow. She's useless but I felt so bad I recruited her, she very slowly putters around the colony cleaning.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: December 18, 2016, 09:30:36 pm »

Give her two peg legs.

Even better, give her four peg legs.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: December 19, 2016, 06:49:24 am »

Black lives matter.

Bitoru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: December 20, 2016, 10:07:14 am »

New version is out and it seems like this is the point where I buy the game.  :P

Darkond2100

• Bay Watcher
  • Intrepid Groundhog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: December 20, 2016, 03:51:28 pm »

This is fantastic. The first time I check the dev log in ages and there's a new release waiting for me. I check my steam and it's already updated. :D
your hoard, your dwarves, and your fortress.
I prefer Hoard, Horde, and Hovel...

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: December 20, 2016, 05:41:46 pm »

Anyone know if the CR, prepare carefully, improved stack, and refridgerators mod still work?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Darkond2100

• Bay Watcher
  • Intrepid Groundhog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: December 20, 2016, 06:09:51 pm »

They've not been recompiled yet.
your hoard, your dwarves, and your fortress.
I prefer Hoard, Horde, and Hovel...

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: December 20, 2016, 06:12:55 pm »

Just as well, as I like to try vanilla first on each new major update...

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: December 20, 2016, 06:30:06 pm »

Alpha 16 Devblog.

It's the stable version of what's been in unstable/dev/whatever they call it for about a week or so now. Basic gist is that it adds an actual planet overworld map that you can use to send caravans throughout the world to towns and outposts of the factions in your game. Caravans can experience random encounters, need food, can trade, and can settle down as new colonies. You can raid other outposts and towns as well.

There's also been tons of other useful changes like cleaning and harvesting being done in batches now - meaning, for example, if you were to force a colonist to clean a spot on the floor, they'll clean multiple spots (seems all the spots of the same type in the room/area) before they mark their job as done. Visual feedback for moodlets - you'll see some fairly noticeable thought bubbles appear when a colonist does/sees something that gives a mood modifier. Surgery failures seem to be a bit more sane now, with different types of failures affecting the location around the intended site the failure can occure in. Drugs seem to be nerfed and cause more permanent damage with a new constantly-present overdose change. Some additions to drug schedules. A ton of other improvements as well - you should see spoiler'd changelog below or the link above to see the whole list.

Spoiler: Changelog (click to show/hide)
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: December 20, 2016, 09:57:18 pm »

Also, Combat Realism is updated already for it, which is beyond awesome.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: December 21, 2016, 01:33:35 am »

Aww, I will miss dwarven surgery where an attempt to treat an infected wound results in a removed kidney.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: December 21, 2016, 03:19:00 am »

I like this update. Mechanoids attacked the tribe in force, so instead of fighting them and having everyone die, I just grabbed all the livestock and everything I didn't want to lose and ran to the hills. The robots made a mess of the place before they fucked off somewhere else, but at least it's better than everyone dying.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: December 21, 2016, 04:10:43 am »

I didn't event consider using caravans for evacuations. I wonder, is toxic fallout planetary phenomenon? Could you just evacuate temporarily and come back later when it is over?

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: December 21, 2016, 06:09:21 am »

Aww, I will miss dwarven surgery where an attempt to treat an infected wound results in a removed kidney.

Apparently there is still a chance of the operation going 'ridiculously' wrong, so there's no need to worry!
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 280