Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 280

Author Topic: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress  (Read 854775 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #1125 on: April 10, 2016, 12:57:40 pm »

Never had a trade caravan do that... Or a cougar eating my people.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: April 10, 2016, 01:01:37 pm »

So. For people having issues with the bugs, it's kind of a cheap fix but they cannot handle the cold. Lock the door and install a cooler before the megaspiders knock the wall down- that or wait for winter. Hives straight-up disappear and all other bugs become completely docile.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: April 10, 2016, 01:08:50 pm »

How did their muffalo get that far into your food?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: April 10, 2016, 01:15:26 pm »

The farm just seems to be where the trade caravan decided to park. My base is located in a dead end canyon as well, the traders simply walked through my base to park there.  The hydroponics room is just north of where the trade caravan decided to park and it seems muffalo are like velociraptor.  They can open doors. 

I'm not sure how the freezer raid happened, but I came back from keeping an eye on a hunter shooting a camel and saw 4 muffalo happily munching on corn in the freezer.  They must have gone through at least 4 doors to get there.

EDIT: And now a mysterious blight has destroyed the remaining scraps of crops I had that were too young to fall to the horde.   Cassandra's parents must have been murdered by a potato or something.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 01:22:41 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: April 10, 2016, 03:38:17 pm »

I still haven't got a single trade ship in this version of the game. Has anyone else got them? I'm visited by trade caravans okay and I can radio factions, but no trade ships, ever. I have three trade beacons up as well.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: April 10, 2016, 06:02:09 pm »

Never had a trade caravan do that... Or a cougar eating my people.

I trained two cougars and now they kill random animals, which my butcher snatches before they can munch on them.

That was like, first month of play, heh.

The random Boomalope explosions and fires are a bit annoying, tho.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: April 10, 2016, 07:28:16 pm »

I just use the wild cougars and bears to do that. A housecat that I started with helped out with sometimes bringing down a squirrel to two, but the larger animals I just let work wild.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: April 10, 2016, 10:21:01 pm »

boomaloupe leather iirc is one of the most expensive fabrics in the game.
Every time it rains, I'm out hunting.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: April 11, 2016, 12:37:47 am »

I still haven't got a single trade ship in this version of the game. Has anyone else got them?

They're way less common than they used to be, but I've had a handful turn up.  Something like 2 per year.

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: April 20, 2016, 09:51:44 pm »

i started on randy on the mid tier setting, its a nice balance with random and keeping the pressure on ( the ludicrous maps are fun) lightening strikes cause a fire that burnt half the map ( and i had 3 days of colonists beating fires out as it got close) there should be an option of allowing me to send colonists to any fire anywhere on the map to put it out without strucutres im sure that will come in 14 alpha

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: April 21, 2016, 12:32:49 am »

I guess it's more of a workaround than a specific go-fight-this-fire button, but your colonists will try to put out fires anywhere that's marked as a 'home area'.  By default the home area expands around any structures you lay down, but you can also manually edit the home area to include (or exclude) anywhere on the map that you want - it's under Orders I think.

So if a fire starts away from your structures and you want your colonists to put it out, just select the button to set the home area and drag it around the fire.  Your colonists should then run off to put it out.  You can then delete it once the fire's out (or not, up to you).

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: April 21, 2016, 01:53:52 am »

i started on randy on the mid tier setting, its a nice balance with random and keeping the pressure on ( the ludicrous maps are fun) lightening strikes cause a fire that burnt half the map ( and i had 3 days of colonists beating fires out as it got close) there should be an option of allowing me to send colonists to any fire anywhere on the map to put it out without strucutres im sure that will come in 14 alpha

you can temporarily set the area as a home zone

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: April 21, 2016, 02:10:19 am »

I had a very nice DF like situation.

Colonists Logan triggered a trap and got her jaw crushed. (If you hear a ‘click’ above you, - don’t look up, - jump away!). She was promptly send to a medical bed and installation of a new jaw ordered.
The colony is still young, so the called in ‘doctor’ Tigress did a terrible job first resulting in deep cuts to Logan’s face and left foot!

Now, less experienced dwarf handlers would consider this a bug, but Tarn has taught me well, - so I imagine that: While Logan was unconscious Tigress thought it would be fun to exploit the temporarily ‘flexible’ jaw to take some Instagram pictures with a funny spin on ‘put your foot in your mouth’, - which didn’t go well either.

This game is the only I know that approaches DF in ‘random’ story telling.  :)
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: April 21, 2016, 02:56:18 am »

Hehe, nothing funnier than amateur surgeons.

I once captured a pirate raider, looked up his stats and decided he was useless as a colonist, so I'd just save him as a slave to sell. I told the guys not to waste medication on him. At some point I started wondering why he never left the bed. Turns out the raider had lost both of his legs. I'm pretty sure it wasn't so before the capture, so the medic must have done some really creative surgery on him. I still got 500 silver for him, though I don't want to know why someone wants a legless slave.

Hmh, now that we have animals, there should definitely be animal lover and animal hater personality traits. First disables hunting but gives happiness with stuff to do with animals, the latter gives bonus to hunting but makes the character kick pets and start fights with pet owners. 

qurvax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: April 21, 2016, 05:47:16 am »

Bugs are easy. Just let them expand beyond roofed areas, make incendiary mortar and watch the poor mofos burn. Just be sure to keep one hive around for that ultimate meat supply.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 280